The Flash (possible Spoilers)

Started by Midnite, May 15, 2014, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

catwhowalksbyhimself

We can now add one more to the list of things that Flash has adapted that we never thought we'd see in live action.

Spoiler
Gorilla City!
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

trebean

I bet Kamandi fans had a kick with the chemical that was namedropped in the last episode.

HarryTrotter

So the Arrow crossover-
Spoiler
Vandal Savage is pretty obviously Hath-Set and not actually Vandal Savage.Jay gets his speed back-for a minute.And the whole Nth metal issues is avoided.And Oliver might have figured out he has a son.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

The show was great.  I love how Arrow & Flash play off each other and Flash comment about Ra's al ghul was priceless!

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

spydermann93

BWPS

So great, I love
Spoiler
Vandal Savage and time travel.
Geoff Johns' influence on this show is very apparent and that just makes me giddy as a schoolgirl.

Barry's speed remains wildly inconsistent but his charming heroics never falter.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

HarryTrotter

Best live action Joker ever. :)
So,Wally West?
Jon Farmer

Glitch Girl

QuoteBest live action Joker ever.
In-frickin-deed.

Plus, exploding dredels. 

It is so good to be a nerd these days.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

JeyNyce

Quote from: Spade on December 09, 2015, 02:11:03 PM
So,Wally West?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that.  I wonder if he did that on purpose?  Plus Zoom is freaking scary!

HarryTrotter

Quote from: JeyNyce on December 09, 2015, 02:39:42 PM
Quote from: Spade on December 09, 2015, 02:11:03 PM
So,Wally West?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that.  I wonder if he did that on purpose?  Plus Zoom is freaking scary!
Hes wearing a suit with a purple flower.It was intentional.  :)
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

And every now and then, he'll do the Joker's voice, it was a great show all around.

I'm just wonder how Jessie, Jay & Wally going to tap into the speed force.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: JeyNyce on December 09, 2015, 03:57:47 PM
And every now and then, he'll do the Joker's voice, it was a great show all around.

I'm just wonder how Jessie, Jay & Wally going to tap into the speed force.

My theory on that

Spoiler

Since we know that he steals speed from other speedsters to add it in his own, I'm guessing the Flash team will learn to reverse it and take Jay's speed back.  In order to stop him once and for all, they will syphon off all his remaining speed and give it to Jesse and Wally at the end of the season.  Whether the recepients are accidental or chosen I cannot guess.  At the end of the season, Jay returns to Earth 2 with Jesse as his sidekick and Flash gets whatever they call Wally as his.

HarryTrotter

IDK if anyone mentioned it already,but episode 11 is named Reverse-Flash Returns.And Matt Lescher will actually return as Eobard Thawn.
Jon Farmer

BWPS

Quote from: Spade on December 24, 2015, 12:32:10 PM
IDK if anyone mentioned it already,but episode 11 is named Reverse-Flash Returns.And Matt Lescher will actually return as Eobard Thawn.

Oh saucy, can't wait for that!
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

catwhowalksbyhimself

catwhowalksbyhimself

Deathstorm has just been confirmed as appearing as Earth 2 Ronnie Raymond.  He is apparently married to Killer Frost, so both will likely appear together.

catwhowalksbyhimself

catwhowalksbyhimself

Gorilla Grodd and Gorilla City building up to a multi-episode arc in the future.  Sounds like he may even end up as the main villain in a future season.

http://screenrant.com/the-flash-gorilla-grodd-return-gorilla-city/

Glitch Girl

Okay gotta say I'm loving Earth 2 so far.

Spoiler

Iris is a cop!  Lawton's a cop with lousy aim (did not expect him at ALL)!  Mayor Snart!  Captain Singh is a petty crook!  Barry is STILL a major nerd! And Evil Vibe/Reverb!

BTW If someone finds freeze-frames of the visions in the portal, let me know.  I only caught a few of them.

Speculation time - I don't think this is too spoilery to ask who is the guy in the mask at the end?  I'm drawing a total blank.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Spoiler

I believe I saw Supergirl, although I couldn't catch anything else.  Given the upcoming crossover, that's both not surprising, and confirms that it will be the show's Barry that appears on Supergirl.

Also, someone got a freeze frame of Barry-2's phone.  Bottom 3 names were Bruce, Hal, and Dianna.

Shogunn2517

Checking the DVR now....

Spoiler
First was the Green Arrow.  Thinking Future Green Arrow with a robotic arm(as suggested in LOT... then is 90s Flash with John Wesley Shipp.... and last before the scene was the aforementioned Supergirl.  Back to the scene, first on the right was Gorilla Grodd... then it was Jonah Hex, I think?  Looked cowboy-ish with scruff.  Yep, got a closer look, Gun and face matches.... After that was a Legion of Superheroes ring.... Lastly, the vision in the middle, not so sure.  Looks like a giant emerald.  Not sure if it's for Green Lantern or if it's Kryptonite or what.

JeyNyce

So that was the best episode ever and it seems like the cast had fun doing it as well

List of the Easter Eggs:
http://comicbook.com/2016/02/09/the-flash-easter-eggs-and-dc-comics-references-in-welcome-to-ear/

Nyte Dragon

Quote from: Glitch Girl on February 10, 2016, 02:09:38 AM
Speculation time - I don't think this is too spoilery to ask who is the guy in the mask at the end?  I'm drawing a total blank.
Spoiler
I'm still sticking with my theory that Zoom is E2 Henry Allen, and the man in the iron mask is ...... Tony Stark. Kidding kidding.
The man in the mask is our (our meaning E1) Henry Allen. The Henry we've seen since he left Central City has been Zoom. When Zoom came to E1 he sought out his doppelgänger and used him for information on the Flash. This could explain why Henry makes a reference to fishing when he returned, and then Zoom mentioning how he prefers to fish using live bait.
And since Zoom doesn't want Barry dead until he drains him drier then a Bond Martini, would also explain him coming back and encouraging Barry to get better and faster AS Henry. Why else would he cripple him but not drain him?

But if I had to have a backup theory, then it's Eddie Thawn from E1. Zoom found his near death body and saved him and locked him away to do the same thing I said in my above theory, information and such. 
We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
 ⁓Doctor Who

Tomato

Spoiler
A coworker and I have been discussing Zoom at length, and we've been shooting off theories left and right. Right now, the most plausible have to do with Jay Garrick... Now that we know Jay didn't lose his speed to zoom, and instead to Velocity-6, it seems reasonable that Zoom (who acted like a junkie in the scene with Wells last week) would be tied to Jay in some way. It might even be that he's the E2 Hunter Zolomon... Instead of adopting Jay, the Zolomons on E2 adopted someone else and gave him that name. It could also be that Zoom is a side effect of Jay's use of Velocity-6, like the Sentry/Void dynamic back before they retconned it.

That having been said, there are other options too. E2 Wally is still a prime candidate, especially since his absence in the E2 West family was very glaring. Zoom jonesing for more speed would make sense in a Wally gone wrong, and it's possible he'd also fit as being tied to Wally. As ND says, Henry Allen is a prime candidate as well, given the comments Shipp made early on.

As for the masked man... I really dunno. I suspect we'll see more of him next week, so I'll wait until then to speculate.

Glitch Girl

Okay, not quite as cool as the previous episode (which would be hard to top no matter how you looked at it), but still a lot of fun.

Nerdy Barry was adorkable.  :D  "Her name starts with 'killer' and this surprises you?"

Latest Man-In-The-Iron-Mask speculation...
Spoiler
I'm 95% sure MitIM is the REAL Jay Garrick, and a fake one has been hanging out in our universe for some time.  This is probably the Earth 2 Hunter Zoloman, as he pointed out his Earth 1 twin earlier in the series.  At this point, I do not think he was Zoom ONLY because of the closing scene when Zoom's arm went through him to retrieve him, which means that if this turns out to be a total fakeout  I would not be too surprised.  I would also not be surprised if he was the mastermind, not Zoom.  Velocity 9 is obviously part of this plan, but I'm not sure how exactly. 

Which leaves the "who is Zoom" question still open.  There was some physical evidence in an earlier post I think that it might be Barry's Dad from Earth 2, but having seen Earth 2, I don't think so.  Mama Allen is still alive, though no sign of dad, so motivation through her death is out and if it was him, I think we would have seen at least a glimpse of him these last two episodes to at least set up a Chekhov's Antagonist.  The E2 Wally West theory has merit, especially if it turns out Jay is actually in charge.  I'm pretty sure this last episode established that it's not E2 Barry.  Is there anyone I missed?

-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

Spoiler

Joe West was also a subject of speculation, but he clearly died last episode, so that's out.

And Jay definitely couldn't be Zoom because he was working on the Speed Cannon while Zoom was being all menacing.

The Iron Mask guy being the real Jay is the most obvious possibility, but these people are very good at twisting our expectations around.  Still him being Hunter Zolomon and lying about his counterpart having a different name is an interesting though.

Another possibility that just occurred to me--maybe Jay Garrick doesn't exist at all.  That would explain why they couldn't find him on Earth 1.  Zolomon made him up.   The Iron Mask guy is someone else entirely but is trying to warn him that the identity is a fake.  Maybe Iron Mask guy IS E2 Wally West and he is the Flash of this universe, not Jay.

But then again, Jay and Harry seemed to know each other, so maybe not.  And Jay was shown as flash in a flashback, so nope.  Forgot what I said.

Somethign going on, though.

JeyNyce

I have a question:

Is Star Labs still operational?  How the heck are Caitlin & Cisco getting paid?