The Flash (possible Spoilers)

Started by Midnite, May 15, 2014, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Barry Allen inherited Star Labs and all its finances and resources from Harrison Wells.  It's apparently not publicly known that he owns it, but it is still operational.  No idea if they are just running off savings or actually making any sort of money.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Glitch Girl

Well, one mystery solved.

Spoiler
Jay (or possibly the manifestation of Jay's speed force) is under Zoom's mask.  We have a dead "Jay" who may just be a clone (explains the cellular degradation)

Which still leaves the question of who's under the iron mask?  Jay-Minus-Speedforce maybe?
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

JeyNyce

My 2 cents

Spoiler
I'm think that the guy in the iron mask is Earth 2 Jay and the Jay that was Flash was a clone to trick Barry.  It could be that Zoom is from another dimension and found out that if he takes out all the speedsters that he can become faster.  He's addicted to the speed force
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

BentonGrey

I know that this is really apropos of nothing, but I keep reading "iron mask" and thinking "Ion Mask."
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-atom-25-the-man-in-the-ion-mask/4000-8576/
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

Spoiler
A coworker and I have been speculating about this revelation for the last few weeks, ever since it was revealed that "Jay" (who I'm not convinced isn't Hunter Zolomon) lied about the reason behind his degeneration. The fact that his cells were being destroyed by his addiction to Velocity-6, rather than by Zoom, hit a little too close to home when combined with his long absences and Zoom's then-recent reaction to Barry's speed force injection. Combine this with the fact that the man in the iron mask is clearly the REAL Jay Garrick (both because of his tapping that name AND because the writers aren't stupid enough to make fan beloved Jay Garrick the villain), the whole Zolomon doppelganger thing... and this unmasking was a bit expected.

Still, the fact that he looks like Jay opens up a TON of new questions, especially since it's more or less a given now that the Iron Masked dude is Jay Garrick. Is time travel involved somehow, with Zoom being a Velocity-6 injected future self who kidnapped his past self to harvest healthy cells? Are we using the face stealing tech that we saw last season with Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne? And how does the dead Jay fit into all of this?

Personally, I'm leaning towards a mix of a couple different theories. Firstly, I think that Zoom is and always has been Hunter Zolomon. Whether he's the version we saw from Earth 1, some kind of twin from earth 2, or from another earth entirely, they would not have dropped the Hunter/Jay lookalike bomb earlier in the season if that had not been the plan of the show's writers. After a few confrontations with the real Jay Garrick, he defeated Jay, imprisoned him, and replaced him with the doppelganger we saw die... who is either a clone, from yet another reality... or is a stooge Zoom picked up and used something akin to Thawne's face stealer to impersonate.

This leaves the real Jay Garrick trapped in his lair. And honestly, the only reason I don't think Zoom has been Jay the entire time (We've only ever seen Jay post being the Flash) is that they would not have covered his face otherwise.

HarryTrotter

Spoiler
Jesse takes a bus to Opal city.  :)
Maybe we will see the city itself in the future.I hope.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Spoiler
Quote from: Spade on March 23, 2016, 10:13:02 AMJesse takes a bus to Opal city.  :)
Maybe we will see the city itself in the future.I hope.

According to Wikipedia, Opal City has already been mentioned once before in Arrow.  Also, although it's a different universe, it has also been mentioned a few times in Supergirl and is the home of a character who appears in a few episodes.

HarryTrotter

Deathbolt was from Opal city IIRC.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Well, Cisco just RickRolled us.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

catwhowalksbyhimself

This episode seemingly confirms my theory that the Supergirl crossover was actually set a big in time ahead of where we are now in Flash.

Spoiler

The thing on his chest in Supergirl looks like Reverse Flash's Tachyon device--which RF just gave him the data to replicate.  So yeah, sometime after this ep they build it and while testing it he runs so fast he ends up in Earth 3.

Podmark

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on March 30, 2016, 09:49:30 PM
This episode seemingly confirms my theory that the Supergirl crossover was actually set a big in time ahead of where we are now in Flash.

Spoiler

The thing on his chest in Supergirl looks like Reverse Flash's Tachyon device--which RF just gave him the data to replicate.  So yeah, sometime after this ep they build it and while testing it he runs so fast he ends up in Earth 3.

One of the creators commented on this last week:
"The events of Monday's #SuperFlash event will be referenced on The Flash, thought "a little more subtly than we were going to, initially," says EP Greg Berlanti. Also, the episodes "kind of flip order" in that Barry's unplanned trip is set up in the Flash episode that airs the day after his Supergirl appearance. "We're much better at coordinating the viewing patterns when we're crossing over on the same network," Berlanti admits. "But when [it's folded into The Flash], people will get it.""

So not sure when they sync up but it will happen.

Really enjoyed the crossover, hope they do more in the future. Actually I'm quite happy with Supergirl in general, I hope it continues and that seems likely based on comments by CBS.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

GhostMachine

Regarding the Jay situation:

Spoiler
Color me p.o.'d if Zoom is the Earth 2 Jay, and not one from another Earth. Jay Garrick is my favorite Flash, and having him be Zoom ruins the possibility of any Flash/Flash team ups in the future. Unless they do some sort of time travel thing to stop him from becoming Zoom in the first place, and that would just be stupid.

Also, once Zoom is dealt with, can they please stop bringing in people faster than Barry?

Tomato

Spoiler
Ghost Machine, it isn't. They already opened the door to the "real" Jay being the masked prisoner... Zoom is, as suspected, Hunter Zolomon... though how we still don't know yet.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Spoiler
Quote from: Tomato on March 31, 2016, 06:08:44 PMGhost Machine, it isn't. They already opened the door to the "real" Jay being the masked prisoner... Zoom is, as suspected, Hunter Zolomon... though how we still don't know yet.
The preview for next episode specifically mentions that he is Hunter Zolomon, a serial killer. My guess is indeed that the iron mask person is the real Jay.  Either he's altered his appearance, or in this continuity, they are twins separated at birth, since we already saw that Earth 1's Hunter Zolomon looks just like Jay.

thalaw2

I had the same feelings as GhostMachine. 
Spoiler
Jay being the bad guy was just real sour in my mouth.  I'd like to see how this plays out, but it better be good
[/spoiler]
革命不会被电视转播

Tomato

*sigh*

Spoiler
First of all, that was the whole point. The reason they picked Jay is because anyone with any knowledge of the comics will instantly dismiss him because "they wouldn't make Jay the bad guy." Jay wasn't even really on my list of subjects until the Earth 2 episodes... Henry, Joe, and Wally were more viable subjects in my eyes. Even the reveal that Hunter Zolomon was his doppleganger didn't really phase us, because there's NO WAY they would make Jay the villain. And they aren't... they've left enough clues that the REAL Jay is the dude we saw kidnapped in the Earth 2 episodes, and the producers have stated that the Jay we've seen under Zoom's mask is actually Hunter Zolomon. We just don't know HOW just yet.

That said, I've been streaming flash with one of my friends who isn't really into comics, and in the first 6 episodes he had figured it out. Jay being Zoom just fits the show's narrative better, and fits with the whole evil mentor figure thing they had last season. The pieces are right there in plain sight, even from the start.

Podmark

Spoiler

The thing I'm confused about is who did Zoom kill when he pulled a Jay through the portal?
We know Zoom is a Jay/Zolomon.
We know he killed a Jay/Zolomon.
We know there's a Zolomon on Earth 1.

I'm just not sure yet how the pieces come together.
My current guess is each Earth has a Jay and a Zolomon. Zoom is Earth 2's Zolomon, and he killed Earth 2's Jay who was the hero team Flash worked with. Or maybe there's only one Jay and Zolomon and Zoom has always been from Earth 1?
Am I missing something?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Spoiler
Reminds me of the Dr. Doom/Kang/Rama Tut/Scarlet Centurion/Immortus business they used to have over at Marvel...
:blink:

thalaw2

Spoiler
I would have been waaaay more satisfied with this angle if Zoom turned ou to be Barry.  To me that makes much more sense.  Zoom or Barry would die, turn into lightning, and strike Wally West giving him speed powers.  That's how it should have been.  Now, they've introduced Wally and done next to nothing with him.  Whereas we can already see the makins of Jesse Quick.
革命不会被电视转播

Tomato

Spoiler
The simple fact is, we don't have all the pieces yet. I think the next episode (which isn't for a few weeks, grr) will lay a lot more out (the episode is wholly about zoom and the preview outright talks about Hunter Zolomon being a serial killer) so I'm content to wait and see for now.

As for Wally... Your point is? Roy first showed up in Arrow season 1, but he didn't officially join arrow until mid-season 2, and he didn't get an actual costume until Season 3. I'm perfectly fine with them slowly building him up, rather than pulling some stupid "oh hey, here's a new character, he's a part of the team now" BS like I've seen on some shows. And while he's definitely been sidelined lately, I like the dynamic he has with Barry, since they've shown that he has his own unique talents and how he could potentially be an ally for Barry even before he gets powers.

thalaw2

One big question on my mind is:  Why in the opening credits does Barry say he's "The fastest man alive"?  he's already seen so many that a re much faster...is this statement made by a future Barry?  Now that's the real paradox.

And maybe we'll see black flash someday
革命不会被电视转播

Podmark

Spoiler
Quote from: thalaw2 on April 03, 2016, 05:14:35 PM
One big question on my mind is:  Why in the opening credits does Barry say he's "The fastest man alive"?  he's already seen so many that a re much faster...is this statement made by a future Barry?  Now that's the real paradox.

lol   :D

Quote from: thalaw2 on April 03, 2016, 05:14:35 PM
And maybe we'll see black flash someday

At first I thought the that's what the Time Wraiths were.

I'm happy with Wally so far, it's what I was expecting. First they need to build the bonds between the different characters, and I expect around the season finale he'll get his powers, or something that sets up him getting powers in season 3.
I wouldn't expect Kid-Flash (I wonder if they'd actually use that name? I kinda doubt it except as a joke) until sometime next season.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

I expect it'll be said in jest, and they'll either give him a proper name, or have him just be another Flash.

thalaw2

Maybe he'll be called Flashy...then Impulse will be called Flashier, and Jesse will be called Flashett. 

Flash, Flashy, Flashier, and Flashett....I like the sound of that.
革命不会被电视转播

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on April 03, 2016, 06:45:04 PM
I expect it'll be said in jest, and they'll either give him a proper name, or have him just be another Flash.

Spoiler

I'm sure the name will be mentioned, but I'm not sure they'll use it as a full time name (though Thea does go by Speedy...). I'm not clear how old Wally is but he's at least in college already and he might not be much younger than Barry, Keiynan Lonsdale is only a year younger than Grant Gustin.
If they don't use Kid-Flash, I wonder what name they would use?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BWPS

I wonder why they didn't use a younger actor for Wally. I like the guy they went with but he's definitely not going to be called Kid Flash. I know a lot of people are anti-child which I don't really understand and also it is difficult to find kids who can act well so it makes some sense.

Flash back:
Spoiler
The time wraith was wearing a Flash costume, right? That opens up some interesting possibilities. The undead version of a Flash whose earth was destroyed by time travel? Spooky. Maybe I didn't see it right though. Bringing the Pied Piper in Michelle Trachtenberg style was pretty neat too. I'm glad this show has embraced time travel and alternate earth shenanigans so well, it really is the best thing on TV.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The Show's people have confirmed that
Spoiler

Their version of Jay Garrick is most definitely NOT a villain.  This seems to me to confirm that they man in the mask is the real Jay.

http://screenrant.com/flash-greg-berlanti-jay-garrick-villain/

Talavar

I just saw this week's episode and...
Spoiler
is anyone else concerned that the character's on this show just became terminally stupid?  Through the whole speedforce draining and transferal scene I was waiting for the clever plan, the villain double cross, anything, but nope!  In the same episode where they learn Zoom was a serial killer before even getting powers, and Barry has finally got the speed advantage against him (as demonstrated by already beating him once that episode) our heroes go along with the villain's plan even after he has returned the hostage.  I've been having some concerns this season about the long-term viability of this show, and this episode raised those to a whole new level.

HarryTrotter

^I second that.Their lack of plan made very little sense.
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quite the episode!  A thing we have been waiting to happen all season has now happened as well as something we didn't expect.

Spoiler

Barry Allen is seemingly killed during the attempt to repower him, but as his disentegrating essence leaves, it strikes both Wally and Jesse, so I'm guessing they now have super speed as well, or will now start developing it.

And of course he isn't dead, and the preview for new episode spoiled what did happen to him.