The Flash (possible Spoilers)

Started by Midnite, May 15, 2014, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thalaw2

Quote from: Tomato on October 14, 2015, 06:52:16 PM
I feel like the shows cracks are starting to show for me... The stuff with Jay and Barry was fine, but we once again have a one and done villain who we likely won't ever see again. It's a recurring problem for the show, where I feel like we've only had two truly interesting villains thus far. I feel bad for the actor too, because he does his best to inject some character in there, but he's such a footnote that the episode doesn't take advantage of it.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the show, but its got a serious case of mcu-itis when it comes to the villains.

I just saw ep. 2 and I agree with you.  Even according to the dialogue there is plenty of room for freak of the weak drama.  I also can't get over how the timeline is just out of whack.  It doesn't make sense, but I'll keep watching to see if the fix this cracks.
革命不会被电视转播

JeyNyce

I like to know how they are going to use Cisco.  Vibe emit powerful vibrations, not see vibration of time.  I wonder how they are going to convert one power to the other.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

HarryTrotter

We are just 2 episodes in so its a bit early to judge,but we could use more full-time villains.
Anyone noticed that Darkseid is Captain Colds father? XD
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Talavar

Quote from: JeyNyce on October 19, 2015, 01:23:30 PM
I like to know how they are going to use Cisco.  Vibe emit powerful vibrations, not see vibration of time.  I wonder how they are going to convert one power to the other.

Who says they're going to?  He'd hardly be the first character the show has changed quite a bit from their comic inspiration.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I think you posted in the wrong thread, since Supergirl does not appear in The Flash.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

detourne_me

Quote from: Spade on October 19, 2015, 05:49:43 PM
We are just 2 episodes in so its a bit early to judge,but we could use more full-time villains.
Anyone noticed that Darkseid is Captain Colds father? XD

I just watched a Michael Ironside the other night, it's called Turbo Kid.  He plays a great villain, I'd love to see him as live action Darkseid!

Silver Shocker

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on October 21, 2015, 12:56:28 AM
I think you posted in the wrong thread, since Supergirl does not appear in The Flash.

You're right, I had both threads open when I logged in and it automatically selected this thread instead. Whoops.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

trebean

Quote from: JeyNyce on October 19, 2015, 01:23:30 PM
Well, after Final Crisis. Multiverse has pretty been about vibrational frequencies, so it's not really that much of a stretch. That was pretty much what his power has been retooled to in the New 52, that's why he was built up as Waller's Anti-Flash since he can cut off his connection to the speedforce by messing with his vibrational frequencies.

catwhowalksbyhimself

catwhowalksbyhimself

After seeing this episode, I have but one thing to say

Spoiler

KING SHARK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Shocker

Spoiler
Heck yeah King Shark! I almost didn't think he was going to show up in the episode, but then he did, and he was awesome!
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

JeyNyce

I also have one thing to say after tonight's episode:

Will somebody please make a suit for Firestrom!!!!!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Silver Shocker on October 28, 2015, 01:03:24 AM
Spoiler
Heck yeah King Shark! I almost didn't think he was going to show up in the episode, but then he did, and he was awesome!

Spoiler
The rest of the episode was quite good, but he completely stole the show for me, even if his appearance was brief.

HarryTrotter

Quote from: Silver Shocker on October 28, 2015, 01:03:24 AM
Spoiler

He did already debut in Season Zero comic.

Spoiler
Also Daniel West exists.I guess he will be Reverse Flash of Season 3 or 4.
Jon Farmer

Talavar

I can't believe
Spoiler
King Shark
has now been televised!

HarryTrotter

Fun fact: King Shark is voiced by David Hayter,who was also Solid Snake,Captain America and Bernie Wiseman.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Watch those Spoilers spade. Just because most of us have seen it, doesn't mean everyone has.

That being said, this episode raises a few questions:

Spoiler
First, who do ya'll think Iris' brother is? The easy answer is Daniel West, setting him up as a villain for a future series, but they've also cast Wally. It would be a bit of a difference from the comics to have him be Iris' brother rather than her nephew, but the show has taken liberties with the comics before.

The other big one... is this Wells, or is it Thawne? Granted, I'm more inclined to think it actually IS Wells, since the only reason to bring Thawne back would be to resolve the dangling plot threads from last season, and they are bringing back the actual Thawne actor as well.

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Spoiler
I'm guessing Wally.  Unless time travel is involved(which is possible) there's no way he could be her nephew given the ages involved, but younger brother works well and is close enough I think.

Silver Shocker

Next week on Flash....

Spoiler
DOCTOR LIGHT!!!!  :D
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

^You had me worried for a moment about which version will it be.
Jon Farmer

Shogunn2517

Quote from: Spade on October 29, 2015, 10:21:25 AM
Fun fact: King Shark is voiced by David Hayter,who was also Solid Snake,Captain America and Bernie Wiseman.

SN: For anyone that plays EA Sports games he's the "If it's In the game, it's in the game."

catwhowalksbyhimself

Spoiler

So it looks like Dr. Light is a combination of both the heroic and villainous versions of the character, with some original twists.
It appears that the reason why the Earth 2 villains are killing their dopplegangers is to pretend to be them to escape Zoom.  It makes sense, they are afraid of both, so that is the obvious third option.
Wells is a bit slimy in any universe, it seems.  I don't think Wells 2 is outright evil, but he's not trustworthy.
The actress playing Well's daughter was cast as Jesse Quick.  Hmm.  I'm wondering if in this version she somehow ends up with Garrick's stolen speed, then gives it back later.
Cisco, outed as a metahuman by Wells 2, names himself Vibe.  He powers in this version makes him more of a support character than a superhero though.  At least for now.

HarryTrotter

Also Earth-2 has
Spoiler
Atlantis,above water.Jay knows a guy there.  :cool:
Jon Farmer

Glitch Girl

I liked the updated Doctor Light costume though I am kinda sorry we won't be seeing more of her.  I'd kinda like to see her redeemed or developed or something. 

Cisco easily had the line of the night abotu Wells 2.0 (who is wonderfully awful).

The Atlantis line did make me squee a little bit.  :)  I bet Benton liked that one.

Is it just me or are all these now villainous heroes reminiscent of the Crime Syndicate's Earth 2 (Morrison/Quietly) rather than the classic Earth-2?

Also, is it just me, or do you think that it's going to turn out to be Barry under the Zoom mask?
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Spoiler

I am also thinking that it is Earth-2 Barry.  This would explain his knowing things about Barry that he shouldn't.

Nyte Dragon

Quote from: Glitch Girl on November 04, 2015, 02:43:23 PM
Also, is it just me, or do you think that it's going to turn out to be Barry under the Zoom mask?

Spoiler

I thought that, but Zoom's build seems a bit broader then Barry's. But the producers said they would show Zoom in the first episode, and I have a theory that fits in with what Cat said. Well two theories actually.

1. Zoom is Henry Allen of E2. This one is a bit of a stretch, but during a Q&A with J.W.S. when asked about putting the Flash suit on again he does a slight pause and hesitates some in his answer. Like I said, it's a stretch, but it would be a helluva mind twist to see.

2. My personal favorite theory is Zoom is Joe West from E2. E2 Joe didn't raise Barry, and went down some dark paths because of his drug-using wife. This leads to him becoming a crooked cop before he gains his speed powers. When he discovers E1, and his counterpart, he uses that information to learn about Barry.

Now my daughter had her own theory that it might be E2 Eddie Thawn as Zoom.
We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
 ⁓Doctor Who

Glitch Girl

Regaroding what ND said
Spoiler
Theory one is getting a lot more traction now that there's a photo of Zoom sans creepy black eye effect.  Those eyes look awfully similar to JWS.  It would also work towards explaining his weird absence since his release - somehow Zoom got to him or something along those lines

LOVED last night's episode, especially the training sequence. And DANG Zoom is a scary creature.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

JeyNyce

That episode was scary, but good in so many ways.  I'm also looking forward to next week's episode with Gorilla Grodd

Silver Shocker

Tony Todd is such a great voice for Zoom. He has such a perfect "intimidating" voice. Between that and the look of his mask/face it really makes him seem like a supernatural monster.
~Rocky Balboa