The Flash (possible Spoilers)

Started by Midnite, May 15, 2014, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thalaw2

The Flash Casts Wally West

This is exciting.  I don't know much about the actor.  I tried to watch Insurgent, but I couldn't get through the first five minutes.  Those teen things just ain't for me.  What do you guys think of this casting?
革命不会被电视转播

Podmark

Really excited about this.
I find it interesting that the actors for Barry and Wally are only a couple years apart.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

catwhowalksbyhimself

First look at live action Jay Garrick, in a beautiful live action recreation of the cover of Flash #123 (if I got that number right)

I must say, I do like that costume.  He looks great.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=123882
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BentonGrey

Wow, that's the first thing I've seen from this show that I like almost unequivocally.

Apparently they're casting Hawkman, which is almost enough to get me watching this show. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 13, 2015, 04:06:10 AM
Wow, that's the first thing I've seen from this show that I like almost unequivocally.

Apparently they're casting Hawkman, which is almost enough to get me watching this show.

Hawkman is being cast for Legends of Tomorrow, although he might very well appear in the Flash as well.

HarryTrotter

Wonder what will be Hawkmans origin story here?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

bat1987

Oh wow, eversince they announced Jay appearing i wondered how they would pull off his look. He looks great and the homage poster is fantastic.

catwhowalksbyhimself

catwhowalksbyhimself

A new trailer and other tidbits.  Biggest thing for me is the revelation that Zoom is actually from Earth 2 and gets let in by the wormhole.  That's why we're getting a second version of the villain from the first season--he's the Reverse Flash from Jay Garrick's universe.

http://screenrant.com/flash-season-2-trailer-preview-new-character-spoilers/

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

Tomato

Hrm

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind the brown and I think it'll look fine in the context of the shows, but I think my biggest problem is hawkman... I really would have liked something closer to the harness of the comics, either with him actually bare chested, or at least with a lighter color on the torso to give more variation to the X harness.

Hawkgirl is great though. Love the golden bronze color.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I should note that only Hawkman is confirmed as appearing in Flash (and Arrow)  He'll be searching for Hawkgirl since he reincarnates with all his memories intact and she does not.

Of course, some of you may have noticed exactly where she is--in Central City near the wormhole.

BentonGrey

Well...that's disappointing but predictable.  They really are terrified of color, aren't they?  Hawkman's one of my favorite characters...though I suppose it doesn't matter to me too much, since I don't watch these shows anyway.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 12, 2015, 05:40:50 PM
Well...that's disappointing but predictable.  They really are terrified of color, aren't they?  Hawkman's one of my favorite characters...though I suppose it doesn't matter to me too much, since I don't watch these shows anyway.

This is sad.  I can understand why you wouldn't like Arrow, but Flash is the only recent superhero show to fully embrace the fun, fantasy side of superheroics.  Forget "realism," the Flash runs up a building because he's the Flash and it's cool!  Why should their be telepathic talking apes?  It's a superhero show!

You won't see that kind of thing elsewhere, except maybe on Arrow, now that Arrow's trying to play catchup to its own spinoff, and Legends of Tomorrow.

HarryTrotter

Have to agree with Benton here,some colour would have been nice...but yeah,expected.
Also...yeah,Arrow was a bit lifeless this past season.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

I think they know that, which is why a lot of what we've heard is about embracing the lighter side of the ga character.

But seriously, Benton... Flash, now. Go watch all of it. NOWWWW.

BentonGrey

I've seen bits of it Cat, and nothing that really gave me the impression I'd enjoy it.  Everything I saw was 'off,' and it bothered me.  It still felt too CW.
God Bless

BWPS

CW is the best channel on TV right now! 4/5 of my top shows are on it. Though I guess to be fair, the other 1/5 is Pretty Little Liars on ABC Family.

They look ok, not being yellow and green is a plus in my book. Why don't they have wings though? Do they just appear when they have to fly to limit the special effects needed and not be a huge challenge for blocking indoor scenes? Also that mace should be way bigger.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Tomato

Meanwhile, in less disappointing costume news, full promo shots of Jay Garrick. I rather like it... It's a bit more uniform then jays classic costume, but in a way that feels very true to the character.

catwhowalksbyhimself

My only complaint is that the lightning bolt is only an outline.  Otherwise I very much like it.

JeyNyce

It would be cool if it lights up when he taps into the speed force
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Sadly no Jay Garrick (except for about 5 seconds at the end) but we otherwise got a good start to the season with the Atom Smasher.

Spoiler

The mystery on Roy's not being Firestorm in Legends of Tomorrow is solves as Firestorm is the one who actually shuts the wormhole down by splitting in the middle of it--and only Professor Stein comes back.  For now Stein appears to be replacing Wells as on the team, and Barry now owns Star Labs as well.

HarryTrotter

Good start for season 2.
Think we will see Bart Allen in this season?Or maybe in the third?
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Spade on October 07, 2015, 04:55:10 PM
Good start for season 2.
Think we will see Bart Allen in this season?Or maybe in the third?

Third probably.  We already have Wally West, Jesse Quick, and Jay Garrick.  I think that's enough for one season.

BWPS

I love this show so much. Villains/heroes from earth-2 excite me.  You can really feel Geoff Johns' influence and if he's good at anything, it's writing Flash stories. Can't wait to see some races!
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Another episode packed full of comic book references.

Spoiler

Jay's lost his speed, so no races for now.
The comic book cover is referenced, which was fun.
Jay's helmet from last season is explained.
Vibe's name is teased, although it looks like his powers are a bit different.
Lightning throwing. Has the Flash ever done that in the comics?
52 inter-dimensional portals.  Heh.
If Zooms wants to eliminate all other speedsters, then the two new ones about to be introduced are going to drive him nuts.  Or more so than he already is.
Heavy water still part of Jay's backstory, if modified somewhat.

Lawthfar

I totally missed the 1st season of The Flash (thank God Netflix)

Now that I've done a all in 1 day event I'm hooked  :thumbup: Now I starting on Arrow (Yea I now I should have done Arrow 1st)

Silver Shocker

Good episode. Flash is picking up some momentum  ;).

Spoiler
I found Jay Garrick quite likable in this. Barry's skepticism about him was, IMO, explained well.

I really liked how they beat the villain. Very smart of them.

Not sure how I fell about the new female cop character. I'll have to give it time.

Tony Todd was a great choice for the voice of Zoom. Very intimidating.

Not sure how I feel about alternate world Harrison Wells. Well I really like the actor, it being the alternate versions holds mean meaning to me than the character we knew, and it kinda feels like they're struggling to keep Tom Cavanagh in it.

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on October 14, 2015, 01:36:03 AM

Spoiler

Heavy water still part of Jay's backstory, if modified somewhat.

Darn, I missed that part.

Quote from: BWPS on October 09, 2015, 01:22:51 PM
I love this show so much. Villains/heroes from earth-2 excite me.  You can really feel Geoff Johns' influence and if he's good at anything, it's writing Flash stories. Can't wait to see some races!

Your "favorite's" in it next week though. ;)
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Tomato

I feel like the shows cracks are starting to show for me... The stuff with Jay and Barry was fine, but we once again have a one and done villain who we likely won't ever see again. It's a recurring problem for the show, where I feel like we've only had two truly interesting villains thus far. I feel bad for the actor too, because he does his best to inject some character in there, but he's such a footnote that the episode doesn't take advantage of it.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the show, but its got a serious case of mcu-itis when it comes to the villains.

HarryTrotter

It would be awesome to have Alan Scott(and he should be played by John Slattery).  :D
Im such an optimist.
Jon Farmer