Young Justice and Green Lantern Series info

Started by Midnite, February 02, 2010, 11:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

New DC Animated Series: Young Justice League
Also rumours about Bruce Timms CG Green Lantern for 4Q 2011.  :o
Why is Arrowette costume green? She's not part of the Green Arrow family.  :huh:

Arrowette concept art.

Podmark

It might be Speedy. The symbol on her chest belongs to Mia.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

catwhowalksbyhimself

The actress says she's voicing Arrowette.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

kkhohoho

The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

lugaru

I would LOVE it if it was done Young Avengers style... a bunch of teens who happen to be very similar to the JLA but have separate origins and exist in the same world. Hell, if so they should do a comic.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Midnite on February 03, 2010, 04:26:17 AM
Aqualad
Tequan Richmond

I'm not sure which is goofier looking, the Aqualad design or the fellow behind it.....

While seeing Aqualad as a starring character in a DC series would be cool, I'll reserve judgment until I hear more.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Panther_Gunn

Visible neck gills?  Really?   :thumbdown:
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Previsionary

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 04, 2010, 12:41:11 AM
(CLIP)

I'm not sure which is goofier looking, the Aqualad design or the fellow behind it.....

While seeing Aqualad as a starring character in a DC series would be cool, I'll reserve judgment until I hear more.

What? Talking about a 16 year old kid, Benton? I always knew you aquadorks were evil and soulless. Tsk!
Disappear when you least expe--

lugaru

Well like I was saying I would love it if Aqualad is not related to Aquaman, kind of how Hulkling has little to do with the Hulk. You know... a lot of different paths to get to the same heroes, that idea always insterests me.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Previsionary on February 04, 2010, 01:36:43 AM
Quote from: BentonGrey on February 04, 2010, 12:41:11 AM
(CLIP)

What? Talking about a 16 year old kid, Benton? I always knew you aquadorks were evil and soulless. Tsk!

It ain't my fault he's making a goofy face... :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

thalaw2

Little man from across the street.  Let me hold a dollar! 

My favorite line from Everybody Hates Chris.....Why did Chris Rock cancel that show?
革命不会被电视转播

Midnite

Source link

QuoteGeoff Johns on the possibility of a "Green Lantern" animated series: "There's a very, very good chance. But maybe."

Midnite

QuoteA Green Lantern animated project is in the works at Warner Bros. Animation, The Continuum has learned.

According to sources, it will be part of a direct-to-video project that will be timed for release of the live-action Green Lantern movie in the summer of 2011.
A representative of Warner Home Video said the studio will not comment on any film that hasn't been announced as in production.

According to sources, the new Green Lantern animated project takes a look at the origins of the Green Lantern Corps, including the first ring wielders.

At Emerald City Comic-Con last weekend, DC Comics' Geoff Johns hinted at a Green Lantern animated series, which would appear to be a different project.

Source link

QuoteAdditionally, The World?s Finest is currently unable to receive confirmation from Warner Home Video or Warner Bros. Animation concerning a new Green Lantern direct-to-video animated feature. Reportedly set for release next summer, to tie in with the live-action Green Lantern 2011 theatrical release, the DC Universe Original Animated Original Movie title will apparently focus on different members of the Green Lantern Corps. A new Green Lantern animated series is also rumored to be in production for Cartoon Network, with an initial episode order of 26 episodes, but also remains unconfirmed by Warner Bros. Animation at this time.

Source link

marhawkman

Midnite

QuoteCartoon Network provided the following description of the series, as seen below.

Young Justice - In Young Justice, being a teenager means proving yourself over and over?to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if you?re not just a normal teenager? What if you?re a teenage super hero? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove you?re worthy of the Justice League? That?s exactly what the members of Young Justice ? Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis?will find out, whether they have what it takes to be a proven hero. This all-new series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics.

Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers.

More details on the new animated series are slated to be announced shortly, along with new images and content. Additionally, continue to toonzone News for details on other new projects announced during the Cartoon Network 2010 Upfronts.

Glad to see Greg Weisman is producing this. After getting screwed over by Marvel and Disney, I hope this new series is successful and DC can appreciate his talents.

deano_ue

random choice on the roster, so is it dick or tim, wally or bart, and no wonder girl

Podmark

I think I might love this. And Greg Wiseman? Excellent!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

yell0w_lantern

Still a might too anime styled for my tatse.
Yellow Lantern smash!

Talavar

Midnite

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on April 21, 2010, 10:44:25 PM

Really? I don't see the anime influence. But it does have a hint of Darwyn Cooke's art style. 

BentonGrey

Ehh...I'll give it a shot, but I'm not terribly excited.
God Bless

deano_ue

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on April 21, 2010, 10:44:25 PM

sadly we'll never see westren animation much like we did in the 80's early 90's anymore

damn you fox kids

Previsionary

I'm trying to find this anime style people are alluding to and don't really see it. Anyone want to expand a bit on that?

BWPS

I know Robing, KidFlash and Superboy. But who are the other characters? I assume that's a femalized Martian Manhunter (Venusian Womanhunter?), and I hope to god that girl up front isn't named Green Tornado. No clue on that other guy.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

yell0w_lantern

It is less prominent than in Teen Titans but it is still there in the design of the hair, the shape of the legs, the eyes are still a little large and so on.
Yellow Lantern smash!

BlueBard

Quote from: BWPS on April 22, 2010, 01:17:45 PM
I know Robing, KidFlash and Superboy. But who are the other characters? I assume that's a femalized Martian Manhunter (Venusian Womanhunter?), and I hope to god that girl up front isn't named Green Tornado. No clue on that other guy.

From the quote:

QuoteRobin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis

I don't get "Miss Martian".  Jonzz is supposed to be the last green Martian, right?  So who is this?
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Previsionary

BB, Miss Martian is a newer character and current Teen Titan. She's a white martian imitating a green martian.

lugaru

Quote from: BWPS on April 22, 2010, 01:17:45 PM

I dont read much DC but I'm aware of the character. What is funnier is that I did a search for her and found a full martian manhunter wiki.

http://martianmanhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Martian

docdelorean88

She doesn't look right...I don't like the costume at all. I think the character could work, but the colors just clash too badly. And whats with the hair? UGH. We need a make over here.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"