Young Justice and Green Lantern Series info

Started by Midnite, February 02, 2010, 11:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shogunn2517

JeyNyce

Quote from: docdelorean88 on April 22, 2010, 06:34:15 PM
She doesn't look right...I don't like the costume at all. I think the character could work, but the colors just clash too badly. And whats with the hair? UGH. We need a make over here.

maybe because it reminds you of Super-Girl from Superman TAS
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

marhawkman

Quote from: BlueBard on April 22, 2010, 01:32:50 PM
Quote from: BWPS on April 22, 2010, 01:17:45 PM
I know Robing, KidFlash and Superboy. But who are the other characters? I assume that's a femalized Martian Manhunter (Venusian Womanhunter?), and I hope to god that girl up front isn't named Green Tornado. No clue on that other guy.
From the quote:
QuoteRobin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis
I don't get "Miss Martian".  Jonzz is supposed to be the last green Martian, right?  So who is this?
M'Gann M'Orzz is from Mars, but she's a WHITE martian!  Except she's a nice person, unlike most of the others.

docdelorean88

Quote from: JeyNyce on April 23, 2010, 02:23:53 PM
She doesn't look right...I don't like the costume at all. I think the character could work, but the colors just clash too badly. And whats with the hair? UGH. We need a make over here.

maybe because it reminds you of Super-Girl from Superman TAS
Very true! It looks like a rip off supergirl.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

deano_ue

ummm what? apart from the cut out parts on her top.that is her comic book look

Previsionary

I think he dislikes the costume in "general," UE... though it's really not as bad as it's being made out to be. Her costume is J'onzz inspired, hence the red crosses on her shirt, the cape, and the blue skirt. Megan IS basically the Martian Supergirl in the same way J'onzz is the Martian Superman, so the comparisons are appropriate, I suppose.
Disappear when you least expe--

Courtnall6

meh...I'll give it a watch...even though commando Superboy looks super lame.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

docdelorean88

Quote from: Previsionary on April 24, 2010, 04:10:57 PM
I think he dislikes the costume in "general," UE... though it's really not as bad as it's being made out to be. Her costume is J'onzz inspired, hence the red crosses on her shirt, the cape, and the blue skirt. Megan IS basically the Martian Supergirl in the same way J'onzz is the Martian Superman, so the comparisons are appropriate, I suppose.
That is it exactly. I don't like it in general at all. I can understand the design elements, i just don't necessarily agree them. I too do not like super boy, but hey! Kid flash looks fairly normal, and robin is okay.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

marhawkman

Enh it looks better on her than on J'onn......

Midnite

Source link

Quote..Siren and a young hero who?s about to get world wide exposure this fall beyond comics ? the all-new Aqualad.
When our YOUNG JUSTICE animated series for Cartoon Network was announced a few weeks ago (who ever thought we?d see an animated Miss Martian?! AW YEAH!) a lot of people asked who the new Aqualad was. And a lot of people thought they?d have to wait for the show to start. But you won?t.
Aqualad?s story actually begins in a few short weeks in BRIGHTEST DAY #4...

Podmark

Link to video with creators talking about the show with footage

I can't wait for this series. I love most of the cast, they showed lots of cool stuff in the video, and most importantly it's being produced by Greg Weisman who is responsible for two of my favorite cartoons ever, Gargoyles and Spectacular Spider-Man. Only thing missing is Wondergirl.

Wikipedia lists some voice actors for the series, may or may not be accurate:

Superboy (Nolan North)
Robin (Jesse McCartney)
Kid Flash (Jason Spizak)
Miss Martian (Danica McKellar)
Artemis (Stephanie Lemelin)
Aqualad (Kari Peyton)
Batman (Bruce Greenwood)
Aquaman (Phil LaMarr)
Green Arrow (Alan Tudyk)
and Captain Marvel (Rob Lowe)
Queen Bee (Marina Sirtis)
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

kkhohoho

Quick question; I'm probably correct in assuming that this isn't part of the DCAU, right?
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

murs47

Podmark

Quote from: kkhohoho on July 23, 2010, 11:49:31 PM
Quick question; I'm probably correct in assuming that this isn't part of the DCAU, right?

I don't think so.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

steamteck

Quote from: Courtnall6 on April 24, 2010, 05:53:33 PM
meh...I'll give it a watch...even though commando Superboy looks super lame.

I REALLY hate that version of Superboy and am not a big fan of teen heroes but they look like they're giving it a good try. I'll check it out. I know my kids will.

murs47

I have high hopes for this series after watching that interview. Hopefully death will be as serious as it was in Yost & Kyle's New X-Men run.

BentonGrey

Phil Lamarr...Aquaman....really?  He's a great voice actor, and a fantastic John Stewart, but he doesn't really fit for Aquaman.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

A spoiler that may be a spoiler for Brightest Day as well:
Spoiler
Reported on Ugo, the creators stated that Black Manta is Aqualad's father.

The article also seems to confirm the voice cast I posted. It also states that Captain Cold, Ice, and Icicle will appear in the series and that the series is takes place on Earth-16 in DC continuity.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Quote from: Podmark on July 24, 2010, 04:58:59 AM
A spoiler that may be a spoiler for Brightest Day as well:
Spoiler
Reported on Ugo, the creators stated that Black Manta is Aqualad's father.

The article also seems to confirm the voice cast I posted. It also states that Captain Cold, Ice, and Icicle will appear in the series and that the series is takes place on Earth-16 in DC continuity.

I find that very moderately interesting. 
Spoiler
Of course, as far as I'm concerned it's a lose/lose.  I hated what they'd done to Garth, I hated that they killed him off without ever really taking the time to give him a decent ending, and I resent that they did it to replace him......what I wouldn't give for an orderly comics universe. :P  Still, that's not a terrible idea, and it provides some good potential for the character.  It might also be interesting if he were Cal Durham's son....that's a character that I always wanted to see them do more with.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Midnite

With the League appearing, does this mean Batman: The Brave and the Bold is cancelled?  :(
I really hate the WB Embargo.

Tomato

Quote from: Midnite on July 24, 2010, 05:11:33 AM
With the League appearing, does this mean Batman: The Brave and the Bold is cancelled?  :(

You say that like it would be a bad thing. I'd much rather have "The Batman" back personally

Midnite

Source link

QuoteA brand-new teaser poster has premiered online for "Green Lantern: The Animated Series," courtesy of TV Guide.

The poster, as seen below, will be available for signing at this weekend's New York Comic Con where the show's Executive Producer, Bruce Timm, will host a panel previewing the series for the first time.

The series is expected to debut in November of 2011, and will likely tie directly into the Green Lantern feature film, set to hit theaters on June 17th, 2011.

Talavar

Quote from: Tomato on July 24, 2010, 01:07:19 PM
Quote from: Midnite on July 24, 2010, 05:11:33 AM

You say that like it would be a bad thing. I'd much rather have "The Batman" back personally

And you say that like "The Batman" ending was a bad thing.  I want Batman TAS back.

BentonGrey

You know what I want?  I want Aquaman: TAS. ^_^
God Bless

murs47

Those pics are sweet. I'm interest in this show is increasing.

Trelau

wait, is the show going to be CGI? they seem to have both TAs-style character sheet and Clone Wars-style previews...

Podmark

Yeah the GL show will be CG. Bruce Timm is involved.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

This looks really promising. I've always enjoyed DC's animated productions.