AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laughing paradox

Cable looks cool but Stryfe looks sick! Great job on them.

Bloodshadow

AfghanAnt

Updated Stryfe. I saw what Cb was saying and fixed it, and I did an alternate leg design because I saw some Liefeld work with blue thighs.
Spoiler

Helix

martialstorm

AfghanAnt

So as you may have noticed, I've already skinned three of Mike Carey's Supernova era X-Men. This is probably my favorite X-team outside of Grant Morrison's New X-Men (which I'm going to update soon :)). Anywho, here is a preview of Rogue and Mystique. Rogue will be hooded and unhooded.

Spoiler

The skins that are complete.

Cyber Burn

Excellent Mystique skope, if you don't mind me asking, what mesh did you get the guns from?

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 23, 2013, 02:07:54 PM
Excellent Mystique skope, if you don't mind me asking, what mesh did you get the guns from?

The guns are Ren's AIM agent's shrank down. The same one as my Bishop skope too.

Podmark

Sweet wips!
I think I can guess which characters you'll be skinning in the future...

Yeah the Carey run (and the Morrison run) was one of my favorites too.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

I liked Carey's X-men too. Lady Mastermind and Mystique skopes look especially cool.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AfghanAnt on May 23, 2013, 10:57:48 PM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 23, 2013, 02:07:54 PM

The guns are Ren's AIM agent's shrank down. The same one as my Bishop skope too.

Thanks, I really need to figure out how to skope weapons from one mesh to another.

laughing paradox

I didn't read Carey's X-men. What does Supernova mean?

The skopes are looking nice.

Also... how friggin' great are those Grenadier meshes, particularly the female ones? Friggin' great, is what they are.

Podmark

Quote from: laughing paradox on May 24, 2013, 04:35:44 PM
I didn't read Carey's X-men. What does Supernova mean?

Supernovas was the name of the first arc. I can't remember what it meant in the actual story though.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

martialstorm

Looking forward to checking out more on Lady Mastermind, that looks like a great costume! :P

The rest of the skins look top notch too. Always been a fan of the Iceman  :thumbup:

Podmark

I can't wait to get my hands on that Iceman. I've been waiting for a nice modern Bobby for a while.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Jimaras8

I will agrre with Podmark. Classic ice man rocks but what can i say, i am not that old. I ve been used to his new looks. So, just because iam new to the community which guys are still active creating stuff like meshes,skopes or skins? Just out of curiosity.

AfghanAnt

Spoiler

Helix

Podmark

She's looking great AA. And those are some powerful looking pistols.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Spoiler

So this most recent time has been the third time I've skinned this costume. Oddly enough, I think all three use Scarlet Witch meshes as a base. I'm really happy with the colors and the skope of the cape (I tried three different capes before I used Ren's Hourman and moved around bipeds to work with the mesh.

That just leave Lady Mastermind and Sabretooth before I'm going to release.

Here's a preview of Sabretooth
Spoiler

Podmark

Even with such a simple costume it neat seeing how each skin improves on the other. Great choice for the new cape.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

style

The Ultimate Fan!

detourne_me

Just incredible work like always dude!
I'm glad to see a Skopje from wendigo for sabertooth. Love the animations and proportions. 
I'm gonna have to read through that arc again,  glad I picked them up on comixology when there was a sale way back when.

Helix

Excellent choice on the cape, AA! This one works much better. The hair is amazing too!

Cyber Burn

That Rogue is beautiful, probably the best that I have seen for FF. I'm more of a classic Sabretooth fan, but your version is looking pretty good so far, I eagerly anticipate the finished result.

windblown

Mystique and Rogue skins are awesome. I love Rogue's new hairstyle and new cape. I'm looking forward to seeing Lady Mastermind and Sabretooth.

Podmark

I keep missing the images you add to posts. That Sabretooth skope looks great, excellent skoping choice.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Those are beautiful, AA, absolutely beautiful.  I actually like the face on your first Rogue best.  That seems more like Rogue to me.  The coloring, cape, and hair on the third one, however, are all amazing.  That Mystique is really lovely, and I really like that Cannonball and Cable.  I like these new costumes for both of them, and you've rendered them perfectly.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Starman