AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

See, I think eventually they'll gradually end up toning down the amount of random lines on the costume... it's too hard to keep that many tiny lines consistent between artists for a long period of time (that's if they even are right now, and I seriously doubt it). The core of the design though (the little S-shield designs on his wrists, the belt, maybe even the collar) looks good, and I do think it's a step up from underoos Superman.

But anyway, enough with that noise, I have a favor to ask of you AA... would you mind releasing an alternate version of Superboy's nu-52 outfit on a less... twiggy base mesh? Like, y'know... if that costume were on the REAL Kon-El.

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on January 18, 2013, 04:01:58 AMThe core of the design though (the little S-shield designs on his wrists, the belt, maybe even the collar) looks good

Yeah I'd probably agree to that.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 14, 2013, 04:53:32 AM
I started this a while back but lost it, had some free time today and decided to working on him again. I need to do his boot...this skin took a lot longer than I had hoped because of all of the unnecessary linework oh well. I want to do Kon, Kara, and Diana but not really excited by anyone else just yet.
Spoiler

BTW I am planning on release all of this content I've previewed since Nov soon.

Just out of curiosity, what mesh did you get the boots from for your Superman?

AfghanAnt

Spoiler
I've been trying to get back into skinning and I thought sharing some reskins/redesigns on character Unkoman and I made would help - we will see. :/

Cyber Burn

These are freaking AWESOME!!! You just have some insane skill. The Vampire is really the stand out for me.

Podmark

As ever I am quite impressed. Very cool designs and skins.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

Sioux City Dynamo

AA awesome!  Truly awesome!  Your skins and skopes are true inspiations for me! !
Io

laughing paradox

Nunu is my favorite, but they all look great.

What's Nunu's story?

ghazkul

THE VAMPIRE!!!!!!

Sorry but always loved that guy lol, my fave OC you've made (maybe with the exception of Lady Sasquatch).

Tomato

Quote from: ghazkul on February 17, 2013, 02:19:39 PM
THE VAMPIRE!!!!!!

Sorry but always loved that guy lol, my fave OC you've made (maybe with the exception of Lady Sasquatch).

IIRC, that's actually also the avatar of board member Vamp.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: laughing paradox on February 17, 2013, 12:36:27 AM

What's Nunu's story?
I'm figuring her out now but she is the replacement for Lady Sasquatch as the "Wonder Woman" element in our horror-theme SuperFriends.

She is based on a character by Unkoman that doesn't have a back story. When I was redesigning her, I referenced a image of Hottentot Venus a lot and initially she wasn't going to have the shield or spear, just a stick.  I do know I want her to represent humanity's older spiritual/magical beliefs, which would make her the antithesis of the Ancient Astronaut's alien quantum mechanic super-science.

Quote from: Tomato on February 17, 2013, 02:29:39 PM
THE VAMPIRE!!!!!!

Actually that's a different design but on the same mesh. Both by Unkoman.

Tomato

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 17, 2013, 03:02:47 PM
Quote from: laughing paradox on February 17, 2013, 12:36:27 AM

What's Nunu's story?
I'm figuring her out now but she is the replacement for Lady Sasquatch as the "Wonder Woman" element in our horror-theme SuperFriends.

She is based on a character by Unkoman that doesn't have a back story. When I was redesigning her, I referenced a image of Hottentot Venus a lot and initially she wasn't going to have the shield or spear, just a stick.  I do know I want her to represent humanity's older spiritual/magical beliefs, which would make her the antithesis of the Ancient Astronaut's alien quantum mechanic super-science.

Quote from: Tomato on February 17, 2013, 02:29:39 PM
THE VAMPIRE!!!!!!

Actually that's a different design but on the same mesh. Both by Unkoman.

Ah, ok. I always assumed that it was an alternate design, for some reason

UnkoMan

Well, it did come basically me looking at AA's Bat Boy and saying, man that'd look great on this Vamp mesh I just did.
Which then spawned the idea to do Weird World in the first place.

Again, AA, these skins are faaaannnnntastic! Hmm, that is a good idea for Nunu. I remember having similar feelings when I skinned her in the first place. Run with it.

AfghanAnt

Well, I'm still working on Weird World and actually have a mission done but I've been side tracked by RL and general difficultly of modding (wow you guys who do it are amazing).

Anywho, I love Hickman's work on the Avengers. It's a little slow but I'm sure it is better read as a complete run (similar to Grant Morrison's New X-Men).  I skinned Hyperion, Captain Universe, and Smasher (she is just flat color and a WIP skope).

Captain Universe's starfield twinkles which is kinda of cool .

Deaths Jester

When you going to release all this stuff, AA?  Some of us want to study it!!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

ghazkul

I weep in joy! They are amazing! I like what hes doing with the series, and the whole Starbrand thing looks to be a good storyline.

Outcast

Great set of new skins and skopes. It's nice to know you're working on a mod for your originals too. :)

detourne_me

BentonGrey

You've done some really beautiful work here lately, AA!  I especially love the Captain Universe and Ancient Astronaut skins/skopes.  I love the energy inside the Astronaut's helmet; that looks really cool.  The Weird World characters all have really nice designs, and I think this batch is an improvement over the original, which is really saying something since those earlier efforts were also quite excellent.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Those are pretty damn awesome AA. This group of Avengers seems to be pretty popular.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Swingman

Amazing! I'm especially fond of your Hyperion, but they all rock. Sort of excited 'bout the prospect of twinkles also!

Hickman is one of my favorite writers from the "big-two" at the moment. He does test my patience from time to time though. It seems he's always going somewhere awesome, but you're not always sure where that is until you're there. That's sort of his strength and his weakness at the same time.

laughing paradox

I know a few people were itching to get to these characters, but I'm glad they're being done at all. These have been the most exciting characters to come out of Marvel in recent memory.

They all look great so far.

Are you considering any of the others? The teleporter, for example. Or Shang Chi or the new Sunspot and Cannonball costumes?

windblown

daglob

Sioux City Dynamo

AA, your work is breath taking!  I really like the new Hyperion!  He has always been one of my favorite characters.  Is this one tied to the Squadron Supreme or Sinister?
Io

Cyber Burn

Not familiar with Hyperion's new costume, but man, that looks fantastic. Great coloring on the belt.

Bloodshadow

Wow!Awesome as always!Love all the new skins and skopes.

Arilou Laleelay

That Hyperion is awesome!

I can't help but wonder though, what _exactly_ is radioactive  :lol:

Starman

Your stellar work is one of the main things which keeps pulling me back to this game, AA.