News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Ramshackle (Distorto) skins

Started by ramshackle, June 13, 2016, 12:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramshackle

Hey this is Distorto! I had to make a new account because I lost the email to the other one (this always happens)  :doh:

Anyway, school finally let up on me for summer and heres some stuff I have been working on. Let me know what you think!

daglob

ramshackle

Killer Croc I'm working on, the others will be finished soon. I was hoping to get venom that outline though. No ones posted about it yet.

I want to see if I can get it to look like this ingame.

daglob

You had asked about outlines in the Hexing thread, but I've had a little luck copying the correct aura over to a mesh then using Nifscope to change the color or whatever. I've never done it, but I believe Sick Alice has used Nifscope to sculpt the aura.

AfghanAnt

These look great. Croc is the best.

ramshackle

Thanks Ant! I restarted the Venom, the old one sucked! I don't know what happened when I painted it.
Pretty much done, not sure if I have the patience to clean it up.

By the way Glob I haven't forgotten about your skin just send me a pm of what you want.

ramshackle

AfghanAnt

This is a really neat technique.

ramshackle

Thanks again Ant!

Here is something I did for daglob for winning a contest I held last summer or so. He turned in 2 codes, and this is the second skin I owe him!

spydermann93

ramshackle

For some reason bushmasters skins are now showing up as black and white and pink ingame, I can't figure it out, all the files seem to be in the right place. I'd just redownload the mesh if I hadn't edited the uv maps in nifskope. Everything was working ingame before I made the alternate skins. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I got really interested in this character after reading Villains for Hire, its too bad he doesn't show up much in the comics.

spydermann93

I really like it! I love the distinct style that you have :D

detourne_me

I love your style,  it's really reminiscent of Revenant's style. Those Hulks all look pretty amazing!
RE: Pink Bushmaster - Have you checked all of the _glow, _refl, and lightmap textures?  that's usually the main culprit when a skin is pink.

ramshackle

Quote from: detourne_me on June 16, 2016, 11:58:15 PM
I love your style,  it's really reminiscent of Revenant's style. Those Hulks all look pretty amazing!
RE: Pink Bushmaster - Have you checked all of the _glow, _refl, and lightmap textures?  that's usually the main culprit when a skin is pink.

I think I have everything set up properly, but I'm not sure. If anyone could take a look at it for me, i'd be super grateful!

I keep telling myself I'm calling it done but I'm having a hard time putting it down.

UnkoMan

Wow, interesting cell shading... I dig this.
It would be super cool if you could get auras/outlines working on all those meshes, but I guess somebody would have to actually mesh those different auras.

As to the pink, if it isn't a glow or refl maybe it has to do with FFvs3R not liking tga defaults? It's been a looooong time since I skinned, but I remember the tga/dds thing acting up sometimes.

Speaking of refl, Venom could use some, and maybe Bushmaster's claws. I tried it on a cellshadish skin once, and I really dug the look.

windblown

Welcome back. I really like those skins, especially zombie Hulk and Bushmaster, your skinning style is very cool.

Try to check in Nifskope if the textures assigned to the skope are .tga or .dds, because if they're .dds and the real textures are .tga, they won't show in game (I'm not sure I've made myself clear).

ramshackle

I finished up Rhino. You can download it in the release section.

But since Bushmaster isn't really done, if anyone wants to take a look at it and see if they can figure out whats wrong with it, you can get it here: http://www.wikiupload.com/IYWHE905ZJM6WQW

Quote from: UnkoMan on June 19, 2016, 09:47:17 AM

Wow, interesting cell shading... I dig this.
It would be super cool if you could get auras/outlines working on all those meshes, but I guess somebody would have to actually mesh those different auras.

As to the pink, if it isn't a glow or refl maybe it has to do with FFvs3R not liking tga defaults? It's  been a looooong time since I skinned, but I remember the tga/dds thing acting up sometimes.

Speaking of refl, Venom could use some, and maybe Bushmaster's claws. I tried it on a cellshadish skin once, and I really dug the look.

That does sound interesting! I'll have to try it once the mesh works.
Quote from: windblown on June 19, 2016, 08:14:38 PM
Welcome back. I really like those skins, especially zombie Hulk and Bushmaster, your skinning style is very cool.

Try to check in Nifskope if the textures assigned to the skope are .tga or .dds, because if they're .dds and the real textures are .tga, they won't show in game (I'm not sure I've made myself clear).

The textures should be tga but I did mess with the texture assignment in nifskope a bit, but I didn't change the file format.

windblown

I've taken a look at Bushmaster. I think the reason for the problem is that there isn't a standard skin folder. If you rename the ramshackle folder as standard, it shows correctly in game.

UnkoMan

Ohhh...
Yeah, I had trouble with there not being a "standard" folder before, too. Could be that!

I dunno, FFvs3R was weird about certain things. Hopefully you figure it out!

ramshackle

Quote from: windblown on June 19, 2016, 09:05:48 PM
I've taken a look at Bushmaster. I think the reason for the problem is that there isn't a standard skin folder. If you rename the ramshackle folder as standard, it shows correctly in game.

That does work! Unfortunately the mesh seems to copy the animations of another mesh while ingame.  (I remember reading about this somewhere but I couldn't find it with a search)

I also couldn't get the reflection to work on the blades for some reason. I think it might have to do with the fact that I modified the uv a bit.

I'm pretty inept when it comes to this stuff, sorry guys.

The good news is I've added some skins to the Kirby hulk and as soon as I'm done with another skin I'll be ready to release them.
I also have plans to redo venom (for the fourth time  :lol:)

Cyber Burn

Hey Ramshackle, welcome back. If you want, if you still have my E-Mail address, send me "Bushmaster" (Both Skins and Mesh that you are using), and I'd be glad to take a look at them for you, see what's going on with the Reflection.

ramshackle

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 22, 2016, 06:00:21 PM
Hey Ramshackle, welcome back. If you want, if you still have my E-Mail address, send me "Bushmaster" (Both Skins and Mesh that you are using), and I'd be glad to take a look at them for you, see what's going on with the Reflection.

Hey Cyber. Thanks! Daglob was able to help me out a bit. Sorry about the late response I haven't been able to be active recently. I plan on releasing bushmaster soon.

Cyber Burn

No worries, glad you were able to able to get things sorted out.

BentonGrey

This new style is just super neat.  I really like what you're doing, Ram.  :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

ramshackle

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 02, 2016, 11:18:57 PM
This new style is just super neat.  I really like what you're doing, Ram.  :D

Alright, you can get these on my dropbox, links are in my release thread.