AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

Quote from: Starman on April 21, 2013, 10:31:45 AM
Your stellar work is one of the main things which keeps pulling me back to this game, AA.
Looks at name of author  :huh:
Looks at character skinned; Captain Universe   :wacko:
Looks at quality of AA's skins  :doh:
;)

Cyber Burn

Thom Matto is fantastic. The flame thrower is really sweet. In fact, all the new releases are fantastic.

AfghanAnt

SO seeing as there has been so much activity lately I fired up PS and did some new skins.

I did these a while ago...

I started these a while ago and finally finished them today...
Spoiler
Thanks to Detourne_Me for the Cable skope.

Oh and I released some stuff on the 10th. :)

spydermann93

Bloodshadow

Cyber Burn

I don't think I could say anything that hasn't already been said AA, these look great.

ghazkul

Excellent as always!
Loving all the realses to! New 52 Supes and Lil Supes, plus my fave character Element Woman!
My fiancae wanted to know if you were doing her fave atm, new 52 Wonder Woman?
I've knocked this up for her to use at the moment from your epic mesh.
Spoiler

detourne_me

Out of this world man!
I randomly checked your site on HeroForce last night and was PLEASANTLY Surprised!

Oh, and everyone, i dod not do that Cable skope,  maybe the outline, but Wow, Cable sure is a BAMF right now!

Sioux City Dynamo

AA I really love your work!  The detail is outstanding!  Thanks for all you do!
Io

windblown

Those skins are awesome. I really like your old Cable skin, but this new one is absolutely spectacular.

The new releases are amazing too, I particularly like Magik and Rainmaker.

AfghanAnt

Thanks everyone. These have been reskinned and reskinned before I was happy enough with them. I actually noticed I skinned Nate's hair incorrectly so on the finale release it will look a bit more like this: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/63099/1749780-xman3_edited_1.jpg

Quote from: ghazkul on May 14, 2013, 08:07:11 AM
Excellent as always!
Loving all the realses to! New 52 Supes and Lil Supes, plus my fave character Element Woman!
My fiancae wanted to know if you were doing her fave atm, new 52 Wonder Woman?
I've knocked this up for her to use at the moment from your epic mesh.
Spoiler
She is on my list but I haven't started on a skope for her yet.

Quote from: detourne_me on May 14, 2013, 02:42:33 PM
Out of this world man!
I randomly checked your site on HeroForce last night and was PLEASANTLY Surprised!

Oh, and everyone, i dod not do that Cable skope,  maybe the outline, but Wow, Cable sure is a BAMF right now!

All I did was merge some an existing skope I was working on with the one you sent me. :)

So I started finishing up some others that were laying around. Take a look.
Spoiler

Bloodshadow

Wow! :blink:
They both look great,but the face on Exodus is just amazing,I can't wait to see these done :cool:

Cyber Burn

The metallic texture on Stryfe is fantastic.

BentonGrey

Man, both of those are looking really promising!  Awesome!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Nate and Nate look awesome AA. Can't wait to get my hands on them.
That Stryfe in particular looks very promising, looking forward to seeing the whole thing. Will go well with your new Cable.

Maybe that Cable was based on a skope I sent you for the original skin. I'm pretty sure we worked on it together.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Podmark on May 16, 2013, 03:54:31 AM
Nate and Nate look awesome AA. Can't wait to get my hands on them.
That Stryfe in particular looks very promising, looking forward to seeing the whole thing. Will go well with your new Cable.

Maybe that Cable was based on a skope I sent you for the original skin. I'm pretty sure we worked on it together.

That skope has been in a lot of hands, you sent me the original one, detourne_me updated it to a Gren mesh, and I added some additional pieces and changed out the base mesh and modified the proportions for the final product.  :)

Cyber Burn

I gotta say, I really love seeing all this colloaboration between community members, it results in some absolutely fantastic creations.

martialstorm

Always was a big of the Nate Grey X-Man especially the Ellis/Grant post-revolution version, you've captured his look and attitude perfectly AA!

AfghanAnt

Here's Stryfe. He was a pain because he doesn't have a static design so I just went with what the skope had enabled and what the Toybiz action figure.
Spoiler

I  have two more X-Men related characters (excluding Exodus) in my pipeline and then I have some other stuff but those make take a while. I'm going to try and release the Nates tomrrow. :)

spydermann93

Jimaras8

Wow AA, i love the detail in your model. Its amazing how you have achieved the color balance and the glowing. Astonishing  :thumbup:. AA do you create both the skope and the skin for the character?

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Jimaras8 on May 21, 2013, 10:57:34 AM
Wow AA, i love the detail in your model. Its amazing how you have achieved the color balance and the glowing. Astonishing  :thumbup:. AA do you create both the skope and the skin for the character?

Typically I do skope and skin my own work but this skope was made by extremely talented Johnny Patches. I made some adjustment to the proportion of the mesh (increased the chest, head, hands, and feet) to achieve bulkier/stronger look.

Cyber Burn

Hi AA, I hope you don't mind a little constructive criticism, but something on the blue area in the center of the skin looks to be a bit off, I'm just not sure what it is though. As for everything else though, fantastic, as I said before, the metallic texture is amazing.

ghazkul

Stryfe is brilliant! I would say you are the best, but I dont want to give you a Messiah Complex (bwahahahaha!).

Can I ask tho, youe New52 Superman skin, the back is unfinished. I no its a little thing but the linework doesnt connect on it. I've tried fixing it myself but once I have the skin won't run on the mesh. Any suggestions?

windblown

Fantastic work as always AA, that metallic texture is awesome.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 21, 2013, 01:18:06 PM
Hi AA, I hope you don't mind a little constructive criticism, but something on the blue area in the center of the skin looks to be a bit off, I'm just not sure what it is though. As for everything else though, fantastic, as I said before, the metallic texture is amazing.

I was emulating the blue area on the Toybiz Stryfe figure.
Spoiler
Or is it something else I'm not seeing?

Quote from: ghazkul on May 21, 2013, 07:59:31 PM
Can I ask tho, youe New52 Superman skin, the back is unfinished. I no its a little thing but the linework doesnt connect on it. I've tried fixing it myself but once I have the skin won't run on the mesh. Any suggestions?

I must have packaged the uncomplete skin, I'll reupload it some time soon.

detourne_me

i like it, that blue breaks up the costume a bit.
man, sometimes i forget how bad the toy biz molds were,  but there were the coolest toys.   I used to love them all,  and the Secret War toys too.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AfghanAnt on May 22, 2013, 12:34:01 PM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 21, 2013, 01:18:06 PM

I was emulating the blue area on the Toybiz Stryfe figure.
Spoiler
Or is it something else I'm not seeing?

It may just be the way that the skope is set up, but I think that the blue area leans a bit off to the side, it seems a bit uneven in relation to the belt. And I apologize if I'm seeming to be nitpicking, I don't mean to be, because I know you put a lot into your work and it always shows.