AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghazkul

daglob

Quote from: AfghanAnt on November 23, 2012, 04:47:12 PM
Awww shucks. Thanks guys.

Anywho, I just recent got a set of heroclix and among them was...
Spoiler

Element Woman!

As you can see just flat colors right now but I want to finish her and than release all these stuff I've been previewing before I get too far behind. Plus I have a few unreleased FXs which need to be previewed and released as well.

Okay, so I take it this is not the same one from DC Comics?

Face looks excellent.

AfghanAnt

ghazkul

She was probably the best thing from Flashpoint. Is she still in DC in the New52? It would be a shame to waste such a great character.

AfghanAnt

Sioux City Dynamo

Very nice AA!   :thumbup:

What mesh are you using for Element Woman?
Io

laughing paradox

A couple of these images don't work, but I really like that group shot of the Gold team.

Archangel looks pretty cool.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on November 28, 2012, 01:43:31 AM
Very nice AA!   :thumbup:

What mesh are you using for Element Woman?

Skope female_symbiote mesh.

Spoiler
There is a fiery and smoke trail effect when he's in flying mode. It is sort of cool.

ghazkul

Old jug-ears never looked better! lol, did you ever see the obeese version of him in Mutant-X, Butterball!

Podmark

I love the face for classic Sam. It's just perfect.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Love the classic New Mutants, nice skins/skopes.

daglob

Re: Element Woman

She looks interesting. I've been missing a lot.

AfghanAnt

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

DrMike2000

Very cool, Ant.
Seeing your Nextwave characters is like looking at well-known characters when they're drawn by an unlikely artist - Simone Bianchi or Frank Quitely on X-Men, Sienkiewicz on New Mutants and so on. I know the characters, but they've got your characteristic face and style.

Podmark (and anyone else who hasn't) - read Nextwave!
It's brilliant, an utterly unique take on superheroes.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

Cyber Burn

Man, AA, you have just grown an amazing amount as an artist, very impressive. I don't know the characters, but the skins and skopes are fantastic.

JKCarrier

Sweet! I really like the new trenchcoats, where'd you get them?

murs47

*pinches AA's cheek*

Awww me itty bitty AA is all gwown up now! :D

You are one talented individual AA...let me borrow some. kthxbai!

AfghanAnt

I started this a while back but lost it, had some free time today and decided to working on him again. I need to do his boot...this skin took a lot longer than I had hoped because of all of the unnecessary linework oh well. I want to do Kon, Kara, and Diana but not really excited by anyone else just yet.
Spoiler

BTW I am planning on release all of this content I've previewed since Nov soon.

Helix

That. Is. Beautiful! I can't wait to see Diana, too. Her new costume is cool.

Cyber Burn

That looks great AA, the linework alone had to have been a real pain to do. Very nice.

Klauser

Sign of a great skinner - you make that horrid design look good.

ghazkul

Love the skin! And the design, the only bad New52 costume I think is ANY AND ALL TEEN TITANS.

Helix

I don't know why they decided to make The Man of Steel look like he's wearing kevlar body armor. It makes sense on Batman, but not so much on Supes.

AfghanAnt

Spoiler
I'm personally not a fan of the new Superboy. I loved Conner Kent and I feel like any resemblance to that character has been stripped from the new Superboy but because he is Superboy I had to skin him.

Should be working on Supergirl 52 tonight.

ghazkul

Oh nice work (and I will ignore the inuendo) on S-boy. What is your fave new costume design then? My vote is for Harley Quinn (don't kill me!!!!!) and the Rainbow Rayners (you might want to take a look, some of the designs were sweeeeeeeeeeeeet).

Cyber Burn

The quality of your skins is amazing AA, I'm glad to see you're still in the game.

Tomato

Quote from: Helix on January 15, 2013, 10:26:35 PM
I don't know why they decided to make The Man of Steel look like he's wearing kevlar body armor. It makes sense on Batman, but not so much on Supes.

Actually, my impression was that they were trying to make the costume look more like an alien uniform of some kind, and to match the other JL members who ARE wearing more kevlar-based outfits. I rather like it, personally.

But anyway, the skins. Really loving the new Superman, not so much on Superboy (it's not anything on the skin, but like you, I'm not really digging the new version at all.)

Podmark

Great skins AA.
I'm not huge on either designs, particularly the Superman one. It's just way too busy. The Superboy one is okay, it just doesn't excite me at all.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page