News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Cyber's FX Thread

Started by Cyber Burn, March 18, 2012, 02:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

This thread will be dedicated to my FX. Enjoy.

spydermann93

A new FX AND a new skope?

This is exciting! :D

Cyber Burn

Thanks, though the skope is just a stripped down Paladin_Gren with the body from Crusader_Gren, it's what I use for my Avatar. The skin is new though, as is the FX. I couldn't get an in - game screen shot to appear so had to preview the FX this way.

Edit: This FX is just a re-color of an existing FX, I take no credit for anything.

spydermann93

Cyber Burn

Thanks bud. I plan on eventually putting together a few more red and blue lantern FX's.

Amazo Version 2.2

any chance of trying to do white or black lantern fx?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on March 27, 2012, 04:51:21 PM
any chance of trying to do white or black lantern fx?

Sorry bud, currently there are no plans for Black or White Lantern FX.

BentonGrey

Hey CB, neat stuff!  We see so few new FX that this is doubly awesome.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Thanks Benton. I've still got a lot to learn about FX, but it's always fun to learn something new.

Cyber Burn

I'm experimenting with creating my own (.DDS) files from scratch for FX's. Currently working on new punches for the different colored Lanterns. They're not great, but they are something.  :P

Previsionary

You gotta work on your shading, buuuuuuuddy. Glad to see you're picking up the fx ball and running with it. *hi fives*
Disappear when you least expe--

Cyber Burn

Thanks Prev, that's an issue I have with my skinning as well, so any tips you might have would be appreciated.

Previsionary

It's hard for me to give shading tips for fx because there are so many variables at play. You'd be better off asking a skinner... or someone who uses photoshop more than two times a year. :P

Amazo Version 2.2

not only are these good for the various colored lanterns, but there ideal for characters like doctor spectrum. can you do multi colored fx too?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on April 16, 2012, 07:43:49 PM
not only are these good for the various colored lanterns, but there ideal for characters like doctor spectrum. can you do multi colored fx too?

I haven't thought about that, I guess I could give it a try.

Amazo Version 2.2

wow! that looks great! thank you!

Cyber Burn

Glad you like it Robot, it will be in my next release.  :thumbup:

Amazo Version 2.2

hey cyber, i dont know if its just me or if anyone else is having this issue, but your shuriken fx arent showing up in game. they show up in the character creation menu, but not in the game itself, example the rumble room. if you could help me figure out what i did wrong, that would be seriously sweet. thanks.

Cyber Burn

Thanks robot. Usually when i make an FX, I just go by the character creation menu, but I'll check the shuriken out. Is anyone else having issues that I need to check out? Thanks.

Cyber Burn

OK, this is what I found: If you view the characters from street level, you can see the FX in-game, if you view the characters from above, you can't see them. As of yet, I have NO clue how to fix it.

Amazo Version 2.2

i see what you mean, thansk buddy.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 24, 2012, 01:48:24 AM
OK, this is what I found: If you view the characters from street level, you can see the FX in-game, if you view the characters from above, you can't see them. As of yet, I have NO clue how to fix it.

This also seems to be true for Red_Sun's shuriken FX, which is what mine are based on.

Previsionary

Canadia? What's that? Sounds like a place Podmarks would come from.  ^_^

Looking nice, Cyber. I''m surprised it took so long for that classic FX to be updated, but I guess we are low on FXers. Keep it up, bud-o-rama.

Cyber Burn

Thanks for the compliments Prev, I hadn't seen the "O Canada" FX until after I read your post (I must have blinked), otherwise I would have left well enough alone.

Amazo Version 2.2

just curious as to what else youre working on cyber.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on July 16, 2012, 02:09:04 PM
just curious as to what else youre working on cyber.

Kind of got burned out on content creation, personally, I hope it passes.

Amazo Version 2.2

thats a shame, i hope the creation bug bites you again.