News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Coming soon: Saturday Morning Villainy

Started by Kenn, September 25, 2010, 08:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenn

(with thanks and apologies to DaGlob, since I'm borrowing his style of promotional images)

Since I'm Nifskoping these as well as skinning them, I figured I could just as easily put this thread here as the skinning thread.

Coming soon...

How many can YOU name?

Hint: these are all DC characters.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

President Raygun

One - Agent Liberty, so cool. Keep up the good work Kenn  :thumbup:

daglob

Yeah, I think the green chick is "This One", AKA "The Celestial Madonna". Is the ape Solivar? (I need to finish Sam Simeon)

I've seen the guys in the back someplace...

And it all looks good.

Kenn

Yes, that's Agent Liberty up in the corner and the green chick is indeed Willow (as this one was called) when Steve Englehart used the Celestial Madonna in "Justice League of America".  And yes, that is my take on Solovar, ruler of Gorilla City.

(airborne)
Agent Liberty - from "Superman" (vol 2) #60 et al.
Blackwing - from the Huntress story in "Wonder Woman" #297-299

(on the ground)
Willow - from "Justice League of America" #142
Swashbuckler - from "Detective Comics" #493
Onyx - from the Green Arrow story in "Detective Comics" #546 et al.
Steve Trevor as the Patriot - from "All-Star Comics" #8, et al. but in a guise from "Wonder Woman" #174
Solovar - from "Flash" #106 et al.
Sonik - from "World's Finest" #310 and #318
Moonbow - from "Firestorm" (vol 2) #48 and #49

(back row)
the Triple Stars [Red Star, White Star, and Blue Star] from "Wonder Woman" #176

steamteck

They all look great. I find Moonbow paticularly intriguing

Podmark

Can't say I recognize any of them, but cool stuff Kenn.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Hey Kenn, you gonna do the Avengers clones from Englehart's run on the JLA?

They are on my list, but way, way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy down.

Kenn

From Englehart's run?   I don't remember any Avengers clones from that run (139-146,149-150).   I remember them from Friedrich's run (Wandjina, Silver Sorceress, Blue Jay, Jack B. Quick/Captain Speed).

Well, I did Blue Jay eons ago.   Though technically I did the JLI/JLE version of him (his mask changed).   Wandjina is on my list.   I'm considering Silver Sorceress and the speedster.   Mostly a question of figuring out how to make Sorceress' headgear.

JKCarrier

Yay, more Silver/Bronze Age DC!  :thumbup: Lookin' good!

bearded

Quote from: Kenn on September 26, 2010, 03:26:44 AM
  Mostly a question of figuring out how to make Sorceress' headgear.
http://www.comicvine.com/silver-sorceress/29-10170/all-images/108-206204/62188-silver-sorceress/105-345823/
you guys want this helmet? i'll totally make it. i'm good for something. sometimes.

daglob

Quote from: Kenn on September 26, 2010, 03:26:44 AM
From Englehart's run?   I don't remember any Avengers clones from that run (139-146,149-150).   I remember them from Friedrich's run (Wandjina, Silver Sorceress, Blue Jay, Jack B. Quick/Captain Speed).

Well, I did Blue Jay eons ago.   Though technically I did the JLI/JLE version of him (his mask changed).   Wandjina is on my list.   I'm considering Silver Sorceress and the speedster.   Mostly a question of figuring out how to make Sorceress' headgear.

That's it. Good to know.

John Jr.

They're all great as usual, Kenn, but Agent Liberty and Solovar are specially good.

Outcast

If it weren't for the spoiler, i wouldn't know who those characters were.   :P

Nice costumes though. ^_^

Kenn

The above characters and these

have been shipped off to Alex, so hopefully they'll be released at the Freedom Fortress later in the week.

John Jr.

I'm looking forward to get Sivana, The Big Red Cheese will get some new EZScripts soon...
A+ job as always, Kenn. Thanks for releasing them!

abenavides

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

laughing paradox

I like your choice in characters (at least the ones I know!) and am seeing characters I actually wanted to create and now won't have to.

Moonbow looks really cool, Agent Liberty and his shield are nice, and I love that Onyx! I'm really surprised to see the Mantis of the DC Universe, too! Nice job on the whole group.

I am curious about that guy in blue in the middle.. who is that?

Kenn

Quote from: laughing paradox on October 02, 2010, 05:20:02 AM
I like your choice in characters (at least the ones I know!) and am seeing characters I actually wanted to create and now won't have to.

Moonbow looks really cool, Agent Liberty and his shield are nice, and I love that Onyx! I'm really surprised to see the Mantis of the DC Universe, too! Nice job on the whole group.

I am curious about that guy in blue in the middle.. who is that?

By the blue guy in the middle, I assume you mean the black guy with wings.  He was called Blackwing (gotta love those early 1980s names).  He appeared in the "Huntress" (Helena Wayne) strip that was the back-up in "Wonder Woman" in the early 1980s.  He was costumed in 297-299, IIRC.   He was a partner at Grayson, Cranston, and Wayne, who took up crimefighting after Batman was killed.

I'm glad to know there are a few of us who still remember some of these guys.

Here's what I've been working on today...  still a definite work in progress.

Podmark

Neat design, again don't recognize him though.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Kenn

When he's done, it will be the Atomic Knight from DC circa the mid-to-late 1980s (the end of CoIE, then the Outsiders.)

daglob

There are some of us that remember the original Atomic Knights.

That does not affect how great that scope is for Gardner Grayle as The Atomic Knight.

President Raygun

Sweet skope Kenn, I always thought his 80's outfit was his most distinctive, albeit clunky look. His newer suits are just ...meh.

Kenn

In searching for reference material, I've come across a site that indicates that he was tapped for a fourth line of Super Powers toys that never happened.   I suspect that the 80s design was designed with the toys in mind.  The monochomatic armour (shiny), the big helmet, the shield and the large rocket pack would all be ideal for a toy, but a pain for a comic book artist.   It also may be why DC was pushing hard for him right around that time, and then once the SP line folded, he pretty much vanished.

Kenn

Outcast

That shiny armor really makes that skin stand out Kenn. Very nice work. :kingbe-thumbup:

Kenn

Atomic Knight and other oddities from Kenn's hard drive...

daglob

I like them all, especially the GL from LV-426. I designed a slightly different comstume for him. I also gave a certain little green Jedi master a Guardian robe...

Trelau

Gangbuster! i was looking all over for him! Now for a luthor/brainiac team up to shatter is mind, muahahahah