News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Coming soon: Saturday Morning Villainy

Started by Kenn, September 25, 2010, 08:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenn

Scorpion, no, the problem is I need a real job again.  Damned 21st Century Depression. 

As soon as Alex has the updates up (he's about half way done with getting the pages updated, last I heard) you can get them all.  As far as who they are, you can either wait for the files and check out the Peruse Me files, or just ask. 
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

daglob

Quote from: Kenn on January 13, 2011, 09:54:02 PM
Scorpion, no, the problem is I need a real job again.  Damned 21st Century Depression. 

As soon as Alex has the updates up (he's about half way done with getting the pages updated, last I heard) you can get them all.  As far as who they are, you can either wait for the files and check out the Peruse Me files, or just ask. 

It's not quite so depressing until your unemployment runs out, you lose your house, and you move back in with your mother.

Kenn

I moved back into my folks' house three years ago after my Mum's stroke.   About two years ago my former landlord lost the building I had had my apartment in before I gave it up to be able to help my folks.  And my unemployment... well.

So, what characters do I need to identify.

This batch we had the Champions of Angor AKA the Assemblers AKA the Justifiers AKA DC' Avengers the way the Squadron Supreme are Marvel's JLA.  That's Wandjina (with the axe), the Silver Sorceress (in gold, don't ask), and Jack B. Quick (and my old Blue Jay hex from years ago.)

Then there were Icon and Buck Wild from the Milestone comics line.  Icon's a strange visitor from another planet who came to Earth with powers and abilities... etc.  The twist, he landed in 1839.  Buck Wild, Hero for Rent was an homage/pastiche/parody of Luke Cage who appeared in Icon's book.

Then there's Wonder Woman Wetsuit - based on Lynda Carter's underwater gear from the 1970s TV programme.  And Jason Todd in his first costume.  This is the Earth-One Jason Todd, the likable one from before he was wiped out in the Crisis and replaced with Jason Todd the rhymes-with-gaspole who was killed by 900 number vote and inexplicably resurrected.  And Super Woman - Kristin Wells - from the far future who used future tech to become Super Woman in the 20th century.

Scorpion13mk2

Ah, ok. Im gonna haveto get them Avenger knock-offs. For some reason, Im always intrigued with characters like that. The fact that the Squadron mini series is one of my very favorite comics doesnt hurt, either.

And poor Jason. Sure, he sucked, but when they brought him back, they could have had a great story about him coming to terms with his tragedy and somehow, through the love of his friend and the support of Bruce being able to become a real hero again.....oh, wait, no, he's a wacko vigilante who wants to improve on Batman's methods through killing the criminals. Thats a fresh, interesting idea! We sure havent seen that before! Just ask Jean Paul Valley. Or the Reaper. Or Vigilante. Or...

John Jr.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems, Kenn, I hope things get better soon. I have the same habit, when I need to stop worrying about problems, I just try to concentrate in create something. So, every time I went in a "creating spree" you can be sure I was upset with something.
Anyway, I loved the new creations, specially Wetwoman. Lynda Carter will always be the true Wonder Woman for me. Jason is great too.

Kenn

Alex finished putting my latest stuff up on the site last night.  Enjoy.

steamteck

They are very enjoyable! Excellent job causing a download frenzy. Thanks for your wonderful work.

Cyber Burn

A great set of releases Kenn.

Spoiler
And for the record, I don't think you are the only one who turns to  :ff: when real life is rough. It's a great escape.

Kenn

Okay, it's scary when, in over a year, this thread is still on the first page.

Kenn

The Mister Incredible skope I mentioned in the request thread, and Left- and Right-Winger a couple of ex-Bold Urban Commandos who got ticked when they were fired when their boss, Super Patriot, was tapped to be the then-latest Captain America.

What I think is cool is that the Wingers actually have flaming torches they wield.  And in opposite hands (as befit their names)

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Kenn

I haven't actually made anything in a while.  But it's all new to all of you, so... 

More stuff I just released via my Yahoo Groups.

That's Beaded's Bug mesh, which a while back, with B.I.L.'s permission, I skoped onto my Blue_Beetle_KX hex/skope

The Plastic Man is just Texas Jack's Plastic Man mesh with goggles skoped on.

The Flash of Two World's are one mesh.  So are Mas y Menos.

daglob

Kenn

One of the few characters introduced during the Radium Age of comics that I actually found likable, Amanda Conner's sexy Terra III

And easily the most successful of the Jurgens era Titans, Argent

Both skoped from the Terra mesh that was used for Tara Markov in the Titans mod.  Both just added to http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Whatever_happened_to_Kenn/files/

Starman

I haven't seen anyone else do Terra and Argent before ... nice! Also, I love that Blue Beetle skope.

Kenn

Credit where its due, Bearded-in-Lair's Bug mesh is what really makes that Blue Beetle skope, I think.  And the skin on Argent was by Afghan Ant.

But thank you.

Sioux City Dynamo

hi kenn, great stuff.  when I click your link to download, I get a page not found error.  would you know what is wrong?
Io

Kenn

spydermann93

These are really neat, Kenn!

I really like the Blue Beetle and Terra/Argent, in particular. :thumbup:

laughing paradox

Nice skopes, Kenn.

Blue Beetle looks cool and I really like how Terra came out.

Kenn

Okay, anyone want to guess what my favourite cartoon was growing up?

Here's a hint: 

Not helping?  Here's a bigger hint:

Okay, we have Zy-Kree, an escaped Phantom Zone villain from the Season 6 short "The Evil from Krypton". 

Then we have a trio of villains who were "The Terror from the Phantom Zone" (Season 3a):  Hu-Ul, Rom-Lok, and Lo-Gar . 

[Hu-Ul's name was pronounced "hull" but I assume it should have a more Kryptonian spelling; which happens to be identical to Faora Hu-Ul's surname - maybe he's her father or husband]

And then the others are the Super Enemies (Superman, Batman & Robin, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman) from the "World's Greatest..." (Season 4) episode "The Universe of Evil".    I think the title explains who the Super Enemies are pretty easily.   Remember, parallel worlds are too confusing for new comic book readers, but it's okay to use them on Saturday morning cartoons.

I need to do portraits and Peruse Me files for this lot, but they should be up later this week in one of my Yahoo groups.

jeremy355