News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Coming soon: Saturday Morning Villainy

Started by Kenn, September 25, 2010, 08:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKCarrier

That "sideways flattened" Shadow Thief is inspired -- what a great idea! Very happy to see Brainstorm, too...what did you use for his helmet? It's spot-on!

Kenn

Quote from: JKCarrier on October 06, 2010, 01:40:48 PM
That "sideways flattened" Shadow Thief is inspired -- what a great idea! Very happy to see Brainstorm, too...what did you use for his helmet? It's spot-on!

The Brain Storm skope started out as Saracen's Bulletman mesh, with several deformed taskmaster belt-buckles, taskmaster's baton, and the "fro" from Saracen's Big-@$$ Fro mesh making the rest of the helmet.

Now, let me ask you this:  during the late 1970s or early-to-mid 1980s did you ever watch cartoons either on Saturday morning, or else on weekday afternoons in the "after school" block?  If you did (and you lived in the U.S. at least) then you saw a lot of commercials.

And now, proof once again that Irrational should have made the teams 5-character teams instead of 4-man teams...

The super-team that NO ONE demanded...

My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

crimsonquill

Quote from: Kenn on October 08, 2010, 05:06:45 AM
The super-team that NO ONE demanded...

LOL.. And just when you didn't think it was possible for a rumble room mission to get ANY stranger..

"The Red Skull is preparing to take over that military armory!!! What are we going to do?!... " "CREST TEAM to the rescue..." "What the #$#@?!"

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

panoramac

Hey that's funny. Good Stuff. Just need to whip up a mouth map to fight the Cavity Creeps. Ha ha.

JKCarrier

"We make holes in teeth!" Oh, that's brilliant!  :lol:

Kenn

Quote from: crimsonquill on October 08, 2010, 05:41:15 AM
"The Red Skull is preparing to take over that military armory!!! What are we going to do?!... " "CREST TEAM to the rescue..." "What the #$#@?!"

Maybe the Red Skull should have gotten his weapons from AIM*.   I mean Crest vs Aim, seems like a natural to me.

* - Advanced Idea Mechanics

Cyber Burn

That is seriously cool Kenn, what did you use to make the toothbrushes with?

cmdrkoenig67

steamteck

OK , you win! You're even more excentric than me.

Kenn

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 08, 2010, 03:06:59 PM

The toothbrush handle is the staff from Checkmate_Knight_New, flattened (and they're all using the CKN keyframes). The base of the toothbrush head is Taskmaster's beltbuckle, Nifskope-distorted (I manually altered half the coordinates to stretch it out and flatten the sides). The block of bristles is the Quiver_Square and the blob of toothpaste is a distorted Mustache, both from Tommy's Versatile series.

Alaric

Fear the "A"!!!

daglob

The only thing I can say about this is when can I get ahold of them?

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Kenn on October 08, 2010, 04:09:06 PM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 08, 2010, 03:06:59 PM

The toothbrush handle is the staff from Checkmate_Knight_New, flattened (and they're all using the CKN keyframes). The base of the toothbrush head is Taskmaster's beltbuckle, Nifskope-distorted (I manually altered half the coordinates to stretch it out and flatten the sides). The block of bristles is the Quiver_Square and the blob of toothpaste is a distorted Mustache, both from Tommy's Versatile series.

Really inventive usage of Nifskope Kenn.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bearded

say...wasn't there an incentive to make mods based on retired skinners returning? alright then. i demand my crest team mod now!

Cyber Burn

Hey kenn, I don't want to threadjack, but did you attach the quiver and buckle to the staff or is there another way to connect the pieces?

Kenn

It's hardly a threadjack, CB.   Yes, the quiver, buckle, and mustache pieces are all "children" of the staff.

If you open up the original (:ff:) CKN mesh in NifSkope and click on the Staff, there is a NiNode named "Staff".  If you click that Node's details it says Children: 1, and if you explode the array so you can see the contents it points a NiTrishape Editable Mesh which contains all the stuff to define the staff.

If you open up "C" (or any of the others and click on the Staff, there is still a NiNode named "Staff".  But if you click that Node's details it says Children: 4.  If you explode the array, you'll see the first child is still the NiTrishape Editable Mesh that defines the staff, but the next three are NiNodes named "bristles", "brushhead", and "paste" (I renamed them.)  And each of those has a "child" that is there own NiTrishape Editable Mesh.

I found that when I wanted to adjust the position of the staff, it was easiest to first do the Transformation on the Staff NiNode, but for it to truly take in game I had to Apply the transformation, first to the NiNode, and then all 4 children (and to be complete, also the 3 TriShape subchildren.)

Outcast

Quote from: Kenn on October 05, 2010, 06:31:07 PM
Atomic Knight and other oddities from Kenn's hard drive...

Great job on these skopes and skins Kenn. Even if they are on the obscure side, it's still nice to see some new characters being made. I really think you've captured their look pretty well. :)

Quote from: Kenn on October 08, 2010, 05:06:45 AM

Haha.The Crest team?  :P I've always thought it would be amusing to see skins of mascots/superheroes that some companies use/used in tv commercials/advertisements. Awesome job on those toothbrushes too.  :)

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Kenn on October 09, 2010, 12:38:40 PM
It's hardly a threadjack, CB.   Yes, the quiver, buckle, and mustache pieces are all "children" of the staff.

If you open up the original (:ff:) CKN mesh in NifSkope and click on the Staff, there is a NiNode named "Staff".  If you click that Node's details it says Children: 1, and if you explode the array so you can see the contents it points a NiTrishape Editable Mesh which contains all the stuff to define the staff.

If you open up "C" (or any of the others and click on the Staff, there is still a NiNode named "Staff".  But if you click that Node's details it says Children: 4.  If you explode the array, you'll see the first child is still the NiTrishape Editable Mesh that defines the staff, but the next three are NiNodes named "bristles", "brushhead", and "paste" (I renamed them.)  And each of those has a "child" that is there own NiTrishape Editable Mesh.

I found that when I wanted to adjust the position of the staff, it was easiest to first do the Transformation on the Staff NiNode, but for it to truly take in game I had to Apply the transformation, first to the NiNode, and then all 4 children (and to be complete, also the 3 TriShape subchildren.)

Wow, thanks for taking the time to explain, but I think most of that went way over my head. This will give me something to explore though.

And I'm looking forward to checking out the GL skope as well.  :D

Kenn

Quote from: daglob on September 26, 2010, 07:27:30 AM
Quote from: Kenn on September 26, 2010, 03:26:44 AM
From Englehart's run?   I don't remember any Avengers clones from that run (139-146,149-150).   I remember them from Friedrich's run (Wandjina, Silver Sorceress, Blue Jay, Jack B. Quick/Captain Speed).

Well, I did Blue Jay eons ago.   Though technically I did the JLI/JLE version of him (his mask changed).   Wandjina is on my list.   I'm considering Silver Sorceress and the speedster.   Mostly a question of figuring out how to make Sorceress' headgear.

That's it. Good to know.

I've been in Angor Management this week.

As I said, Blue Jay isn't new, but the other three are.  Now to finish the Peruse Me files and get them shipped to Alex.

John Jr.

They're great! I love the way you do Silver Age characters, Kenn. Great colors too!

daglob

Sioux City Dynamo

Great job Ken!! I love the Assemblers!  I have been working on them myself.

What did you use for Silver Sorceress' helm??
Io

Kenn

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on January 10, 2011, 01:57:28 AM
Great job Ken!! I love the Assemblers!  I have been working on them myself.

What did you use for Silver Sorceress' helm??

Silver Sorceress' helmet: Tommy's open face helm from the versatile series; a Wonder Woman tiara from an old WW mesh that Feledio had done; and the scabbard from Taskmaster, broken into pieces.

Other stuff in the pack I just sent Alex:

AfghanAnt

daglob

Hey, I was gonna do that Superwoman... and am just as happy that I don't need to now.

Great stuff!

laughing paradox

Icon looks cool.. I really like Silver Sorceress and Wandjina. Glad to finally see them in the game.

martialstorm

Wonderful choice of characters Kenn :thumbup:

Can't wait to include the heroes of Angor, plus the first Jason Todd costume and Mileston's Icon are real gems.

Fantastic work :D

BentonGrey

Wow!  There's some great stuff in here!  I love that Atomic Knight.  As a matter of fact, the trio you previewed there, Gangbuster, the Knight, and Rampage are some of my favorites of what you've got here.  Matter Master!  Awesome, I've been wanting one of those forever!  Ha...I love that alien Green Lantern...too cool.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Scorpion13mk2

Damn Kenn....youre goin crazy here! YOURE OUTTA CONTROL!!

I dont know who half these people are, but I have to have them anyway!