Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Started by JeyNyce, March 31, 2010, 02:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Doesn't it seem unfair that if I get the GameStop preorder I get it for all 4 different realities, but the Amazon Iron Spider is just for 2099 (why 2099???).

I like Iron Spidey costume more as the Scarlet Spiders look than as a Spider-Man costume.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BlueBard

Quote from: Podmark on June 08, 2010, 05:05:52 PM
Doesn't it seem unfair that if I get the GameStop preorder I get it for all 4 different realities, but the Amazon Iron Spider is just for 2099 (why 2099???).

I like Iron Spidey costume more as the Scarlet Spiders look than as a Spider-Man costume.

Is there a price difference?  If not, I'd think that makes it more of a no-brainer.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

JeyNyce

Quote from: BlueBard on June 08, 2010, 05:16:34 PM
Quote from: Podmark on June 08, 2010, 05:05:52 PM

Is there a price difference?  If not, I'd think that makes it more of a no-brainer.

No price difference where you buy it from.  I wonder if BestBuy will have a special skin.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

JeyNyce

New trailer is up and new dimension: 2099, there's also a hint of the last one and it's looks like Spider Carnage

http://spidermandimensions.marvel.com/#/2099-videos/sm_e3_trailer

JeyNyce

Troposph3r3

Quote from: JeyNyce on June 25, 2010, 01:19:02 PM
New trailer is up and new dimension: 2099, there's also a hint of the last one and it's looks like Spider Carnage

http://spidermandimensions.marvel.com/#/2099-videos/sm_e3_trailer
It must be carnage theres no other symbiote what fits that figure closer than carnage.

Venom is always too bulky to look like that... it kind of looks like the bonus costume for carnage on MUA2 (i saw the bonus costume on another site.)

JeyNyce

Podmark

Final dimension revealed:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-10-spider-man-shattered/701853

Spoiler
So the final Spider-Man is actually Ultimate Spider-Man wearing the symbiote suit. Interesting choice. And of course Deadpool is in it.  :D

The game seems kinda wonky with 4 different Spider-Man's in it, but I hope it turns out to be good.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

JeyNyce

I heard about it late last night/ early morning.  In one hand, I like it and on the other I don't because it seems like a coup out.  They wanted to go one way, but people didn't like it so they said "It's this spider-man with this...."

Me being a HUGE Spidey fan, I'll get the game anyway.

Previsionary

Voica Actors revealed: http://worthplaying.com/article/2010/7/23/news/75752/

NPH, Josh Keaton, Christopher Barnes, and Dan Gilvezan as Spidey, yo. Haven't heard NPH voice Spidey since the MTV show. TAS power activate!
Disappear when you least expe--

Podmark

The voice cast is pretty cool, though I wish Christopher Barnes (TAS Spider-Man) was doing the Amazing Spider-Man rather than Noir Spidey. Josh Keaton (Spectacular Spider-Man) as Ultimate Spidey is a good choice.

Really cool to see NPH returning for this. Can't remember if I liked his Spidey on the MTV show though.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

NeoDarke

I didn't do it!

What didn't I do?

Marmeille

Nice! Stan Lee is the narrator.

Madame Web looks great, Mysterio not so much, I don't like his helmet in this game.

"Is that a... cartoon pig?"  :P
Marmeille is the wisest cat ever, EVER!!!
Cool Cape is sometimes made of oatmeal (freaking unstable molecules).
[IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/marma_pix/CivilWarMarm.gif[/img]

JeyNyce

They really should make Spider-Ham a character in the game

Troposph3r3

I thought carnage was invololved theres no other carnage I know what is shaped like that except the one I battled in ultimate spiderman the game.

docdelorean88

Okay, REALLY REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS NOW!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

UnkoMan

I am pretty pumped for this. I probably won't play it for a long time though. I just recently started playing Web of Shadows and holy smokes... web action is great. They've come a long way since the last Spider-Man game I played.

I'm a bit disappointed that black suit spidey is the final character though. Ultimate and regular Spider-Man are basically the same, and I'm so over seeing the symbiote, which I've always hated. 2099 was rad and the noir Spidey looks great, so why not some other crazy choice? How about Spiders-Man from Earth X? Or Unlimited? Or, actually... I would have loved to see the Indian one.

Anyhow, this still looks freakin' awesome. And I would totally play a Spider-Ham game.

JeyNyce

It would have been cool if the last one was Spider-girl or even Zombie Spider-man, or even 6 arms spidey.

UnkoMan

I've got it! So they want to use Carnage right? And have a symbiote suit?

How about Amalgam's Spider-Boy having a symbiote crisis of his own, with Bizzarnage somehow involved, of course. Now that would be awesome. Heck, he could even gain the suit a bit of the way into the game so at first you can play standard Spider-Boy, then later have all those suit powers.

BlueBard

Quote from: JeyNyce on August 06, 2010, 05:26:08 PM
It would have been cool if the last one was Spider-girl or even Zombie Spider-man, or even 6 arms spidey.

Uhhh, No.

"Excuse me, I'm trying to save the universe here and I didn't have lunch yet... Can I eat your brain?"

Real heroic.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

JeyNyce

Hey! Zombies needs to be rescues every now and then. :P

Podmark

I was looking at an article about the alternate costumes on Marvel.com and it states that all are unlockable by playing the game, except for the Captain Universe costumes which are a GameStop exclusive. The other preorder exclusives just unlock the costume early. So if you're planning to preorder then GameStop would seem to be the best value.

I'm looking forward to playing as the Scarlet Spider.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Mr. Hamrick

Rented and played the game over the weekend.  Glad I didn't buy it but it's a good rental game.  I rented the game for two days and was honestly bored with it by yesterday.  Played through 7 of the 14 levels and a few of them twice.  Got a bit frustrated with The Deadpool and Scorpion levels and stopped playing.

The Good.

The Noir levels.  I'll probably be in the minority here.  The Noir levels are rather inventive and pretty cool.  Only got to play two of them, though.

The bosses...  Well, some of the them.  Hammerhead is actually challenging on his level till you figure out what to do to beat him.  Deadpool is as well, still haven't beat him.  Sandman was an interesting fight too. 

The graphics... except the 2099 level.  Even the 2099 level looks pretty but there are some serious visual issues compared to the other levels.  The other three worlds are distinct visually and the Amazing levels feel like you are in the panels of the comic books. 

The costumes... 12 different ones including the main four.  This is not including the Cosmic Spiderman that was a GameStop exclusive.

The Bad
The costumes... despite there being 12 different ones.  You can only play certain costumes on certain levels.  Not really bad per se but I suspect many will be disappointed.

The Camera... especially on the 2099 levels.  Got really bad on the Scorpion level specifically.  However, it's a pain on other levels too.   You can't always control the camera on the levels.  This includes things like being unable to adjust it to see where you are going on the Sandman level at one point and the camera jerking around on the Scorpion level to the point where it is potentially dizzying.

The controls.  Certain controls in the game make no sense.  To some extent, they vary from universe to universe.  And there are various points where certain abilities quit functioning and you don't know it until you try to use it.  This is usually the web jump (or whatever its called) so its not a big deal but there are other times.

The audio.  I will go into this more below.  Madam Web gets annoying after a while.  So do some of the other characters.

The UGLY
The 2099 levels are dizzying.  Particularly The Scorpion level.  Visually, they are pretty but playing through them is visually an eyesore at several points because it's hard telling where things are (on the scorpion level) because there is so much neon going on.  (Think neon backgrounds and neon markers for targets.)

The reliance combos.  Not really a issue but kinda annoying if you are not good with them.  I had the same issue with Batman: Arkahm Asylum.

THE AUDIO!  This really started to urine me off on The Scorpion level.  Madam Web and The Scientists started repeating stuff over and over to what seemed like EVERY 10 SECONDS or less.  The camera made this worse.

I HATE THE 2099 LEVELS!!

Podmark

Thanks Mr. Hamrick. I've been waiting to hear what people think. I'll probably get the game eventually, but I'll probably wait til I can get it for cheap. Did the same with Web of Shadows.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BWPS

Yeah, I really want this but I really don't want it for $60. Spidey games don't stay full-price very long so that's good.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

lugaru

It is funny, the reason I got really happy about this game was the 2099 levels and everyone (not just Mr. Hamrick) says they are confusing and not especially good. Oh well... I'll play the game a year or two late when it is cheap.

JeyNyce

I'm a huge Spidey fan so I pre-order from Gamestop so I could have the Captain Universe Spideys and I like the game.  If you guys are looking for a Web of Shadows or Spidey 2/ 3 then you'll be disappointed.  Right now I'm fighting the final Sandman boss, so I'm 2/3 into the game. 

Podmark

I've never played any of the movie games, but I did get Web of Shadows recently and I can hardly say I was impressed. Of course Arkham Asylum has spoiled me.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page