Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Started by JeyNyce, March 31, 2010, 02:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/spidermanshattereddimensions/news.html?sid=6254383&tag=topslot;thumb;1&mode=previews

http://spidermandimensions.marvel.com/#/home

The Noir version reminds me of Batman: AA.  Any guesses what the other 2 dimensions will be?  I'm thinking one of them is a Venom/ evil version of Spidey.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

bat1987

QuoteThe Noir version reminds me of Batman: AA

A little too much if u ask me. Still interested in seeing where are they going with this.
I`m betting Spiderman 2099 is one of the remaining two.

BWPS

FWIW and IIRC, in the animated series, the alternate spideys were
Scarlet Spider (not a clone in TAS)
Metal suit Spider-Man (kind of an Iron Man type, known identity, rich and famous, kind of a dick)
No-power Spider-Man (from the real world, an actor who plays him on TV)
Spider Symbiote (kind of a freaky Carnage type, he tries to obliterate the universes from existence)

None of those sound too great. Noir Spider-Man is really awesome. This game has promise, it'd be nice to play a really good Spider-Man game.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Marmeille

This looks pretty good, having different gameplay for the different dimensions is a nice idea.

A futuristic gameplay with Spider-Man 2099 would make sense for another dimension.

I would really like a Spider-Girl dimension (although the gameplay would be pretty much the same as normal Spidey), but I have a feeling they'll go for something like Spider-Man 1602 instead.
Marmeille is the wisest cat ever, EVER!!!
Cool Cape is sometimes made of oatmeal (freaking unstable molecules).
[IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/marma_pix/CivilWarMarm.gif[/img]

JeyNyce

1602 Spidey would be too much like 1930's spidey.  I'm thinking a 2099 and and alt universe like Spidey as a kid or Spidey with 6 arms

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: BWPS on March 31, 2010, 02:48:40 PM
FWIW and IIRC, in the animated series, the alternate spideys were
Scarlet Spider (not a clone in TAS)
Metal suit Spider-Man (kind of an Iron Man type, known identity, rich and famous, kind of a dick)
No-power Spider-Man (from the real world, an actor who plays him on TV)
Spider Symbiote (kind of a freaky Carnage type, he tries to obliterate the universes from existence)

None of those sound too great. Noir Spider-Man is really awesome. This game has promise, it'd be nice to play a really good Spider-Man game.

You're actually missing two.

Six Armed Spider-Man--mutating into a Man spider form, he possesses six arms
Octo-Spiderman--Spiderman possessing Dr. Octopus's arms.

Also Scarlet Spider was Ben Reilly, who was believed to be a clone, but was actually the original.  The revelation drove the clone mad, causing him to become the Spider Symbiote.

None of which has any bearings on this game, which shows great promise.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Podmark

I'm weary of this game. It seems like an odd gimmick. I would have prefer they try to take the character back to his roots and pull off a Arkham Asylum style game. But we'll see, this could very well be cool.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

I'm guessing one of the alternate universes will be House of M.

detourne_me

2099 version could fly kinda right?
Well I guess thats what they'll go with for one of the worlds.
It seems like the game wants to highlight various styles of gameplay... we'll have a brawler with amazing, stealth with noir, probably a flying/shooting element with 2099, and jeez, probably another symbiote version for the fourth... gamemakrs just cant stay away from the blacksuit.

This kind of reeks of the latest sonic games where he becomes a werewolf with stretchy arms.

lugaru

I hink 2099 could glide actually, and had poison claws. Great character, and it rocked having him as an exile.

Who know's who the next two are but you know what would blow my mind? Marvel Zombies spidey.

Marmeille

They should have announced Spider-Ham as the 3rd one today.  :P
Marmeille is the wisest cat ever, EVER!!!
Cool Cape is sometimes made of oatmeal (freaking unstable molecules).
[IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/marma_pix/CivilWarMarm.gif[/img]

docdelorean88

At first this seemed kinda sketchy. I mean the plot seemed kinda thin. If there is a seriously decent plotline this will be fantastic! I think the aspect of different style of separate games, with intertwining plots, all rolled into one game is a fantastic idea...on paper. This seems like it would make a cool comic book idea. You know, that parallel plot line sorta thing. I'm excited!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

JeyNyce

Quote from: Marmeille on April 01, 2010, 06:54:08 PM
They should have announced Spider-Ham as the 3rd one today.  :P

That would be good for DLC

JeyNyce

Pre-order the game from Gamestop and you'll get Cosmic Spider-man for each dimension.  Looks like one of them is from Spidey 2099 era, but I can't figure out who the 3rd spidey is.  Any Guess?

http://www.destructoid.com/spider-man-shattered-dimensions-gets-cosmic-pre-order-169487.phtml

Update: Rumors has it that the 3rd on is the Symbiote.

docdelorean88

I was just about to guess that. That kinda bums me out. The 2099, i guess i can see as a good idea...maybe, but we have had SO many symbiote based spiderman games already.

lugaru

There have been a few good "evil spidey" what if stories where the symbiote took over. Maybe that will be the "hardcore" dimension with assassin spidey.

detourne_me

Quote from: lugaru on April 07, 2010, 07:41:28 PM
There have been a few good "evil spidey" what if stories where the symbiote took over. Maybe that will be the "hardcore" dimension with assassin spidey.
assassin spidey? heh, so we have an arkham asylum spidey, assassin spidey, amazing -> maybe god of war, and 2099... hmm, Crackdown spidey?

Nyte Dragon

They could have went with the Mangaverse Spidey. 
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

lugaru

Quote from: detourne_me on April 08, 2010, 10:28:48 AM
Quote from: lugaru on April 07, 2010, 07:41:28 PM
assassin spidey? heh, so we have an arkham asylum spidey, assassin spidey, amazing -> maybe god of war, and 2099... hmm, Crackdown spidey?

Which is funny because 3d, swing round, beat people up spidey games predate all those games. Heck, in my opinion Arkham Asylum ripped of Wolverine a lot despite everyone calling Wolvie the ultimae "derivative" game. Arkham is better one at the end of the day, but extremely similar. Other than going completely left field (the Hitman series) there is little you can do with 3rd person action.

Honestly I regret that there is no mention of my favrite and highly original mechanic from past games (starting with Sega Genesis I think) of alloing you to take photos. I love in game tourism and takin pictures has alwas gone well wth the character.

UnfluffyBunny

there's spiderman 2099 and a freakin steampunk spidey, i'm sold!

lugaru

Fourth Alternate Spidey revealed!

... I'm just joking btw, althouh if anyone is interested I've got a skin of this character I made ages ago.

JeyNyce

steampunk spidey would be cool. @lugaru - I read those comics, Venom is his brother.  Not a bad comic.

With something like this they should have DLC with different type of Spidey

docdelorean88

Well, sorta newsy. If you preorder Cosmic Spiderman is a bonus suit/powers. So there is that.

JeyNyce

Previsionary

Pre-order from Amazon and you unlock:

Spoiler
Disappear when you least expe--

Glitch Girl

Prev, I can't get your image to work, but I went and checked for myself...

Spoiler
Ugh I HATED the Iron Spider outfit.  Even the Spider clone one was better than this and that one involved a sweatervest.  Still, I see they left off the three pointless appendages that made him look like a wounded spider at least (7 legs?  Really? Geez...) 

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

JeyNyce

If they do this game any justice they should DLC with different spidey costumes. 

Velocity

Glitch Girl, hey now, it was a ripped up hoodie, not a sweater vest. There's a difference.

A sweater vest is something Mr. Rodgers would wear. A ripped up hoodie is something a band trying to recreate the magic of 90s alternative music would wear.

Previsionary

Another alt skin: Click

So far: Iron Spider-man (Amazon) and Captain Universe (Gamestop)

Let's hope they go about this better than they did with the MUA offering. I'd hate for this to run out of "exclusive codes" or only be available online for a month without warning.
Disappear when you least expe--