News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Oblivion

Started by Shaboba, September 24, 2010, 02:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaboba

Elder Scrolls 4, to be precise. Do you play? Do you WANT to play? =D What are the stats of your main? Etc...

My main is a level 30 female Khajit assassin... recently turned over a new leaf and I finally cured myself of vampirism and completed the main quest. I love freeform games like this, where you can customize and play how you want and get your own experience out of the game. Although the lack of dual-wielding weapons makes me sad.

Mr. Hamrick

Use to play but got tired of it after a while.  It's funny, Oblivion was one of the games that made me decide to get an Xbox360.  I wish I had waited though because about 3 months after I did, it was released on the PS3.  Had I not bought the 360, I would've probably gotten the PS3.

Shaboba

All you need is an HDTV and pretty much any game will look just as good on a 360 as it could on a PS3 (AKA, overpriced hunks of crap... cough cough)

lugaru

Played it a lot on PC with a hundred mods to make it just all that more awesome. Have mixed feelings on it... I like how open ended the game is but the way the level progression works and the difficulty of some parts makes you have to cheat. You know... do stuff like paralyze foes and push them off a bridge or put a table between you an an opponent and blast them again and again since they are not smart enough to go around. Fallout 3 was a huge improvement in terms of action gaming.

That said it was a fun, complex game. My main character was a Detective (custom class of course) who did not focus on might OR magic, but instead kind of rogue skills that he used as a hero to solve quests. He was good with a bow and some spells though, but was best when solving mysteries and hunting down criminals.

Had a few others of course, the Redguard race is just made for making samurais (especially after you download some respectable african american hairstyles) so I had me an awesome, super tough ronin swordsman. Bunch of other characters too of course, I cant play an RPG without making at least 5 characters.

Shaboba

I REALLY wish my computer could handle Oblivion. I so wish I could download the Xena & Gabrielle mod.

electro

My treasure Horde would crush anybody's - I have one of every object in the game & I have collected every jewl, pearl, crystal, diamond, peice of silver & gold, emrald, enchanted weapon, armor, food item etc... that I've come across & adorned my pirate ship from the 360 Dunbarrow Cove expansion - On the surface on my pirate ship I have collected every piece of bone I could carry & dropped it on the surface of my ship - I also have placed every torch that i've found on the surface - When you first drop the torches they don't "flame on" but, if you leave & re enter the cove your torch will be aflame so my pirate ship looks like a mass of flamming bones. Once you enter the cabin you will see all my riches which splash around your feet as you walk threw the different levels of my ship - I still play my char from time to time just to place more treasure in my ship :blink:

BWPS

Quote from: electro on September 25, 2010, 11:12:01 AM
My treasure Horde would crush anybody's - I have one of every object in the game & I have collected every jewl, pearl, crystal, diamond, peice of silver & gold, emrald, enchanted weapon, armor, food item etc... that I've come across & adorned my pirate ship from the 360 Dunbarrow Cove expansion - On the surface on my pirate ship I have collected every piece of bone I could carry & dropped it on the surface of my ship - I also have placed every torch that i've found on the surface - When you first drop the torches they don't "flame on" but, if you leave & re enter the cove your torch will be aflame so my pirate ship looks like a mass of flamming bones. Once you enter the cabin you will see all my riches which splash around your feet as you walk threw the different levels of my ship - I still play my char from time to time just to place more treasure in my ship :blink:

I would most certainly like to see some pictures of that.

I got bored and started cheating in Oblivion. I can't say I really liked it overall. I like feeling a sense of accomplishment when I level up and it seemed like there was no real point. Of course I didn't know you could get a pirate ship.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

electro

Not sure how I can get screens of my 360 game but, yea you can get a Pirate Ship & you can hire a crew to go out & plunder for you - The crew comes back every few days & leaves 1k in your treasure chest - They also fight amongst themselves which is pretty funny :blink:

GhostMachine

Here's what I hate:

Last year I bought the Game of the Year Edition, boxed, for PC. Well, it didsn't come with the pay DLC that was included for free when one of the expansions in the GOTY edition (Knights Of The Nine) was released by itself. And the part of the website where you could buy the DLC went down `for maintenance' sometime last May if I remember right, and was down for MONTHS. The ONLY way I could get the content legally when I was actually interested in playing would have been to buy the GOTY edition all over again, off Steam. I can get it now, buy why should I pay for something I should have had in the first place, or should have been able to buy when I actually bought the game, rather than having to wait months for them to make it buyable again?

So now I'm a bit wary of Bethesda and Bioware. Bethesda because they more or less screwed over anyone who bought the boxed GOTY edition of Oblivion by not including that DLC in it. Bioware by making some of the pay DLC for Mass Effect 2 stuff that should have been included with the game in the first place or free content (Kasumi is the last squad member; she should NOT be paid content).

(I will say this, though: Oblivion > Morrowind. I loved Daggerfall, but thought Morrowind kind of stunk)