News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

he man work in progress

Started by bearded, July 24, 2009, 08:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

looking for encouragement and critique on progress.  what do you think about his size and shape?  he's about a head taller than male basic.  does he need bigger muscles?

i don't know who made the skin, he will need a new skin when i am done in any case, due to all the new parts, like chest band, belt, and furry boots and loincloth.  any idea who made this skin?

Shazam

Yeah I'd say he needs to be more muscular, wider maybe?
Pursue perfection, but accept excellence.
http://www.tskr.webeden.co.uk/

Tomato

Base looks like Gren's but I don't think it's his... If you're looking for a standard skinner though, *cough*TUE*cough*

As far as the mesh... the main muscles are fine (arms, legs) though I would maybe widen the lower legs a bit more. The main issue, to me, is the Torso. It shrinks almost cartoonishly thin in the center, and the gap in his... manhood is too wide.

deano_ue

build wise compared to current FF meshes you're talking along the lines of the likes of ren's superman with caps height. these pics show the perfect build

Spoiler

bearded

here's a different view.  the chest piece is from an unknown creator, so i'm not sure i can use it.  trying to get permission now, cause it's just about perfect.  (i designed the hair and sword however, took me all morning.)  if i can't find the creator, i'll just make my own, no big deal.
do we want the axe and shield?
armor from a non skopeable(pic removed), so i'll be making my own.  which is good, i've got a good idea.
oh, another thing, i used spherify to shape the shoulders, and it gave a lot more pixels.  should i do this technique on the biceps as well?
gonna have to make some custom animations also.
and i'm thinking about castle greyskull.
i thickened the waist a bit.

jtharris86

That's looking great so far. Hey if you up for the axe and shield, I will just say don't let us stop you.  :thumbup:

Blkcasanova247

It's gonna be cool man! :thumbup: I wonder if that spherify technique makes the shoulder too spherical? The hair and sword are spot on. Can't wait to see this sucker done. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

bearded

hey, bc, did you ever get a chance to finish that female mentor?  
i'm going to look at his shoulders next, try and make them less round, you are correct, they don't fit.

give me some feedback on his face and hair please.  i changed them up a bit from male basic to fit tue's pic.  i want to make this my best mesh ever.  cause bentongrey, daglob, cmdrkeonig, and vertex gave me good support, and friendly advice.  and kssaint, but i haven't seen him in a while.
i'll take advice on the waist and legs as well.  thing is, i need you artist types critiques, cause i was thinking about it, when i recently tried to skin.  i have a lot of technical savvy with max, but no real artistic skill.
and for the arms, is this better?  i made the shoulder less round, and fixed his waist.

oh, and the chest.  wider?  as you can see, i've stretched it out from male basic quite a bit already.  i'll remap it when i'm done so the skin doesn't stretch.

Vertex

I'm so glad you were able to get meshing again dude!

I HATE what you're meshing but  :P someone has to I suppose.

Love the quality man, you're proving you haven't lost a beat!
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

Scorpion13mk2

What about Beyonder's male muscular tall mesh? That might be easier to mess around with instead of male basic.

Just suggesting. I really know nothing about meshing.

GGiant

The hair is nice! :thumbup: It resembles the pics very well. :D
As for the arms, It looks better for me, about the chest, I didn't notice till it was pointed out, but it's ok for me.

daglob

This all looks great. More stuff to play wihh.

Tomato

It looks great so far man (love the hair and face, fantastic work.) but can we get a full front shot of the body? It'd give me a better frame of reference for any critique I have.

bearded

i think i'm done with the body, unless you have something i need to change.  i think i fixed the hips and legs.  you can see the start of the armor here, without skin, of course.

Tomato

Very nice. Your first preview had him looking like he'd been pulled apart like a piece of bubble gum, so I'm glad to see how good it looks now. That hair is brilliant.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Scorpion13mk2

Oh hey, nice musculature on that. Seriously, youve really proportioned him good.

I approve. :xancool:

herodad1

will he be always holding his sword or just on some of his melee attacks.never know when he may want to just bare knuckle duke it out.

GGiant

cool...that build looks just right... :thumbup:

bearded

good encouragement, thank you.

Quote from: herodad1 on July 26, 2009, 09:53:49 PM
will he be always holding his sword or just on some of his melee attacks.never know when he may want to just bare knuckle duke it out.
i am using minute man as a base, so the weapon will be like the staff for those animations.  i will be making some new animations for him based on those however.

Blkcasanova247

Nice work! How about using Gren's Grim Hogan as a base for the keyframes? I always found that the arms on it extend a little to far out but if you alter 'em I'm sure it'll be cool. As for Ms. Mentor...I think I finished that...I gotta look back and see. I'll get back to you later. ;)

bearded

by the power of my bootcuffs, i have the power!

daglob

Quote from: bearded on July 27, 2009, 02:36:06 PM
by the power of my bootcuffs, i have the power!

...and a furry loincloth! With very little trouble this could also become Conan (and Thongor, and Brak, and Claw, and Gullivar, and John, and Kull, and...)

style

The Ultimate Fan!

deano_ue

for kf's i would look at shining knight or black knight. minute man works for staff based guys but not swords, but the mesh is look superb so far.

style

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on July 27, 2009, 03:46:57 PM
for kf's i would look at shining knight or black knight. minute man works for staff based guys but not swords

I agree 100%
The Ultimate Fan!

daglob

jeremy355

bearded

i would like to use black knight or hogun, but i don't have those max files.  what about law?

Blkcasanova247

Check Gren's yahoo groups....the Grim Hogan max file is there. I can also send it to you if you like. ;)Let me know. He never released the max file for the Black Knight.