News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Eureka

Started by Ares_God_of_War, July 12, 2009, 08:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ares_God_of_War

So what do you guys think of the new episode? I want to preface this by saying I love Hulu.com - Since I lost my job at Directv I havent actually had access to cable or satelite so it was awesome seeing this episode there. I like the forshadowing at the end.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

MikeB7

I loved it, so happy to see it back.  I missed Eureka bigtime.

House Quake

Some of the best TV out.  I was late on the show... but via torrents... I DL'd every episode from #1 on.

Spoiler
I wonder if Robo-sheriff will be seen more?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Very much the Eureka I've come to love. I definitely hope Andy stays on as a regular.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

GhostMachine

Really? I wish Carter's sister would leave, and hope Andy pops up every once in a while, but NOT as a regular character.

Ares_God_of_War

I think it would be cool if Andy takes a job thats like completely a 180 for what he was intended for. Also what did you think of what Henry was telling Allison at the end? Maybe something to do with the artifact
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

catwhowalksbyhimself

Sounds like

Spoiler
aliens

to me

QuoteI wish Carter's sister would leave

I can't argue with you there.  She contributes nothing at all to the show.  Andy as recurring would be fine too, but with two of the regular cast from the first half of the season gone now, I can't help but conclude that he is intended to join the main cast.

Ares_God_of_War

Spoiler
Yeah I am expecting Aliens but I dont think they will just be "random" aliens. Maybe they will be the creators of the artifact

marhawkman

Nah, I'm guessing another race that found a similar artifact and wants to study ours.

Ajax

Spoiler
I hope it isn't aliens or artifact related. Though I have my doubts it will be related to the artifact since the creator during last years comic-con said Season 2 was their way of closing the book on the artifact. Maybe it's Stark. He might not be dead, just disembodied like that guy from the first two episodes. They need to bring Stark back and save him from doing vodka commercials.

Ares_God_of_War

Spoiler
Stark was always my favorite next to Carter and Joe. I am not quite as fond of Zane. That would be an interesting theory

marhawkman

Really? The end of season 2 didn't feel like it was closing the book on the artifact. It felt more like an escalation.

GhostMachine

This is directed toward Ares:

Spoiler
I believe I read somewhere else that the actor who played Nathan Stark may be popping up on True Blood, so I doubt it is him. I do hope they bring him back eventually.....after Carter and Allison finally hook up!

The episode where they got rid of Nathan was disappointing; I was hoping they'd get rid of Fargo instead!

Ajax

Spoiler
You can't get rid of Fargo! He is the oil that keeps the machine going! The oil! Plus they need him to voice SARAH. :D

catwhowalksbyhimself

Wow!  What a great episode.  A lot of concepts are re-used a lot in sci fi, which isn't necessarily bad, but this episode was totally unexpected in a lot of ways, and actually introduced a concept in sci fi that I hadn't seen before, even though it makes a lot of sense in a weird way.

Spoiler
By which I mean organic computer viruses to go with the more common idea of the organic computer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Taggart is back!

I love that guy!

marhawkman

Hehe.... and then we have another case of a guy trying a "harmless" experiment and failing in a spectacular way.

cmdrkoenig67

I love the series,
Spoiler
but I've noticed almost every new episode this season involves a disaster that affects pretty much the entire town, when many of the first season episodes, the failed experiments affected just a few folks...I'm not sure I like this trend (I'm afraid they're beating this idea into the ground).

My favorite characters are Carter, Jo, Henry, Allison, Fargo and Zane....
Spoiler
I'm very, very fond of Zane...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Dana  :P

marhawkman

Yeah that one kinda annows me too.  How has the place held itself together?

GhostMachine

Season finale was....meh.

Jordan Hinson, who plays Zoe, is now on Kelsey Grammer's new show, Hank, unfortunately.

(Unfortunately, because Hank is awful)

Ajax

The actress who plays Tess is on Eastwick, but I suspect both shows will be canceled so I'm not particularly worried.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The show itself has been renewed, so Sheriff Carter will be back, regardless of who else may or may not be there.

BlueBard

For the non-regular viewing audience, what's the premise for the show?  This is the first I've ever heard of it.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Glitch Girl

Eureka is a small town almost entirely populated by genius-level scientists, many of whom work for Global Dynamics, the local major industry, and are usually working on things so advance they might be considered science fiction and are occasionally responsible for general weirdness when malfunctioning.  Sherriff Carter is a federal agent who ends up in the town by accident, ends up averting a major crisis (which killed of the acting sherriff), and ends up getting assigned there fulltime.

It's a fun little show - I thought this season was a little weak compared to past seasons, but still a fun watch.

Oh yeah, and as a side note, I hear Henry Rollins is supposed to guest sometime in the near future. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

marhawkman

YEah, Eureka is especially interesting if you are smart enough to sort out the technobabble from real world science. :)

Example: An episode(season 2, episode 9 "Sight Unseen") talks about how a cloaking technology makes things/people invisible using a substance called "Aluminium 27".  It's described as a rare radioactive isotope, but in real life it's the most common (and stable) isotope of Aluminum.

bredon7777

Quote from: Ajax on October 08, 2009, 03:58:56 AM
The actress who plays Tess is on Eastwick, but I suspect both shows will be canceled so I'm not particularly worried.

Hey! I like Eastwick, in a guilty pleasure sort of way...

Hank can be canceled right quick though, for all I care.
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

Ares_God_of_War

So far the episodes have been interesting this season. This new direction has definate possibilities.

Spoiler
I was hoping that they would bring Stark back and with a comercial they showed him. Now this makes me wonder about Kevin and that artifact from the first season and if Kim is alive and how that would play out with Henry and his new Wife.

GhostMachine

If they ever bring Nathan Stark back, I hope they make a joke about what the actor has been doing lately and he returns holding a bottle of vodka!

Ares_God_of_War

Spoiler
The comercial pretty much spoiled his return so in this timeline Nathan is still alive. Which will be kind of weird if they keep Grant chasing her as well as Carter.

"It has been revealed through a preview of season 4 at comi-con that Nathan will return to Eureka in season 4, if this is the original Nathan (the accident in season 3 could have sent him to the alternate timeline) or the one from the alternate timeline remains to be seen."

GhostMachine

By the way, if anyone hasn't watched Eureka before but was a fan of Battlestar Galactica, here's a reason you should check the show out: They added James Callis (Gaius Baltar) to the show this season.

Didn't care for the Warehouse 13 crossover. The Warehouse 13 episode was pretty good, but the Eureka one could have been better. I'm just glad it was only one character from each show appearing on the other and that the episodes were standalones.

As for Ares' spoiler:

Spoiler
If they bring Nathan back, I'd like to see it done as one of two ways: 1. In the altered timeline Nathan and Alison couldn't stand each other. And/or 2. Nathan is `their' Nathan but he's around for a few episodes before anyone (Nathan or the others) figures it out.

The ONLY reason I'd like to see the timeline fixed? Fargo being head of Global Dynamics.