someone make a wish this never happened

Started by deano_ue, August 07, 2010, 04:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deano_ue

Animation News Discussion Cartoon Community - toonzone news

QuoteNickelodeon has announced a live-action adaptation of The Fairly OddParents is in production, and is set to premiere on Nickelodeon in 2011. Titled A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner, the movie will feature Drake & Josh star Drake Bell as a grown-up Timmy Turner; Daniella Monet as Tootie; and Jason Alexander and Cheryl Hines as Cosmo and Wanda, Timmy's fairy godparents. The plot of the movie features a 23-year old Timmy still in fifth grade because a child will lose his fairy godparents as soon as he "grows up." Things are complicated by a grown-up Tootie returning to town as a gorgeous grown-up and by Hugh J. Magnate (Steven Weber) attempting to capture Cosmo and Wanda for his own nefarious purposes.

[/QUOTE]

Spoiler

:huh:

murs47

docdelorean88

"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

UnkoMan

Well... if it is being written by the writers who did the cartoon this could actually be totally hilarious.

If producers or studios or basically anybody else gets their hands on it... probably awful.

JeyNyce

I might watch it, but some things should stay animated.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Previsionary

the irony here is that Drake is known for appearing in bad movies, while his ex-costar is known for appearing in good to great movies. You'd expect the roles to be reversed. Other than that... I've no words for this idea. None.
Disappear when you least expe--

docdelorean88

I have wanted them to do this for SOOOOOO LOOOOONG! I hated the premis until i saw that its being made by the people who normally write the show, so i will gladly watch it.

Reepicheep

Tomato

I don't... But... what?

*mind shatters*

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

docdelorean88

That'd be pretty cool! I did read somewhere however, that cosmo and wanda are animated for the entire movie except for  two scenes. That i am kind of confused about...why make it live action if half of your cast is going to be animated? Ah, well. Still excited!

BWPS

Ok, as goofy as it looks I'm watching this for the cast. Drake Bell was hilarious on Drake and Josh (and on an episode of Seinfeld). Jason Alexander of course was the funniest character of all time. And Cheryl Hines was great on Curb your Enthusiasm.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.