Iron Man II

Started by The Hitman, June 10, 2009, 07:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: BWPS on July 18, 2009, 12:03:35 AM
Quote from: BentonGrey on July 17, 2009, 07:17:56 PM
Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on July 17, 2009, 06:55:07 PM
Quote from: BentonGrey on July 16, 2009, 07:03:28 PM
Awesome!  She looks like a great Black Widow!

Holy cow, did Benton just approve of a film adaptation of a comic character.  

Run!! It's a sign of the apocalypse.  :P

Silly Hammick.  I love lots of film adaptations of comic characters. :P
Yeah but I think he meant live action films.
I kid!

Yeah I meant live action. 

And maybe it just seems like you do kinda rant a lot about the films before they come out that it seems shocking to see/hear/read you give a compliment.

BentonGrey

Perhaps your expectations are coloring your perceptions Hammick.  I would describe my point of view about most comic movies for the last couple years as cautiously optimistic, but I considered that, perhaps, I've been more negative than I realized.  So, I went back and looked at my comments on the comic book movie threads for the last bit, and I don't really think your perception is accurate.  I'm always part of the discussion, but I think that I've gotten much more hopeful since they started putting out good comic book movies!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

murs47

Oh Benton, you're off the hook sometimes.

Previsionary

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 19, 2009, 04:45:30 AM
Perhaps your expectations are coloring your perceptions Hammick.  I would describe my point of view about most comic movies for the last couple years as cautiously optimistic, but I considered that, perhaps, I've been more negative than I realized.  So, I went back and looked at my comments on the comic book movie threads for the last bit, and I don't really think your perception is accurate.  I'm always part of the discussion, but I think that I've gotten much more hopeful since they started putting out good comic book movies!

Benton, Benton, Benton...

I think you're unaware of how you sometimes come off. Your posts do tend to be more in the negative perception more so than the positive (especially lately in regards to certain comics, movies, and tv shows/toons), so most tend to see you as Mr. Negative (not the spidey villain) when it comes to certain things. Also, be aware that negativity is much easier to remember than positivity especially when it piles up over several threads. Your positive and negative posts don't balance so it's not unlikely that everyone expects you to hate anything modern or from a movie. :P
Disappear when you least expe--

deano_ue

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on July 18, 2009, 03:57:57 AM

*throws Daredevil, Elektra, Punisher: War Zone, and Catwoman at him, just to watch him twitch*

:twisted:

daredevil directors cut is superb, and i will admit i enjoyed warzone, went and seen it with a bunch of mates and just had a blast at the stupidity of it

BWPS

Quote from: Previsionary on July 19, 2009, 10:14:37 AM
Quote from: BentonGrey on July 19, 2009, 04:45:30 AM

I think you're unaware of how you sometimes come off. Your posts do tend to be more in the negative perception more so than the positive (especially lately in regards to certain comics, movies, and tv shows/toons), so most tend to see you as Mr. Negative (not the spidey villain) when it comes to certain things. Also, be aware that negativity is much easier to remember than positivity especially when it piles up over several threads. Your positive and negative posts don't balance so it's not unlikely that everyone expects you to hate anything modern or from a movie. :P

I for one find this ridiculously charming.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

marhawkman

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on July 19, 2009, 01:35:10 PM
Quote from: Panther_Gunn on July 18, 2009, 03:57:57 AM*throws Daredevil, Elektra, Punisher: War Zone, and Catwoman at him, just to watch him twitch*

:twisted:
daredevil directors cut is superb, and i will admit i enjoyed warzone, went and seen it with a bunch of mates and just had a blast at the stupidity of it
I also liked them. They were good at depicting the characters. The only "failure" was not being flashy enough.

Tomato

Mk, Benton... you can say "I'm not negative" all you want... but you kinda are. And to be fair, I think you fall into the same realm I do (I don't post if something is ZOMG AWESOME, especially if others say it more eloquently, but if I have a criticism or an argument I post it) but there are times... The Transformers thread (where you argued continuously despite not seeing the movie, and not intending to see it.) Dark Knight (where every post by you made on the first page of the discussion topic was griping on Ledger) Anything on TNBA (Low point of Bruce Timm's Career? Of Batman toons? Pfft. I'll take another 5 seasons of TNBA over The Batman, and I enjoyed The Batman.) and dozens of other issues and thread I could point to where even I have to go "that's taking stuff a bit too far"

Are you some evil guy out to bash all comics/movies ever? Hardly. You're a cool guy, and despite our ragging I don't think any of us would desire to have you no longer amongst us. But you DO come off as negative quite a bit more then you do positive, on certain weeks and certain topics more then others.

Previsionary

And back to Ironman... it seems Paul Cornell will be writing a Black Widow book as a tie in into this movie. Well, I suppose it just refines her history more while actually giving her something to do as a lead (as she's been a supporting character for years now). If you're interested, check the link
Disappear when you least expe--

thalaw2

I'm hoping that Scar Jo's performance is better than what she looks like in the promotional photos.  I really want to how War Machine is gonna look.
革命不会被电视转播

BlueBard

Quote from: thalaw2 on July 20, 2009, 06:41:03 AM
I'm hoping that Scar Jo's performance is better than what she looks like in the promotional photos.  I really want to how War Machine is gonna look.

Do we know for sure that War Machine is in for IM2?
STO/CO: @bluegeek

marhawkman

The Warmachine armor was briefly shown in the first one as well as it's pilot being shown regularly.

BentonGrey

My last post about the perception of me as overly negative about movies, spoilered to keep from hogging this thread:

Spoiler
Quote from: Previsionary on July 19, 2009, 10:14:37 AM

Well Prev., despite the fact that you're wrong, I think you inadvertently made a good point. ;)  People tend to notice and remember negative posts, usually as part of a debate, much more than positive ones.  My positive and negative posts actually DO balance.  As I said, I went back and read over my posts from the last month or so, and I actually had ten positive, ten negative, and four neutral posts in the movie thread.  Yes...I counted.  You people made me paranoid.  However, as 'Mato pointed out, the vast majority of the negative posts were in two threads, Transformers (where I was, after the first two posts, talking about cultural trends rather than the movie itself) and the Batman:TAS DVD thread.  So, that means that my negativity was concentrated on those two subjects, while my posts about Iron Man II, the Thor movie, the Green Lantern movie, the GL animated movie, and others have been overwhelmingly positive.  I'll admit that this balance is a relatively new thing, but the better quality of superhero movies in the last few years have actually made me a lot more enthusiastic and hopeful when it comes to new projects.  Here's hoping that the new crop continue the trend!

I wonder if we'll actually see War Machine in this movie?  I can certainly see room for him to show up, but I rather hope they focus on Tony as much as possible.  The first movie really made me love Tony Stark as a character, as well as Iron Man as a hero.  I bet Black Widow is going to be a rival love interest for Tony, playing off Pepper Potts.  
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

catwhowalksbyhimself

The original plan, when they hired Terrence Howard, the plan was for him to be War Machine in the other movie.  Sure enough, there's a video of an interview in which Downey mentioning that Rhodes will also be War Machine.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

marhawkman

cool! he looks like a great choice to be warmachine.

thalaw2

A google search shows promo photos of War Machine and, my boy (figuratively not literally), Don Cheadle doing the honors.  

Spoiler
I read on Wikipedia that Stan Lee will play the part of Larry King!?!?!?!  Isn't Stan a few hairs older than Larry?  Anyway, its sound like a complete bit of awesomenes.
革命不会被电视转播

marhawkman

Older yeah, but with the right makeup they'd look similar.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Nice try, but youtube's already removed the video.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Midnite

Final design for Whiplash costume?
:spoiler:

Spoiler

JeyNyce

I like that design.  Way better than the one in the comics.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

BentonGrey

Yeah, that's a pretty awesome design, and it still manages to keep elements from the comic one while improving it greatly.
God Bless

marhawkman

Glitch Girl

I'm shocked they included the green ponytail and made it look not-lame. Nice touch.

BTW: Shouldn't it be "Backlash" not "Whiplash" or am I getting my "-lashes" mixed up?
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

JeyNyce

It should be Blacklash.  Now I'm thinking, is there a whiplash in the Marvel Universe?

detourne_me

I believe he was originally called whiplash, but became blacklash after.

thalaw2

革命不会被电视转播

JeyNyce

GogglesPizanno

I am now officially giddy.... Screw Avatar, I'm excited for this.