News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Iron Man II

Started by The Hitman, June 10, 2009, 07:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gremlin

Quote from: marhawkman on May 11, 2010, 04:44:29 PM
it's an inevitable byproduct of living in a technocracy, either you can use the tech or you have to beg those who can to assist you. :p

Or you can just ignore it and become a reality deviant, but that can get you killed.

marhawkman

Or just homeless. :p

BlueBard

Finally saw this!

It might not have been as awesome as the original, but it was thoroughly entertaining for me!

Both thumbs up!  :thumbup:
STO/CO: @bluegeek

BlueBard

Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on May 13, 2010, 05:53:10 AM
Spoiler
Whiplash activated self destruct devices in his drones and his suit. Unless he can get out of that thing faster than Ironman and Warmachine can fly away I am pretty sure he is dead.

Slight correction...

Spoiler
It does not preclude another Whiplash... it just means Ivan Vanko (Mickey Roarke) will not be back.  At least some of the Iron Man tech is out there, and also Ivan could have easily transmitted it to other parties as a way of getting back at Tony Stark.

BlueBard

Quote from: TheMarvell on May 13, 2010, 07:04:36 PM
Spoiler
Whiplash activated self destruct devices in his drones and his suit. Unless he can get out of that thing faster than Ironman and Warmachine can fly away I am pretty sure he is dead.

Spoiler
That's right. I forgot about his suit self-destructing.

I didn't exactly care for the Thor teaser. Nothing against the character, but he's a very niche character, imo, and not a lot of people outside the comic book crowd knows who he is. A lot of people at the theater, including my gf, thought the teaser was stupid. "a hammer? What's that got to do with Iron Man?" And in a way, I kind of agree. At least in Iron Man 1's teaser, you have a character talking to Tony Stark. In this one, it was pretty much just an ad for the next Marvel movie.

I'm glad they threw it in at the end of the credits though, and not just tacked on randomly like they did in The Incredible Hulk. I'm looking forward to the Thor movie, but the teaser should have been slanted more towards Iron Man 3...unless Thor appears in that movie, which I hope he doesn't.

Actually, the teaser was as much slanted toward S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Avenger Initiative as a certain upcoming movie if you think about it, and totally in line with the other teasers we've seen.  They aren't about the next Iron Man movie, they're about the Avengers.

During the main part of the film, the SHIELD agent (Coulson) is reassigned from babysitting Tony and sent to New Mexico on a secret mission.

Then, in the teaser, we see the reason why.

CarpeGuitarrem

Quote from: BlueBard on May 21, 2010, 05:39:19 PM
Quote from: TheMarvell on May 13, 2010, 07:04:36 PM
Spoiler

Spoiler
That's right. I forgot about his suit self-destructing.

I didn't exactly care for the Thor teaser. Nothing against the character, but he's a very niche character, imo, and not a lot of people outside the comic book crowd knows who he is. A lot of people at the theater, including my gf, thought the teaser was stupid. "a hammer? What's that got to do with Iron Man?" And in a way, I kind of agree. At least in Iron Man 1's teaser, you have a character talking to Tony Stark. In this one, it was pretty much just an ad for the next Marvel movie.

I'm glad they threw it in at the end of the credits though, and not just tacked on randomly like they did in The Incredible Hulk. I'm looking forward to the Thor movie, but the teaser should have been slanted more towards Iron Man 3...unless Thor appears in that movie, which I hope he doesn't.

Actually, the teaser was as much slanted toward S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Avenger Initiative as a certain upcoming movie if you think about it, and totally in line with the other teasers we've seen.  They aren't about the next Iron Man movie, they're about the Avengers.

During the main part of the film, the SHIELD agent (Coulson) is reassigned from babysitting Tony and sent to New Mexico on a secret mission.

Then, in the teaser, we see the reason why.
Not only that...
Spoiler
As far as the Avengers go, we've seen Cap cameos, we've seen Hulk, we've seen Iron Man, we've seen Black Widow, we've seen Nick Fury...no trace of Thor, though. He was due to be tied in sooner or later, so that it wasn't just like "Who's that??"

crimsonquill

Quote from: CarpeGuitarrem on May 21, 2010, 09:21:32 PM
Spoiler
As far as the Avengers go, we've seen Cap cameos, we've seen Hulk, we've seen Iron Man, we've seen Black Widow, we've seen Nick Fury...no trace of Thor, though. He was due to be tied in sooner or later, so that it wasn't just like "Who's that??"

Actually, yes you did see him...

Spoiler
Thor actually did make an appearance in the movie during the jail scene when you see Tony Stark walking down the hallway towards Whiplash's holding cell. If you watch the pan across the cell doors it pauses just for a second and you see a rough looking long haired bearded man wearing a torn open shirt being photographed for mug shots. That is Thor in his non-powered human form just after he was taken in by police by appearing in a park somewhere claiming to be the Son Of Odin and lost his hammer. It's rumored that his scene was either cut or removed from the script and settled to just for a easter egg appearance instead and let the credit teaser reveal who it was.

"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

CarpeGuitarrem

Quote from: crimsonquill on May 21, 2010, 10:19:26 PM
Quote from: CarpeGuitarrem on May 21, 2010, 09:21:32 PM
Spoiler

Actually, yes you did see him...

Spoiler
Thor actually did make an appearance in the movie during the jail scene when you see Tony Stark walking down the hallway towards Whiplash's holding cell. If you watch the pan across the cell doors it pauses just for a second and you see a rough looking long haired bearded man wearing a torn open shirt being photographed for mug shots. That is Thor in his non-powered human form just after he was taken in by police by appearing in a park somewhere claiming to be the Son Of Odin and lost his hammer. It's rumored that his scene was either cut or removed from the script and settled to just for a easter egg appearance instead and let the credit teaser reveal who it was.

WHOA.

TheMarvell

Spoiler
I understand a lot of this is for fans, but I can only imagine the utter confusion for those who have no idea who Thor is and sat through all the credits for that scene. In the first movie, Nick Fury is introduced and wants to talk to Iron Man about the Avengers. It's a setup scene for the Avengers film, but it also directly involves Iron Man since he's in the Avengers. But the Thor's Hammer scene just seems out of place in an Iron Man film. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to have these little easter egg scenes to relate to the character and not another movie.

BWPS

Everyone who goes to see Iron Man 2 or actually stays in a theater after credits either is a nerd or is with a nerd friend. We're the only people who actually do that. And we're always available to give any superhero related information that anyone nearby requires (and then some). That's part of what made this movie so great is it's the first time we get any kind of cross-overs in movies, many people know about the Avengers, everyone who doesn't will want to based on how awesome Iron Man 2 is.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

pr1983

i audibly gasped when i saw the post credits reveal.

had i been capable of it, i might have squeed.

loved the movie in general, though; very happy with it.

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: TheMarvell on May 22, 2010, 05:51:56 PM
Spoiler
I understand a lot of this is for fans, but I can only imagine the utter confusion for those who have no idea who Thor is and sat through all the credits for that scene. In the first movie, Nick Fury is introduced and wants to talk to Iron Man about the Avengers. It's a setup scene for the Avengers film, but it also directly involves Iron Man since he's in the Avengers. But the Thor's Hammer scene just seems out of place in an Iron Man film. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to have these little easter egg scenes to relate to the character and not another movie.

actually, the bit at the end would make sense coupled with

Spoiler
the scene at the jail which was mentioned.  crazy guy in the jail cell talking about his hammer and him being the son of Odin. then the egg at the end that he might not have been crazy