News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

my brute

Started by bearded, April 27, 2009, 06:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gremlin

The games they're affiliated with are also mighty addicting. Damn these limits on how much you can play! Damn them to heck!

http://www.naturalchemist.com/?ref=Gremlin111

bearded

Quote from: Gremlin on April 30, 2009, 08:09:00 AM
The games they're affiliated with are also mighty addicting. Damn these limits on how much you can play! Damn them to heck!

i know what you mean.  i've considered recreating this so i can play it more.  game maker would work:
http://www.yoyogames.com/make
superhero version of course, with capes and masks.  teams and badguys.
what level is everyone?  i've made level 4, and i have 4 pupils.

Xenolith

How do you get into the trournaments?  It always reads "closed" when I visit.

Gremlin

Quote from: bearded on April 30, 2009, 10:43:29 AM
Quote from: Gremlin on April 30, 2009, 08:09:00 AM

i know what you mean.  i've considered recreating this so i can play it more.  game maker would work:
http://www.yoyogames.com/make
superhero version of course, with capes and masks.  teams and badguys.
what level is everyone?  i've made level 4, and i have 4 pupils.

Level 4, 6 pupils.

Xenolith: you have to get into them at as close to midnight as you can, when they open up. I think. I was enrolled in today's because I've been up writing a midterm paper.

Xenolith

Oh.  Gotcha.  Thanks.

Glitch Girl

Quote from: Xenolith on April 30, 2009, 12:38:51 PM
How do you get into the trournaments?  It always reads "closed" when I visit.
[sigh] I kinda figured out that signup is way after I go to bed.  The game's out of France so that may explain the odd time.  May stay up late some night and try to sign on, but not during a work night.

As for me, Level 5, 9 pupils.  

EDIT: Oooo.. a post about what all those abilities and things do
http://www.mybrutecentral.com/showthread.php?t=28
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

tommyboy

Uncle Yuan

Man, where'd you get all the pupils?  Last check, I had two . . .
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

catwhowalksbyhimself

I had one, although I'm hoping my Facebook link gets me more.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Gremlin

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on May 01, 2009, 04:53:40 AM
I had one, although I'm hoping my Facebook link gets me more.

I got five or six of mine that way. Haha.

Glitch Girl

Added it to my .sig on another forum and got a bunch that way.  (Up to 15 now, those artzone.com people must be a violent lot ;) )
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Reepicheep

I beat Gremlin in two hits.

And then I hit him again!  :D

Bearded: Any chance you could do a list of the brute's names and corresponding avatar? Just saves having to go through post to figure out who I haven't already smited.

AfghanAnt

http://afghanant.mybrute.com

I'm level 2 with 6th Sense which is as worthless as it sounds.  <_<

lgmss

Here's my Brute,

http://lgmss.mybrute.com

He sucks just to let you know, so feel free to battle him  :thumbup:
"Zack: You never know when a mod mob gorilla will strike you down. You could be minding your business gliding in midair down the boulevard when suddenly a huge and very fresh purple hand will wrap around your most personal of areas."

Glitch Girl

Okay, has anyone besides me fought a frickin BEAR yet?

Ouchies.

Of course, now I want one.
-Glitch Girl

Alaric

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 05, 2009, 01:19:06 PM

Ouchies.

Just today, for the first time.

I have horrible luck at this game. My main Brute has two not-so-great weapons and a very minor ability, that occasionally improves his survivability slightly. I have another Brute who has a club, one of the most potent weapons in the game, but refuses to use it, almost always fighting bare handed. When he does pull it out, it's at the end of the fight, when it's too late, or else he drops it immediately after pulling it out. Once, he pulled it out, hit his opponent once, than just stood there and let his opponent beat him up for the rest of the fight. And yet, I'm still having fun...
Fear the "A"!!!

Reepicheep

One does like to gloat.

I repeat: The flail is win.

Xenolith

I have two brutes, one for each of my cats.  Fat Daffy has bad luck and cruddy weapons.  Super Mimi has a whip and very high speed.  If she pulls that out she rarely loses.  One of my "throwaway guys" had the hammer which was more potent than the club, I thought.  I'll have to check the wiki to see if that's true or not.

Marmeille

Went on a rampage the last 2 days :P

I defeated Lugaruclone, RTTingle, JeyNyce, Glitch-Girl and Uncle Yuan. I was not able to beat The Vowel though but I tried him on before I got my first weapon... a fan hehe, pretty cool looking weapon and it kinda work like the knife for what I can tell.

My brute is slowy starting to be good, the first few levels were brutal I only had extra-thick skin and a net (which is totally awesome if you face a brute with a pet btw), then I got feline agility (yay!) and at lvl 4 armour, that's pretty much when I started to be able to win fights hehe and now that I have a weapon it's getting more fun watching my fights.

Marmeille is the wisest cat ever, EVER!!!
Cool Cape is sometimes made of oatmeal (freaking unstable molecules).
[IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/marma_pix/CivilWarMarm.gif[/img]

Xenolith

I logged on a 7:30 AM CST and got both my cats, erm, my cat's brutes into a tournament.  I hope they pick up some experience.

JeyNyce

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 05, 2009, 01:19:06 PM

Ouchies.

Fought the bear and had my butt handed to me.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

JeyNyce

Just played this morning and some guy just threw a bomb at me......how rude!
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

tommyboy

My biggest complaint would be that your brute gets no XP if challenged, or in the tournament (unless I'm missing something).
I'll often see a half dozen people have challenged my brute but get nothing for it.
It seems the quickest way to progress is to get lots of pupils, as each time one levels up you get a point.
I also noticed if you challenge a brute of a lower level, a win only gets you 1 point, not 2. Makes me wonder if you get more for challenging and winning against a higher level brute.

My favourite "power" so far? Weapon stealing.
Best weapon seen? The hammer. 70+ points of damage. Ouchie.
And yes, having a bear would be teh kewlar. My dog is OK, but a bear would be even yet still more betterer.

Alaric

Quote from: tommyboy on May 06, 2009, 02:10:36 PMMakes me wonder if you get more for challenging and winning against a higher level brute.

I've done it. Only got the usual 2 points.
Fear the "A"!!!

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: tommyboy on May 06, 2009, 02:10:36 PM
My biggest complaint would be that your brute gets no XP if challenged, or in the tournament (unless I'm missing something).
I'll often see a half dozen people have challenged my brute but get nothing for it.

I believe it has do do with how many fights you have left.  If you are out of fights, others can challenge you, but you get no XP.  If you still have fights, I think you do.  Not certain though, but I'm pretty sure I've gotten XP from others fighting me.

daerdevil

Wow that Lightning bolt perk is nice.  I sometimes get 3 hits in each time I attack.  Just FYI, the Tournament for May 8th is open.

GhostMachine

I have a brute, named Blackraven 71 (I use the screen name Blackraven71 at the TAPS 18+ board, but I found out about the game somewhere else).

I don't like the fact that the game is too uneven. I've got 3 weapons, but most of the time my brute starts out using the worst one, and I only have one skill; the one that looks like a colored version of Johnny Cage's shadow attacks from the Mortal Kombat games. But I've lost fights I should have won easily because the opponent started with a pet; I even fought another lvl 1 with a pet, but I didn't gain a skill until lvl 3.

The game would be MUCH better if you got to pick which weapon your brute selects to use.

Glitch Girl

It is very random, and while a little control would be nice, I'm betting it would require a system control rewrite of epic proportions.  Maybe someday.

Starting to encounter the weird weapons.  I have fought brutes who have: 
-broken tennis racket
-computer keyboard
-leek (or something in the onion family)
-small pink chick (though he never used it on me)
-Glitch Girl

lgmss

Lol I just got a new power that turns pets against their owners, worked very well when I fought a guy with a bear.
"Zack: You never know when a mod mob gorilla will strike you down. You could be minding your business gliding in midair down the boulevard when suddenly a huge and very fresh purple hand will wrap around your most personal of areas."

Uncle Yuan

Starting with level 5, UY starting winning most fights.  He has few weapons but good general stats (esp speed), great HP.  Just pinged Level 6 and picked up flail!!  Only good for a whack or two, but at 40+ HP a whack, it doesn't take many.  He also has the shield and the staff - both great defensive pieces.  When he has both out he almost never gets hit!