News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klauser

AfghanAnt

Wow! You are really cranking these out. I am really enjoying seeing these a lot. I can't wait to get them.

Tomato

Just needs hair now. Debating on whether to keep the spitcurl, thoughts?

Tomato

Cyber Burn

The CSA is one of my favorite groups, I'm loving this 'Mato. Ultraman looks as good as the other two.

UnkoMan

Golly, look at you go...
I know he's not in the preview pic, but I wonder if you've stumbled on an Aquaman you like? And, if so, will you be skinning him?

PS: Did you add extra little bits where the cape attaches to Ultraman?

Tomato

I have a rough idea of which designs I like for the moment, but as I said there, nothing's final until the current LC batch is done, which may not be for a few months yet. That, and I figure there's enough existing CSA to keep me busy for a bit... analogues of Kyle, John and Wally, not to mention J'edd J'arkus (how in hell I'll even be skoping that is a mystery) and some of the other existing JL counterparts, and that's IF I don't get bored with it before then.

Not saying it won't happen, because it very well might, but it's way too early for me to feel comfortable speculating. The sad truth is, much of my recent free time is more or less the result of me losing my current job(being discharged, but still technically AD for a bit longer), so... yeah, gonna be be busy job hunting in a few weeks. Fuuuuuuun.

Edit: Forgot to mention... I didn't add anything to the cape, the mesh is Ren's Ultraman mesh

Podmark

Wow, great seeing so many skins from you Tomato. Ultraman looks perfect.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Based around Afghan Ant's Wonderful Wonder Woman skope.

Cyber Burn

I like the purple highlights that you worked into her, nice touch.

Tomato

... Well, I thought I'd posted this hours ago, but I didn't actually double check the thread until I was waiting to go out with some friends... and between the several hour gap and a few beers, I don't even remember what I was gonna say about the facework. Something about how in this case I thought the face on the figure was a bit generic so I tried to go closer to Quitely's work but since I typically hate everything connected to said artist it's admittedly a halfhearted effort. That style is more AA's field than mine. Something like that *shrug*

Helix

Tomato,

Once again you have created a magnificent skin! I can't wait 'til you let us play with them.

Please understand that I mean no disrespect at all when I say that the presence of a highlight on the bottom edges of her breasts doesn't look right and the lighting on the top of her breasts needs to be more graduated. I feel truly awkward offering up any criticism at all to someone at your skill level, but I hope you can appreciate my critique. If not, I will gladly shut up. It's a freaking beautiful skin, man!

Tomato

Not at all. The simple fact is, the base skin I'm using for Superwoman is intended for my own TM meshes, which is mapped a bit different around the chest area than Gren's. It's causing some pieces to be out of place.

I will mention though, those aren't highlights on the bottom of the breasts... they're positioned a bit too high, but that's actually supposed to be a highlight at the bottom edge of the rib cage, about where the diaphragm is. Compare it to Ultraman's shading below the pectoral muscles.

Tomato

AfghanAnt

naitvalis

AAAAAmazing!!! please tell me you made a version for  :ff: of that Superwoman when you release them.
Otherwise i have the telephone number of the Pizza-man, he always need fresh tomatos...this is not a  threat just a fact  :rolleyes:.
(i don't ask for the others because i think the meshs you used are already all compatible).

Tomato

Both Superwoman and Power Ring were made from pre-existing skopes that were FFv3R exclusive before I got a hold of them, so the modifications I've made since have had to be ffv3r exclusive as well.

Still, I wouldn't call your pizza man just yet... >D

Amazo Version 2.2

cant believe i missed all of these. seriuosly sweet stuffage.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Helix

Yup. Sho 'nuff. That is indeed the ribcage. Sorry, I apparently need to have my visual acuity checked.

Tomato

Aaaaaand DONE! Just in time too... I may not be any proper state to make skins after tomorrow. It might be a day or so before I even start skinning Power Ring, as I'm likely to be overwhelmed by the EPIC AMMOUNTS OF AWESOME on television to do much of anything tomorrow.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Tomato on March 09, 2012, 11:22:52 PM

Aaaaaand DONE! Just in time too... I may not be any proper state to make skins after tomorrow. It might be a day or so before I even start skinning Power Ring, as I'm likely to be overwhelmed by the EPIC AMMOUNTS OF AWESOME on television to do much of anything tomorrow.

I didn't know that I was going to be on TV tomorrow... :P

Superwoman looks fantastic, can't wait to see Power Ring.

laughing paradox

Tomato

went ahead and started work before tomorrow hits.

Cyber Burn

Nice start 'Mato, which mesh did you decide to use as a base for your skope?

Tomato

the main mesh is Male_Basic_TM, but it's a Hodge-podge of pieces from the original Renegade Power Ring, Revenant/Casanova's Hal Jordan Rebirth skope, and my base mesh.

Edit: I'm going to take pity on poor naitvalis (who no longer has a pizza man  :cool: ) and add that both Superwoman and Power Ring have been subjected to some powerful Tomato magic, and are now  :ff: compatible. You're welcome.

naitvalis

gooood neeeeeews!!!! thank you Tomato!!!  :thumbup:
see? you are good vegetable after all!!

Podmark

These are flat out awesome Tomato! It's great to see you skinning so much.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Sioux City Dynamo

Great job Tomato! I really like your take on the CSA.
Io

UnfluffyBunny

awesome work, the erm... chest fix to superwoman works well, was coming across kinda 2D before, once you finish up power ring you should do a composite to show em all off together, would be cool to see an echo of them against your figures too