News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

Ummm...so where are these being hosted? I checked NPI, but they aren't there.

Tomato

Maybe I wasn't clear enough... I'm not hosting any more files on NPI because I'm planning on moving to another site sometime in the (hopefully) near future. But since I know this is something a lot of you were clamoring for, I've uploaded the CSA pack to a file sharing site (mediafire) and posted the link on my tumblr page. Just click on the image.

Tomato

Just in case you all thought I was done.

Tomato

You know how you have some days where you're really trying to get stuff done and don't seem to manage anything, and on other days you can somehow squeeze in getting fingerprinted, mowing the lawn, getting a brand new DCUO toon to level 7, assemble a good chunk of a bookcase/display shelf, distract a two year old for 30 minutes so mother can get chores done, and do one full skin and a huge chunk of another? I had the latter today.

In progress shot Power Ring number... 4? I dunno, I'm just gonna go by the main universe numbers (Alan->Hal->Guy->John->Kyle) just to keep my brain from exploding.

Now, the wristbands aren't even close to done yet, but even now you'll probably notice they're silver, not green (which is the more common colorization). Truthfully, I suspect the one reference I have for them being that color is just an error, but I decided to go by it anyway to help separate Power Ring IV from John's JLU design.

Amazo Version 2.2

man tomato, your just killing these skins. thanks for the relase too. i look forward to seeing your new site.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

martialstorm

Great to see you're doing more CSA Tomto, love the Johnny Quick and Power Rings.

murs47

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Tomato

Sorry this took so long to finish, been busy lately. Hopefully I'll be able to finish PR5 at a quicker overall pace, but... I doubt it. Even so, enjoy this one for now!

Previsionary

Disappear when you least expe--

Tomato

Is there actually a canon Power Ring 1? I'd rather focus on the Anti-Earth members that have actually shown up (Power Ring 5, Alexander Luthor, even some of the designs from Crisis on Two Earths... nothing from Countdown though. Eff that nonsense.).

Now that isn't to say I won't skin characters outside what's "canon"... chances are really good at this point that if the design that wins the Anti-Aquaman contest isn't already skinned (or, if the creator is OK with it, maybe I'll skin it anyway. who knows.) I'll be doing it myself. Likewise, if there's a character you have a design or something for, I'll consider it... CONSIDER it mind you. Don't get pouty if I just don't like the character, the design, or your stupid face. I'm a jerk like that sometimes.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Tomato on March 31, 2012, 11:00:56 PM
Is there actually a canon Power Ring 1? I'd rather focus on the Anti-Earth members that have actually shown up (Power Ring 5, Alexander Luthor, even some of the designs from Crisis on Two Earths... nothing from Countdown though. Eff that nonsense.).

Now that isn't to say I won't skin characters outside what's "canon"... chances are really good at this point that if the design that wins the Anti-Aquaman contest isn't already skinned (or, if the creator is OK with it, maybe I'll skin it anyway. who knows.) I'll be doing it myself. Likewise, if there's a character you have a design or something for, I'll consider it... CONSIDER it mind you. Don't get pouty if I just don't like the character, the design, or your stupid face. I'm a jerk like that sometimes.

That's why I include wiremaps with my stuff, I'd rather see other's skins on my skopes.  :thumbup:

As for a "canon" PR1, I've never seen one, but since you're doing the rest, I figured I'd ask.

Tomato

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 31, 2012, 11:18:12 PM
As for a "canon" PR1, I've never seen one, but since you're doing the rest, I figured I'd ask.

*cough*Guy Gardner*cough*

Tomato

Wasn't happy with Ren's mesh piece for the mask, so I made my own.

Skins are all placeholders. Just finishing up the skope.

Tomato

It occurred to me as I was editing the first post that this single skin thread is almost 3 years old. Gah that seems like forever ago.

Anyway, progress on the "Raymond King" Power Ring

Oddly, I put an awful lot of work into that face despite the fact that I knew full well the mask was going to cover 90% of it anyway. weird.

Tomato

More progress. work on it more later.

Edit: Just gonna edit this post rather than make another. First, another quick Raymond update before bed (finished the seams and added the glow)

Hopefully I'll have him done within the next few days. Once that happens, I'll be releasing a three pack with the "Legacy" Crime Syndicate. Meanwhile, here's a quick preview of what's to come:

Podmark

Still looking great Tomato. Very inspiring, gotta get back to skinning myself.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Amazo Version 2.2

dude, you're quick! i can't wait for the next release.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

The CSA can never get enough love in my book, so I'm glad to see you giving them sooo much.  :thumbup:

Tomato

So, a few things of news from me on this (good and bad depending on your perspective)

So, I've finally gotten back to work one the "Raymond King" Power Ring (I expect he'll be done within the next few days), and once it's done I'll be releasing a "CSA: Legacy" 3-pack with both "Modern" Power Rings and the second version of Johnny Quick. I did have another CSA 3-pack in the works as well (which I'll describe in more detail in a minute) but unfortunately I'm going to be putting that one on hold temporarily... There's something FF-related in the works right now that takes precedence, and I don't know how long it's going to take me to finish it on top of, y'know, actually having a job again.

However, since I'm not really free to talk about that project yet, I figured I could at least explain the next CSA pack for you. As someone (I believe it was AA, but my internet is being goofy and I can't check just now) pointed out, I originally chose not to skin the Pre-Crisis designs for Ultraman, Superwoman, and Owlman. To be quite frank, those designs are particularly goofy even among the original CSA, and they're not nearly as iconic as the modern costumes.

However, I've given it a fair bit of thought, and after CB brought up the possibility of skinning the first version of Power Ring (Anti-Alan Scott for those who don't know who we're referring to) it occurred to me... yeah, those costumes may be a bit too corny for an Anti-Earth 1 version of the Crime Syndicate, they WOULD work for an Anti-Earth 2 Crime Legion (Counterparts to the JSA).

Cyber Burn

Very interested to see what this new project is.

Also, I look forward to seeing your designs for an Anti-Earth 2 Crime Legion.

Taking pleasure in knowing that I got into "Mato's head  :D

Tomato

Aaaand... Done. Should have the Legacy pack up sometime tomorrow.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 17, 2012, 11:02:25 PM
Very interested to see what this new project is.

Don't set your sights too high here... it's not like a mod or anything. It's just a couple of random skins, but I need to bring my "A" game to destroy that little... *cough* I mean, to put out the best quality skins for the project. Yeah.

Also, I look forward to seeing your designs for an Anti-Earth 2 Crime Legion.

I wouldn't call them designs per se... they're all taken from the original Pre-Crisis Syndicate, I'm just aging the characters a bit to give them a more Earth 2 type of feel (Ultraman's got E2 Superman's stockier build and graying hair, Superwoman will look more like the E2 WW as we saw in Infinite Crisis, etc.)

Taking pleasure in knowing that I got into "Mato's head  :D

*shrug* I was kind of looking for a way to do them anyway. Besides, believe it or not I DO pay attention to what people say... I may choose to ignore it, but I DO pay attention.

Tomato

So, for those foolishly foolish fools who have foolishly not followed my tumblr account and thus foolishly missed the update, Crime Syndicate: Legacy is now up for Download. Enjoy!

... Yeah, I've been playing waaaay too much Phoenix Wright lately.

Amazo Version 2.2

i know i read something somehwere about this, but i dont remember where. one of your powerring skopes has a black box around it in charactertool2, does it need to be skoped off before it goes in game? sorry, i havent had a chance to open everything in game yet to see if it shows there.