News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Looks great. The face seems very realistic, is it based on someone?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Pod... are you serious? How could you not... I don't... UGH!

*takes a step back, takes a deep breath, mentally recites brony creed*

Cyclops, like ALL of my movie X-men redesigns, is intended to depict the actor (or one of the actors) who portrayed him in the X-men films. In this case, the actor depicted is James Marsden, who played Cyclops in all of the original 3 movies.

Podmark

Maybe it's been too long since I last saw the movies, don't really recognize him.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Helix

Tomato - that is a seriously awesome skin! Great job, man!

naitvalis

juancho

Mató, its simply brillant to see how much you have grown as a skiner, mesher and artist. Im so glad we get to see all this awesomeness :)

Tomato

Quote from: Tomato on February 04, 2012, 12:12:10 AM

Cyclops is done, finally. Be happy, yo.

As much as I like the idea of this project, I'm gonna let the X-men movie thing go for awhile... maybe if something happens to get my interest up I'll pick it up later, but right now it's just become a drain to my energy. I had to begin another skin earlier this week (expect previews of that laterz) just to get enough mojo to finish Cyclops.

Still, I'm not unhappy with it. I really like how the face came out.

Just quoting this for convenience... I know it annoys me having to go back a page all the time.

@Podmark- Sorry for snapping at you a bit... though truthfully I almost stabbed you, so really, you kinda got off easy even then. Your timing could not have been worse though, because prem (yes, that one) sent me a video of teenagers being dumb/ignorant to torture me, and I'd only just given up on it when I saw your post. That said, I'm not so much surprised you didn't recognize Marsden (he's fairly average looking, and the visor hides his face a lot in the films), but that you didn't make the connection waaaaaaay back with Wolverine, who is CLEARLY based on Hugh Jackman.

@Juancho- I AM all that, and a bag of BBQ chips.

Now, whenever you guys get done goggling at my skin, you need to goggle at TUE's as well.

Previsionary

whut? uh uh! oh no. Lis'n, skillet, don't be blaming me or my twin for your melodrama. That's you all day, e'er'day. And if you know what's good for you, you'll stop snappin' on Pod. I ain't gone have it. He's MY rival. Know that.
Disappear when you least expe--

Podmark

Yeah in hindsight it's a really dumb question. But I was tired and wasn't thinking.
Eitherway, it's a great face...whoever he is :P
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Outcast

Everything looks great. Movie skins looks very realistic. :kingbethumbup

Helix

I always get geeked up about new Cyclops skins and meshes..and I can't wait to get my hands on this one. Cyclops is one of my favorites even though the physics behind his power is ridiculous. I mean, let's face it, even if he could shoot "force blasts" out of his eyeballs, the reciprocal force would blow his head clean off his shoulders in the opposite direction. But I digress...

Fantastic skin, Tomato!

Cyber Burn

Cyclops came out great, but I think Colossus is my favorite.

Now, off to TUE's thread.  :P

Tomato

I was going to save the first preview of this one for when I posted his Pony on Tuesday, but... I'm really happy with the face.

Would you believe this started off as a photoskin?

Podmark

It is an amazing face, right down to the beard. Just excellent.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

laughing paradox

Sioux City Dynamo

Io

Outcast

Really impressive facework Tomato. I also like the rock like texture with magma? effects you've got going on his right side. If only House Quake can see this, I'm pretty sure he'll love it.:)

Figure Fan

Helix

Man, 'Mato! That face is just SICK (incredible)!!! I'll bet you could even make my ugly mug look pretty.

Cyber Burn

Someone has some mad skills...nice facial work 'Mato.

The Hitman

FanTASTIC work on HQ, 'Mato! Really digging the detail on the divide between the normal/crackley sides. And the face is perfect, man!

UnkoMan

Dang! I have to agree with everybody about the face.
I really wanted to cause a ruckus, too.

Actually, I was going to say... should a chubby fella have abs like that? But then I saw this on the internet:
http://www.thehotglove.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/abs.jpg
So, nevermind.

Kommando

As I recall, HQs avatar is supposed to be built like a barrel, not like he "ate one too many burgers" I remember the quote. Very cool skin.

Tomato

Well, either way, it's not completed... the lined sections are on the sides, so I didn't bother to redo the abs for that layer.

UnkoMan

I should have figured. I'm sure it will look fine whatever you do, Tomato.

Built like a barrel, yeah. Earth 2 Superman. Farmer body. Golden age Captain Marvel. That's sort of what I was going with Unko Man, too. To be honest, I think lots of super heroes have too well defined abs these days, but that is just a personal preference (because I don't like drawing them).

Tomato

I'll put it this way... I haven't sat down and worked on it (RL and all... going home for a 3 day weekend to pick up/drop off stuff.) but my rough plan right now is to do kind of a middle ground... not hardcore 6 pack abs like for most heroes, but the suggestion of at least some muscle even on the torso. HQ's av has always been described to me as a football player type of build: Heavyset, but with muscles too.

Bloodshadow

Very cool Tomato :thumbup:
Its good to see the big guy getting some love,the face is amazing and I love the stone texture,can't wait to see him finished.

Sledgehammer

The care and detail you put into those faces is astonishing, really.

Going back to your X-Men skins, you completely brought Jackman, Cudmore and Marsden into Freedom Force. They are as real as you can get.

Congratulations is the least I can say.

billdamn22

Excellent job on HQ. I have always been a huge fan of your avatar skins. Can't wait to see the finished product.