News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

USAgent's 2nd rate skinning

Started by USAgent, March 31, 2009, 04:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billdamn22

Great stuff, USAgent. Now you just need to keep skinning. There are so few of us left. I will find you if you stop...... :lol:

USAgent

Quote from: billdamn22 on April 07, 2009, 08:24:38 PM
Great stuff, USAgent. Now you just need to keep skinning. There are so few of us left. I will find you if you stop...... :lol:

Thanks Cyber, and Bill!   And since I don't want to see Bill make good on his threat:

A couple quick ones I had done:

A couple Earth 712 members, First Lamprey who was a Hyperion villain, Institute of Evil, Squadron Supreme, and Redeamers member.  Second is another Earth 712 member Inertia was also a Redeamers and Squadron member.  I don't like how the skin turned out for her though, for some reason I really struggled with her costume and getting it to fit on her mesh.  The feet seem to be mapped a little different so I couldnt get the black on her feet to look right, one looks ok but the other don't.  But since this was based of Tommy's new supergirl mesh the chest area was easier to skin on, thats for sure! (man, that picture sure makes her leg lines look rough, they really arn't that bad though)

Lamprey was skoped by JP, and Inertia was skoped by RMT

I'll upload them as soon as I get a hero file for them set up.  I think I am just gonna add them to my Squadron Supreme team hero files.

Cyber Burn

Awesome, I think Lamprey was the last was needed to complete the set.

Xenolith

Very nice.  I'm going to reread SS just because your skins are so good.  Thanks for knocking these out.

laughing paradox

Nice, Squadron Supreme!

They look good, but could I offer some advice for Inertia? Place highlights over the black sections of her costume, so they don't stick out so much from the rest of her suit. I know how frustrating it can be to line things up on a female_basic mesh, due to the curvature really taking a toll, but you did a really good job lining things up. Lamprey is really nice looking.

Podmark

Can't say I recognise either, but both came out good. The black bars on the girl look a little flat though. Maybe try adding a lighter tone to the top of the bars?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

USAgent

Thanks once again for the compliments guys, they are very much appreciated

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 08, 2009, 07:35:29 AM
Awesome, I think Lamprey was the last was needed to complete the set.
We still dont have Foxfire and Arcanna, but Sioux City Dynamo worked on them but I don't think he released them yet.

I may have to do something with Inertia's Black it seems before I release them, but thats what I get for trying to get it to look too much like my referance pic. I find myself doing that too much, which is trying to copy the comic picture as close as I can when I should be adding my own look to the skins to enhance it.
My biggest hold back in releasing them is trying to get decient hero files for those two, they are tough characters to represent in this game!

Oh yeah, here is my latest skin I did:

Its Skoped by RMT using Tommy's parts. Googleplex's base worked well with him and those darker extras on the mesh show up brighter in game like they should:
Spoiler

See if anybody can figure out who I was trying to make here.  A hint: It is his look before a mean purple dude got ahold of him.

And yes, I definatly did kittbash my own Bushwacker's clothing to work with him.  I figure why waste all that time redoing clothing work when a little re-color and blending with do the trick :) (but I could of done better strap work for his legs/feet though.)

Podmark

Cool Caliban. What's the body you used? I'm probably going to do a Caliban eventually so it could be useful.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Jakew

laughing paradox

Who couldn't tell that's Caliban?! Nice job on it! I like the bandages on his feet.. looks really good.

And I think most of us resuse skin pieces that we created previously. Why redo a shape that's been carefully outlined before? :D

Cyber Burn

you're not giving yourself enough credit. caliban looks great.

XPTO

Awesome Caliban US keep it up  :thumbup:.

electro

This is the only incarnation of Caliban that i like - So i have been wanting him for awhile now - Thanks for making this happen   :blink:

USAgent

Well I can't let Blobula and LP get ahead of me in skinning these 2nd hand marvel characters! :P

I just finished up Sepulchre (Shadowoman) whom was a Secret Defenders character and most recently a hero who the Thunderbolts tangled with while they were tracking down unregistered heroes during the civil war.  She seems to be a pretty powerful darkforce manipulator while handleing the T-bolts pretty good and also holding her own against the Silver Surfer for awhile.

I stuggled with getting the extras to match up good with the costume to make it look like they were actually parts of her gloves and boots but other than that she was rather easy.
Skoped by RMT using Vertex/Ink/Tommyboy parts.

I better take a break and get hero files done for all these so I can get them out there.

fractal

any chance any of these upcoming scopes work in  :ff: or are they strictly  :ffvstr:?
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed"

And when I find my way back,
The fact is I just may stay, or I may not
I've acquired quite a taste
For a well made mistake

"No hay banda! There is no band. It is all an illusion... "

laughing paradox

Shadowoman! Well, Sepulchre!

Great job on the skin, USAgent! I like how you did the extras and the hair. Your skinning is really getting better and better.

I have two major points of suggestions.

1. Alpha out the face mask so that you can make the middle part of it see-through.

2. Give this awesome skin some reflection. It should be really subtle.. mostly noticeable only when she moves.

Hit me up if you want more tips on it. I'll be more than happy to help you out, bud. Again, great skin! :D

Ash4fire

Quote from: USAgent on April 25, 2009, 04:19:08 AM
Well I can't let Blobula and LP get ahead of me in skinning these 2nd hand marvel characters! :P

I just finished up Sepulchre (Shadowoman) whom was a Secret Defenders character and most recently a hero who the Thunderbolts tangled with while they were tracking down unregistered heroes during the civil war.  She seems to be a pretty powerful darkforce manipulator while handleing the T-bolts pretty good and also holding her own against the Silver Surfer for awhile.

I stuggled with getting the extras to match up good with the costume to make it look like they were actually parts of her gloves and boots but other than that she was rather easy.
Skoped by RMT using Vertex/Ink/Tommyboy parts.

I better take a break and
get hero files done for all these so I can get them out there.

wow great stuff....aswesome work  :panice

Podmark

Nice work USAgent. I remember her when she was in Tbolts.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

clownprince

WoW  :thumbup: i need to learn this skope stuff. :lol:

Diablo

blobula

Wow, Sepulchre looks great ! Nice work.
She was next on my to do list ! :P
I'm sure Jack Flag and American Eagle will be more than happy to have her on their team. :)
Sorry for my bad english, I`m still learning.

USAgent

Quote from: fractal on April 25, 2009, 06:05:53 PM
any chance any of these upcoming scopes work in  :ff: or are they strictly  :ffvstr:?
I am trying to release everything for both, but I can't get Sepulchre to convert to FFV3R, I have very minimal NifSkoping skills and I am having issues with just her, the method I used for getting other skopes to convert (getting rid of the children parts numbered "none") doesnt work with her.

Quote from: laughing paradox on April 25, 2009, 06:26:38 PM

1. Alpha out the face mask so that you can make the middle part of it see-through.

2. Give this awesome skin some reflection. It should be really subtle.. mostly noticeable only when she moves.

Hit me up if you want more tips on it. I'll be more than happy to help you out, bud. Again, great skin! :D
On suggestion #1, I have no idea how to do that, the extras doesnt have a alpha channel and I don't know how to add one. The Mask is from Tommy's Mockingbird mesh and it has eye holes too with isnt quite right with her, but like I said my skoping skills are pretty slim, I have to rely on my meshing/skoping buddies to do all the work for me.

For #2, I thought about that myself for quite a long time too, I am one who personally hates reflective layers on any skin, I think they take away from the skin, but I kept seeing her costume as shiney/leatherish look so I didnt know what to do, here is her skin with 85% grey reflective layer.

Better? Worse? Needs to be shiner?  (I also noticed that the lines on her thigh were upside down, bright lines are supposed to be on top the darker ones so I fixed that)

Quote from: clownprince on April 25, 2009, 09:54:26 PM
WoW  :thumbup: i need to learn this skope stuff. :lol:
That makes 2 of us!

Quote from: blobula on April 26, 2009, 04:03:37 AM
She was next on my to do list ! :P
What!!.....wait!!..........no.............but you said...............Why you.....*shakes fist at Blobula* :sword

Thanks everyone, I am happy you all dug her.  As soon as I can find a way to make her work with FFV3R I will release the skins/skopes I havnt yet.

Outcast

Awesome job on Shadow woman's skope and skin US Agent. Caliban looks just as great too. ;)

detourne_me

Wow!  most Excellent!
now I believe Steel Spider is the only T-bolt victim not skinned yet... Ellis' run was way too short.

Podmark

Quote from: detourne_me on April 26, 2009, 08:42:15 AM
Wow!  most Excellent!
now I believe Steel Spider is the only T-bolt victim not skinned yet... Ellis' run was way too short.

Actually I'm pretty sure someone did skin him. But I can't remember who  :banghead:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

USAgent

Yeah, Blobula did a great skin of him but he used Beyonder's Doc Ock's tenticles for the skope and that made it unreleasable.
But he did show me another version he did that looks almost as good.......

About Sepulchre, does that skin with the reflection look better or should I leave it with no reflection?

Podmark

Looking at the reference she should definitely have some reflection.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

Reflection? Totally.. different lightmap, though.

Try the lightmap from Renegade's Star Spangled Kid mesh. It's like a wonder lightmap.. really great effect.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Podmark on April 26, 2009, 09:54:22 PM
Looking at the reference she should definitely have some reflection.

I definitely agree. Great skin there USAgent. Also, nice skope by RMT.

murs47

That Caliban is really well done. I guessed Deadman at first....I fail. :(