News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom Force Resource

Started by Spectre Lad, March 13, 2009, 07:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Quote from: AfghanAnt on May 12, 2009, 09:28:43 PM

Yeah I figured once someone looked at the skins they would know. I like the ugliness of Quietly art on X-Men. As weird as it sounds I hate Michael Choi for the opposite reason. His work is too pretty. I don't know where Chuck is. I guess I should make him.

Most of the time I don't like Quietly, but I actually did like most of his New X-Men run. I actually did (and still do to an extent) have the same problem with Choi.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Blkcasanova247

Weirdness...so do I. Mike Choi is a fantastic artist but his X stuff is just too pretty and super clean. Oh in response to your query AA...send it my way and I'll give it a look see. I think I can fix your problem. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Star

I liked Quitely's take on Wolverine and Cyclops, and I'm generally a pretty big fan of his work. I mean, All-Star Superman and We3 are outstanding.

Tomato

Prem just showed me the comments people made to Spectre Lad's blog  <_<.

Courtnall6

QuoteReally, if ANYONE could conceivably be guilty of what either of you are suggesting, it's C6... and really, I'd have trouble believing even he'd be that much of an arse.

The two moronic comments made before yours Tomato...basically call AA a glory seeking control freak...and you deflect that crap onto me?

I never realized I was a glory seeking control freak...thanks for letting me know...

Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Tomato

I'm sorry

Edit: The self-serving drivel has been removed by it's author.

Courtnall6

Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

deano_ue

what the hell happened, i seen the comments the other day, i was the one who told prem about them. but i just assumed it was two idiots trying to be big men on the net.

Tomato

Now that I'm not punching holes through walls(or rather, comic boxes) or almost sobbing into my pillow because I offended someone (I was a blubbering mass of overreaction the entire evening, meh) let me respond to this in a clear-headed, rational way, a way in keeping with the personal morals I have always endeavored to showcase on these boards.

If this idiocy is the fault of anyone on these boards, I have compiled a list of things to do to you that would send grown men to their beds sobbing like little girls were I to describe them to you (and I would too, but I'm afraid the mods wouldn't be very happy with me).

Afghan Ant is, at least in my view, a friend and a peer. My current work would not be at the level it is currently if not for him, and I mean that quite literally. My newest base was done at the level it is ENTIRELY because he came back with his Superman and Lex skins at the same time I was making it and that made me step up work on it. So yeah, saying stuff behind his back like that... I take it personally.

Podmark

Wow those were simply disgusting. AA is one of my best friends here and one of my biggest inspirations, I certainly don't want to see stuff like that posted. I mean who cares if he didn't stay retired. People change their mind, that's part of life.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Yeah, that's just petty and terrible.  People have been leaving the community and returning for years, who cares other than to be glad that they come back?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

deano_ue

I really want to tear people a new one, but all that does is prove there points :banghead:

The Hitman

AfghanAnt

Uhmmm wow... I leave for RL world stuff for a couple of days and I'm attacked. Oh well. I would get mad but I honestly don't care. I retired originally because at the time I really did not want to skin again however I was in the middle of a few private projects (which I need to finish up and ship out soon). If anything helping out the Champions with their website made me start skinning again. It pushed me out of this weird place that people were in right after the whole IPS thing (which by the way I think I was hurt the most by seeing as I thought he and I were actually friends). Now, I'm over the whole closing FF site drama and I figured I'd get back to doing what I like doing.

Figure Fan

Quote from: AfghanAnt on May 18, 2009, 04:00:10 PM
Uhmmm wow... I leave for RL world stuff for a couple of days and I'm attacked. Oh well. I would get mad but I honestly don't care. I retired originally because at the time I really did not want to skin again however I was in the middle of a few private projects (which I need to finish up and ship out soon). If anything helping out the Champions with their website made me start skinning again. It pushed me out of this weird place that people were in right after the whole IPS thing (which by the way I think I was hurt the most by seeing as I thought he and I were actually friends). Now, I'm over the whole closing FF site drama and I figured I'd get back to doing what I like doing.

Yeah, and that makes PERFECT sense to me. Of course, we're always glad to have you.

Like Pod said, "People change their minds, that's part of life."

Good words. Good words.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Courtnall6 on May 17, 2009, 02:43:25 AM
I never realized I was a glory seeking control freak...thanks for letting me know...

It's ok, C6. I'm an attention seeking elitist. We should totally start a super villain team.

Also I thank everyone for defending me but honestly I'm not bothered in the least by the OC's opinion. Maybe I should try harder to please him because after all I'm his personal content slave.  :)

Tomato

If anyone would like to talk to me, I'm going to be over in a corner laughing at the absurdity they responded to me with. I mean... really?

stumpy

Not that this isn't a fascinating revisitation of some months-old drama, but I don't know that recapitulating people's varied perceptions of what happened and who supported whom et cetera gossip is productive. And, honestly, it really isn't a shining moment for anyone.

That's especially true here in the FF Discussion forum, which is often the first thing guests and new members check out when they get here. I would really hope folks coming here don't get the false impression that FR is all about members' egos or picking at old wounds or whatever nonsense. If people are discussing that at other sites, that's how they are choosing to spend their lives' energies. Personally, I don't see the point.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Gremlin

Quote from: AfghanAnt on May 18, 2009, 05:14:24 PM
Quote from: Courtnall6 on May 17, 2009, 02:43:25 AM

It's ok, C6. I'm an attention seeking elitist. We should totally start a super villain team.

Oh my God. With your skinning abilities, together you would be unstoppable. *hides*

BentonGrey

Well, for what it's worth, I'm really glad you came back, AA.  This game is a source of joy and wonder for us, else we would not be here.  It is terrible when something poisons that, and I have felt just that effect.  I'm just glad you were able to rediscover your hobby, to the betterment of the community. ;)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

yell0w_lantern

I thought it was spelled "Quitely" not "Quietly". Which is it?
Yellow Lantern smash!

AfghanAnt

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on May 19, 2009, 01:01:44 AM
I thought it was spelled "Quitely" not "Quietly". Which is it?

You're right!

DrMike2000

Frank Quitely.

Its a play on words of Quite Frankly.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

Star

QuoteThird, I've forgive IPS even though we haven't spoken since the whole dramatic fight at FR. If he ever reads this I'd like him to know I don't think you are a bad guy, I just think you handled the situation wrong.

That surprised me.

Zapow

Indeed, considering he created the whole "situation" to begin with...
[img width=145 height=45]http://home.cogeco.ca/~gdaybloke/HB/hbanim.gif[/img]

"I hold to a simple philosophy: Just assume everyone's a piece of crap and then be pleasantly surprised if you find anyone who ain't." - Luke Cage

BentonGrey

I don't think there is much need to rehash that whole thing guys.  I imagine that we are all in agreement about IPS' actions in regards to that whole debacle, and if some of our members are inclined to forgive if not forget (and there most certainly is a difference), then I say bully for them.  It takes a great deal of character to forgive someone who has wronged you, and it is something that I myself struggle to do.
God Bless

AfghanAnt

Why is the notion of forgiveness so foreign to this forum?

Forgiveness isn't about the attacker (or betrayer in this situation), it is about the victim. If I no longer want to have hard feelings towards someone why would you assume I trust or want to continue a friendship with them?

Why should it even be surprising?

I'm sorry if I am not as petty as some people are being about this situation but I honestly don't have time for this drama.

EDIT: I am most surprised at your comment, Zap. Was that even called for?

Previsionary

AA and BG are correct about forgiveness. Forgiveness is a completely different thing than wanting to hang out or get along with someone. It means he's over the situation and doesn't want to continue to harbor bad emotions.  That shouldn't be a problem to anyone here as I'm sure we've all forgiven someone either on this forum or in our lives that has done something one would consider bad. Some would consider that healthy growth. *shrugs*

Anyway, isn't continuing on with the drama-rama nonsense considered airing of dirty laundry? I would like to think everyone could just drop it and find something more productive to discuss than dwell on something that has run its course once and obviously still affects people negatively.
Disappear when you least expe--

Star

I should add, I said I was surprised but it doesn't mean I'm disappointed. I'm sorry if that sounded ... whatever.

I think it's great that AA can forgive IPS. Maturity on the internet! Who'd have thunk it? Life is too short to be harbouring grudges.

stumpy

OK, as has been pointed out here and in some PMs, whether or not this is dirty laundry, it is drifting in that direction. Whatever the particulars of the past incident and of any remaining animus between those close to it, it's over. I think we are all glad AA is still around and happy to see him skinning again, both because he enjoys it and because we benefit from his passion for it.

I notice Spectre Lad hasn't posted in a over a week. Let's assume for now that he didn't intend to resurrect this other issue and move on.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg