News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Help Please

Started by primus, August 17, 2009, 12:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

primus

:banghead:

This is driving me insane.  Has anyone had any issues with their character tool?  Certain meshes when loaded into my character tool don't work appropriately, actually pieces are floating away from where they belong.  Example: A hand will be disconnected and down where the knees belong.

I have reinstalled the character tool in case i had a bad download, but same issue exists.

Pleas help

vamp

If you are using  :ffvstr:, it might be that they need to be converted. You can convert them with this. Hope this helps.

daglob

I have that same problem with FF1; it's a video card issue. It is the reason I don't play FF1 anymore. If you do manage to fix it, let me know because I'd love to have BOTH games on my computer.

Tomato

Heh, glad to fiinally know what the problem was... had an issue with a mesh awhile back.

primus

Hey man do you know where I can get the CT1 file?

stumpy

There are some notes on finding the mod tools in the Game FAQ.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

primus

Ok, used that link to the mod tools, downloaded character tool 1 but still having the same problem.  Is it that the meshes are only compatible with FFV3R?

stumpy

Some meshes are compatible only with the second game, but you have to say what exact mesh you are having trouble with before anyone can help.

Alternately, you can open the mesh in a hex editor and look at the start of the file. I think the FF meshes will start with NetImmerse File Format, Version 4.0.0.2. I am pretty sure that if the mesh starts with something like Gamebryo File Format, Version 10.1.0.0, then it is a mesh for FFvT3R and the first game won't be able to read it.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

primus

I don't have hex editor  :(  But the mesh I care most about was sent to me by cascarudo; he helped me out with a skin for my avatar.

This is what the readme file states is included in the skope/mesh

base mesh vxmonk(vertex)
skope cascarudo
mesh parts vxgloves(vxmale_v2-vertex) hood_t_3(tom_versatile_fixed-tommyboy)
this character is a original creation of primus

stumpy

There are lots of good, free hex editors. I use XVI32. But, you can look at a NIF file in almost any editor (even Notepad) and be able to see the text string at the beginning of the file.

Keep in mind the earlier posts in this thread about other causes for the floating mesh issue. It is possible that even a mesh skoped from FF-compatible meshes may have the problem you described with a particular video card or driver.

primus

Eh this is killing me :wacko:

tommyboy

this is an issue with ctool and XP and some video cards, as far as I know.
I occasionally get it myself, but find that reinstalling directx and/or videocard drivers can get rid of it.
You may also not be aware that there is more than one version of the ff character tool, and that the different versions can be more or less reliable and/or stable under certain situations.
Also worth a try is setting the "compatiblity mode" for ctool to various things (right-click>properties>compatibility mode), that might help.