AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodshadow

Tanarus looks great AA,but I gotta say Shepard is sweet!I love all the detail on the folds in his clothing and I agree with Cyber,white is tough to get looking right and you did it nicely :thumbup:

Xenolith

I love visiting your thread.  Every time I visit its like a magical world of superheroes that could exist.  I love how you continue to improve your designs and refine your vision.

Okay, that's a lotta love in one paragraph.

Outcast

AfghanAnt

Really quick skin (I think it took 30 minutes). Just trying to get back into the swing of things. I made a very few adjustments - added a little face hair, booties and changed out the gloves.
Spoiler

spydermann93

For a quick skin, that looks pretty darn impressive.  Heck, for any skin, that's looks pretty darn impressive :P

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

ShortFuse

I like it. I also like seeing you back "into the swing of things."   :D

BentonGrey

Yeah, the expression is great!  Who is this fellow?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

AfghanAnt

Thanks guys, I think I might add a smile since he's more of a lighthearted hero.

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 16, 2014, 03:39:33 AM
Yeah, the expression is great!  Who is this fellow?

He's a original character by Unkoman. I think in a lot of way he was the precursor to the Weird World idea.
Spoiler

Cyber Burn

Man AA, that is a great Skin, and the fact that you did it in 30 minutes is just amazing. I'm glad to see you wanting to get back in the swing of things.

Looking at both pics, just a beautiful representation of the Unko's original design.

daglob

It is a beautiful skin. As always, I'm jealous.

For the hair, have you thought about using the hair from Ink's version of Oracle, maybe re-sized? I'm using  it for the quiff on Paradax.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: daglob on April 16, 2014, 11:56:32 PM
It is a beautiful skin. As always, I'm jealous.

For the hair, have you thought about using the hair from Ink's version of Oracle, maybe re-sized? I'm using  it for the quiff on Paradox.

You know that's not a bad idea daglob. I just went with the original skope Unkoman did and didn't think to improve that much on it.

laughing paradox

I really dig that facial expression. That looks sweet.

windblown

I love the face, and I'm glad that you are getting back to skin :)

BentonGrey

Haha, awesome!  I thought so, AA!  I adventured quite a bit in CO with Unko, and he usually brought that fellow along .
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

bat1987

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 22, 2014, 04:48:42 PM
Haha, awesome!  I thought so, AA!  I adventured quite a bit in CO with Unko, and he usually brought that fellow along .

For sure! I remember Unko using The Corpse a lot. Good times.

Very nice work AA, love the facework.

AfghanAnt

Wow this is my first skin in 8 months.

I was inspired by all the new stuff and thought I would dust off PS and try my hand at this skinning stuff again. No plans for more, but I will be releasing some stuff that has been sitting on my hard drive before it goes out again.
Costume design based on Ivan Reis' art from Multiversity #1.

spydermann93

Looks great like always, AA!

Glad to see you back at skinning, even if it's a one-off :P

daglob

ghazkul

Very nice! Multiversity is a very odd, but great, book. Any thought bunny plans?

Cyber Burn

Fantastic AA, you have not lost any of your magic touch.

Question...Is that Belt buckle a shaped Mesh piece, or did you Alpha the Skin to get that look?

SickAlice

Lovely though I expect no less from you. Thanks again for getting me reading Earth 2 and Worlds Finest BTW, really enjoying those books.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Thanks everyone. I'm really into Multiversity and the character designs so who knows - I might start skinning them all.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 29, 2014, 11:26:06 PM
Question...Is that Belt buckle a shaped Mesh piece, or did you Alpha the Skin to get that look?
Alpha'ed.

John Jr.

Impressive work, AA. Great to see you skinning again and it's a bonus to see your take on a Multiversity character.

BentonGrey

That's a really lovely skin, AA!  I think the details on his costume are particularly nicely done.
God Bless

murs47

windblown

It's great to see you skinning again AA! The skin looks fantastic, especially the face.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AfghanAnt on October 30, 2014, 12:18:10 AM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 29, 2014, 11:26:06 PM
Alpha'ed.

Wow, when I saw it, I was wondering if you had used the "S Shield" Mesh piece (By Bearded, I think), just re-sized. Very nice. The double bands that you used on the wrists and ankles and for the belt must have been a pain to line up correctly. I did something like the belt on one of my Skopes a while back, and it frustrated me to no end trying to line it up correctly. Once again, very inspiring.

On a side note, I hope you don't mind me asking, but on your Blog, you had previewed a Character called "Miracle", I was wondering if you had ever finished/released him?

And yes, I know I'm odd, I actually read some of the Blogs our Community posts.  :P

daglob

Waitaminit... waitaminit... this is Super-President!

(Old timers understand ;))