AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 03, 2014, 02:50:51 PM
Quote from: Bloodshadow on February 03, 2014, 06:14:07 AM
I like the chain link belt,sweet job :cool:

It was a pain to skope and I actually stopped working on her for 4 days because I didn't want to skope it. In the end it came up just how I hoped.

You seriously Skoped that Link by Link? Geez, that is impressive. My hat goes off to your level of patience.

windblown

This skin is superb! I love the way you skinned the dress this time. And I'm really impressed with the belt, it had to be really hard to skope so many pieces, but it looks great.  :thumbup:

ghazkul

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, look up AA's THOR! Its amazing.

A total Smasher of a skin.

spydermann93

Quote from: ghazkul on February 09, 2014, 10:15:39 PM
In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, look up AA's THOR! Its amazing.

A total Smasher of a skin.

100% agreed! :thumbup:

AfghanAnt

In case you missed it...

Click Here for Full Preview

I'm packaging it up now. Beyond being a labor of love (if you saw my office you would know I love Thor) this skin sent me on my own obscure character skinning wish list (ala Deaths Jester).

Here are some projects I'm interested in doing...
Spoiler

Additional
Spoiler
Even though I haven't really read much Thor since JMS left, I have decided to skin Tanarus and Kid Loki. They will be a three pack set released with the previewed Thor. Hopefully I will have the drive to finish them this week and then I wanted to do the New Immortals and finish up the Amazanuats. Not sure if I will ever finish Smasher though - sort of lost interest in her...

Here is my short list:
Tanarus
Kid Loki
New Immortals
Omegazon
Emma Possible
Sarasvati Wow!

ghazkul

SWEET! is that young-young Loki or young-teenage Loki?

AfghanAnt

Quote from: ghazkul on February 10, 2014, 02:48:16 PM
SWEET! is that young-young Loki or young-teenage Loki?

Kid Loki from Fraction/Gillen Thor.

Bloodshadow

Like I said in the requests forum,That Thor skin and skope is one of the coolest things I have ever seen in this game,Compliments just don't say enough about this one.Very nicely done and I cannot wait to get my shadowy paws on it :cool:
Now I'm going to have to sit and stare at Thor for a bit to take in more of the sheer awesomeness! :D

Podmark

Definitely looking forward to kid Loki. I really came to enjoy that little guy.
Tanarus should be cool. Whatever happened to him?

I said this in the other thread but that Thor is excellent.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

Thor looks cool. I'm not familiar with most of those characters, short of Kid Loki. I really liked his character in the Young Avengers.

I'm most looking forward to the rest of the Amazonauts, actually. I like how they've all come out so far.

Would you mind hooking me up with that Smasher skope you created, if you still have it? I'll skin it.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: laughing paradox on February 11, 2014, 08:23:31 PM
Thor looks cool. I'm not familiar with most of those characters, short of Kid Loki. I really liked his character in the Young Avengers.

I'm most looking forward to the rest of the Amazonauts, actually. I like how they've all come out so far.

Would you mind hooking me up with that Smasher skope you created, if you still have it? I'll skin it.

Consider it your's! Where would you like me to send it?

Podmark

It's funny, there was at least four people planning to skin Smasher. I don't think any of us finished her!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Podmark on February 12, 2014, 02:04:20 AM
It's funny, there was at least four people planning to skin Smasher. I don't think any of us finished her!

I lost interest in Hickman's crazy high science Avengers so I lost interest in her. Its too bad but hey at least I did Cap U and Hyperion. #shrugs

Podmark

I had trouble finishing the skope and then Windblown and I started to work together so most of my skinning time went to his skopes.

I like the character in conception, but very little has really been done with her. Actually I found Hickman's Avengers lacking in character which was disappointing.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 12, 2014, 02:39:30 AM

I lost interest in Hickman's crazy high science Avengers so I lost interest in her. Its too bad but hey at least I did Cap U and Hyperion. #shrugs

As a major fan of anything even remotely related to the Squadron Supreme, I definitely thank you for such an awesome Hyperion.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Podmark on February 12, 2014, 02:54:46 AM
I had trouble finishing the skope and then Windblown and I started to work together so most of my skinning time went to his skopes.

I like the character in conception, but very little has really been done with her. Actually I found Hickman's Avengers lacking in character which was disappointing.

Same. Even his New Avengers and Infinity crossover were just duds. Too bad, really good cast and ideas just so much thinking.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 12, 2014, 03:40:42 AM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 12, 2014, 02:39:30 AM

As a major fan of anything even remotely related to the Squadron Supreme, I definitely thank you for such an awesome Hyperion.
Well I'm happy I could help. :)

vorelliwiseau

I don't read much Marvel books, but I couldn't help but, well, marvel at how kickass your Thor skope is, AA!

I love the helmet details and the bicep veins, in particular. Fantastic work! Looking forward to more displays like this.

spydermann93

There's just something about this skin that makes it look really sleek.

I can't quite place my finger on what it is, but you've outdone yourself, AA!

windblown

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 10, 2014, 03:07:31 PM
Kid Loki from Fraction/Gillen Thor.

Can't wait for him!! :D  I really liked him in Young Avengers.

AfghanAnt

Thor (Marvel Now) is available at FFU.

I'm sort of burnt out so hopefully I'll get some more drive.

spydermann93

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 15, 2014, 05:15:29 PM

WOOHOO!!! :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 15, 2014, 05:15:29 PM

Me too, you've been raising the bar so much with what you've been doing, I'd really hate to see you stop now.

AfghanAnt

Spoiler

An character for Weird World that I've been working on for a while. Initially he was designed to be more Superman like but I realized I didn't want another powerhouse. He's the power item users of the team. I imagine him have a lot of Christian based power objects (Moses' staff, the  Codex Sinaiticus, the shroud of Turin, etc).

All of the textures are new - meaning I haven't used them on previous projects (except for the face which is not done). I put in a lot of little details to make the white pop more.

Podmark

He looks awesome! As usual you continue to impress.
One neat detail I noticed: he doesn't wear socks!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

I can't wait for your Weird World mod, AA!

It looks flippin' sweet!  I'm also very curious as to who those insectoid guys are in that picture with Ancient Astronaut.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Podmark on February 17, 2014, 07:51:39 PM
He looks awesome! As usual you continue to impress.
One neat detail I noticed: he doesn't wear socks!

Yup - no socks for this guy. :)

Anywho here is a preview of Tanarus.
Spoiler

This is what burnt me out a little so I'm going to hold off on completing him.

windblown

First of all I want to say that I've always loved your original characters, the cloth work on this one is amazing and I really like his footwear.

As for the second preview: wow and just wow! the face is really impressive. I get why you are burnt out with so many small pieces to skope, but it looks awesome for what it's worth.

Fantastic work!  :thumbup:

Podmark

Yeah I have to echo Windblown. Tanarus is unbelievable. The face and hair are excellent. And I love your attention to detail in skoping all the little details.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

Wow, Shepherd looks fantastic. I love how he came out. That's clearly a labor of love.

I really like Tanarus' face.

Cyber Burn

I love your original characters AA, when I was Skinning, "White" was certainly a downfall for me, I could never get it to look right. As for the original version, I had seen "Miracle" (I think that was his name) on your blog and meant to comment on it, I'm going to assume that I didn't. I liked the base design of it, but felt that the arm and leg bracers would have shown more depth had they been Skoped on. And if I remember correctly, you had mentioned something about the cape, not liking the white on white look, I'll agree with you, but realistically, I couldn't think of another option.

Finally, I think that Shepard would make a nice base for a "Scourge of the Underworld" (One of my favorite old Marvel characters). When you eventually release him, I may have to check that out.

I don't know Tanarus, but...WoW...that must have been an extremely tedious Skope to do. The skin looks incredible, but that Skope is amazing. The level of patience you had to have while doing that must have been insane. Very impressive AA.