AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

As nice as the new skin is (Understatement), I have to say that I really like the color scheme of the old one.

Gremlin

These are terrific, AA. Amazing to see the improvement in your skill, even after you had already developed incredible talent.

Sioux City Dynamo

AA,

I am totally blown away!  Your redesigns of Dr. Mike's characters are truly inspiring!  Your work has always been fantastic and it is hard to believe that you can improve but the side to side comparisons you have shown are simply amazing!

Thank you for all you do!

Respectfully,
Io

windblown

Fantastic work as always, I really like that Refl trick. Can't wait to see it finished.

laughing paradox

The updated skin is great and I really like the reflection.

I have to agree with Cyber. I like the color schematic of the original, too. Maybe have two versions? 

Podmark

That looks awesome too. The relf looks really nice.
Dr. Mike really has some neat characters.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Quote from: laughing paradox on January 20, 2014, 04:48:23 AM
The updated skin is great and I really like the reflection.

I have to agree with Cyber. I like the color schematic of the original, too. Maybe have two versions?

I just might do that. I'm actually not sure where I got the color scheme for the first time I skinned this character.

Outcast

AfghanAnt

A quick preview of Zenwoman. She is the only female clone from a militaristic society and a derivative of my avatar.  I need to work on the boots and I'll do a full preview.

Read More About Zenwoman

detourne_me

Just astounding work lately AA! And do I detect a hint of carol Danvers inspiration for her new hair?

laughing paradox

The elements you put in this updated skope and skin are the most different than the previous, compared to the other Amazonauts you've created.

I wasn't even aware her shirt ended and her arm began in the original, but I liked the noted difference in the new one. The face looks fiercer, the skoped wristbands look great and that's a cooler choice for cape and hair. (Is that Power Girl's cape?)

I have two questions for you, btw!

1. Did you ever finish or release Smasher from the Avengers?

2. Would you consider releasing a cape PSD file, for a normal cape? I cannot make a good one from scratch if my life depended on it.

Cyber Burn

Man AA, I have to say that all the little details that you add are just really impressive. Really like how the wristbands turned out on this one.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: detourne_me on January 21, 2014, 02:52:36 PM
Just astounding work lately AA! And do I detect a hint of carol Danvers inspiration for her new hair?

Not really. More of a slick-backed Angelina Jolie look. I started looking at some of the art again and realized I didn't really capture what Dr. Mike had intended.

Quote from: laughing paradox on January 22, 2014, 06:54:25 PM
The elements you put in this updated skope and skin are the most different than the previous, compared to the other Amazonauts you've created.

I wasn't even aware her shirt ended and her arm began in the original, but I liked the noted difference in the new one. The face looks fiercer, the skoped wristbands look great and that's a cooler choice for cape and hair. (Is that Power Girl's cape?)

I have two questions for you, btw!

1. Did you ever finish or release Smasher from the Avengers?

2. Would you consider releasing a cape PSD file, for a normal cape? I cannot make a good one from scratch if my life depended on it.
I really have some feelings toward this one because she is sort of a cloned female alien part of me. :) But mostly she looks too much like a Mary Marvel/AfghanAnt combo.

As for the colors, yeah I think my calibration was off on my older computer and for the face I wanted to make her look cold yet sexy. Nope, it is actually from the mesh the mesh Lord Ehmsidy did of my avatar years ago.

1. No. Smasher is hanging about. I could polish her off though, it wouldn't be too hard.
2. Yeah why not.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on January 23, 2014, 05:08:09 AM
Man AA, I have to say that all the little details that you add are just really impressive. Really like how the wristbands turned out on this one.
Thanks. I'm really enjoying reskoping and skinning these gals.

Oh also the amazing Windblown help me get that star effect when Miss Amazing is hovering and I love it.

Three down and four to go.

windblown

I really like the updated look of ZenWoman, especially the face and the new hair.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: windblown on January 28, 2014, 12:15:05 AM
I really like the updated look of ZenWoman, especially the face and the new hair.

Thanks WB!

BTW here is preview of something I'm working on...
Spoiler

Cyber Burn

WOW...That clockwork piece is amazing. This seems to be an extremely innovative piece of work that you are creating.

Podmark

That is pretty darn awesome. I wonder how you pulled that off.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

vorelliwiseau

Agreed! That must've taken quite a while to work out.

It's paying off really nicely, if you ask me.

laughing paradox

First. Looking forward to the cape PSD and Smasher! Thanks for that.

Second. Nice work on the time animation there. It really looks awesome.. reminds me of something Kang would have when he hovers around.

windblown

wow, that's a very cool effect. Can't wait to see more of that skope.

AfghanAnt

Thanks but it is just skoping work by me. The rest is Gren's and Irrational. I hope I can finish her up soon. I've hit a little bit of a wall and been just avoiding sitting in front my desktop and finish her up and working on the other 3 skopes.

ShortFuse

Bloodshadow

Amazing as usual,but that clockwork fx is taking it to another level :cool:

Sioux City Dynamo

AA, your work is amazing!  But your work on original characters, the design, effects and details are truly inspirational!!
Io

BentonGrey

The color work on that Ms. Amazing skin is just too cool, AA!  These new skins are beautiful too, but I just can't get over that opalescent effect.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

AfghanAnt

Thanks guys!

Amazium 235

So how is the skope completed. I relied heavily on Dr. Mike's work on this one. I really feel like the new version capture what he wanted better - especially the chainlink watch belt.
She looks really spectacular with the refl layer on.

See Dr. Mike's Art Here:
Spoiler

More Info on Amazium 235

Podmark

Yeah the new version really captures Dr. Mike's art. Great job.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Bloodshadow

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Bloodshadow on February 03, 2014, 06:14:07 AM
I like the chain link belt,sweet job :cool:

It was a pain to skope and I actually stopped working on her for 4 days because I didn't want to skope it. In the end it came up just how I hoped.

laughing paradox

I really like the shade of blue you have going on with her metallic skin. The belt is great and I like how you skinned her top this time. Nice, marked improvements, AA.