AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

X-Man (Nate Grey) and X-Man (Counter X) are now available at http://freedomforceuniverse.com/.
If you downloaded X-Man (Counter X) previously you might want to redownload, I added telepathic keyframes.

PS: New Classic Cyclops skope - better visor.

Podmark

WOW! The improvement from one to the other is astounding. They almost look like different characters.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Bored and was inspired by the before and after of X-Man so I did another omega-level nonsensical mutant - EXODUS!

BTW I hate his boots. They make no sense and nearly impossible to skin correctly. So I streamlined them.

Podmark

Now this really is a skin that looks completely different! Great job, I like how you've skoped on a lot of the little details.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

windblown

Wow, the new skins are fantastic, I love the new Nate grey! and the new teasers at your site are really cool.

AfghanAnt

Phyla-Vell or as she was known in this costume- Quasar. I always loved this character and I was never really happy with the way the original came out.

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 04, 2014, 01:30:29 AM

Phyla-Vell or as she was known in this costume- Quasar. I always loved this character and I was never really happy with the way the update came out.

WOW. Those quantum bands and her collar/cape look AMAZING.

spydermann93

Helix

Unbelievable. These last three skins you've shown us are incredible, AA.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Thanks guys. I put a lot of work into that last three and I'm really happy with the results.

deano_ue

bloody hell these are stunning

though ill be honest with knowing your tastes and style when it come to GOG i have to ask what the bloody hell took you so long ;)

laughing paradox

That's drooltastic.

Nate and Exodus are clearly great, but I am particularly loving Quasar/Phylla.

Nice, meticulous work on the emblem between the shawl and the female_body mesh. I like that a lot. Sword looks sharp, too.

Question: why does she have a whip in your sword preview image?

AfghanAnt

Quote from: laughing paradox on January 04, 2014, 09:35:59 PM
That's drooltastic.

Nate and Exodus are clearly great, but I am particularly loving Quasar/Phylla.

Nice, meticulous work on the emblem between the shawl and the female_body mesh. I like that a lot. Sword looks sharp, too.

Question: why does she have a whip in your sword preview image?

Yup. A quantum whip that is alpha'ed, glows and has a particle trail.

Cyber Burn

Geez AA, your older skins were fantastic as is, but you have just stepped up to a whole new level. You have totally raised the bar here. Your use of colors is amazing.

AfghanAnt

Thanks CB.

Here is Phy's lover - Moondragon. This is actually my first time skinning her so I choose the classic Infinity Watch costume. The mind gem flashes during defense animations and there is a slight twinkle all the time.

I'm thinking about doing original Quasar and a reskope of Adam Warlock/Magus but we will see...back to work tomorrow.

Podmark

Once again, looks great. I look forward to seeing that gem flash.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

I like the glove accents and her eyebrows are real serious! I dig it.

I wonder if she always carried around green lipstick and if so.. where did she save it?

daglob

Quote from: laughing paradox on January 06, 2014, 08:55:52 PM
I like the glove accents and her eyebrows are real serious! I dig it.

I wonder if she always carried around green lipstick and if so.. where did she save it?

Secret pocket in her cape, of course.

windblown

WOW! :o  Those are awesome! I especially like Phylla-Vell, the new cape is amazing.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: windblown on January 08, 2014, 01:19:17 AM
WOW! :o  Those are awesome! I especially like Phylla-Vell, the new cape is amazing.

The cape was surprisingly easy because it is just some skinning and alpha-ing. Most of the credit goes to Ink and his Mastermind mesh really.

AfghanAnt

Read More about Miss Amazing.

So I've been obsessed with Dr. Mike's characters since he revealed his web comic. This is one of the character main characters from his Amazanauts mod. While he ended up using the Irrational model, I did make a skope afterwards. Fast forward 3 years, I revisited the skope and redid the skin. It was a pretty quick skin but I'm still working on the skope. I would really like her to have a star pattern during flight. Also I gotta thank Gren for his amazing meshes which have inspired me to revisit a lot of my old work and make some new work.

laughing paradox

I have to agree about Grenadier's female meshes. He's revitalized the whole skinning thing for me with those meshes and how versatile they are.

The updated skin looks great but I think the old skin looked good, too. The skope definitely improves it.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: laughing paradox on January 13, 2014, 04:40:45 PM
The updated skin looks great but I think the old skin looked good, too. The skope definitely improves it.

Thanks LP. I did the first one not very long ago (maybe two years) so the newer one was basically me going back and fixing everything I was unhappy with (the face, mask, chest armor, etc).

ShortFuse

Great looking update. I like her other "enhancements" as well.  ;)   I too liked the old skin as well, but the new one looks much better. I always hated the hands of the older meshes. Great job, AA.

Cyber Burn

I may have said this before, but you can really see the improvements on the details that you put in to each Skin/Skope. The love you have for your craft really shows.

Podmark

Okay I'm going to be honest...I'm not sure which one is the new one   :wacko: They both look pretty great.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

Awesome!
What does "star pattern" mean exactly? If you need any help with the flight effect let me know ;)

AfghanAnt

Quote from: windblown on January 16, 2014, 12:17:02 AM
Awesome!
What does "star pattern" mean exactly? If you need any help with the flight effect let me know ;)

The 300% patriot star effect from the game attached to her during flying motions. I saw that Dr Mike drew her with this pattern and thought it would neat to add. I tried to do it myself using your tutorial but...yeah didn't work out the way I planned.

Here's Dr Mike's art
Spoiler

Anywho here is the other amazing one - Ms. Amazing.

It's odd, but I don't know where I got my original color scheme from because all of Dr. Mike's art is closer to my newer skin. Also, I made the star on her belt an actual glow star (to recall the whole Life Star origin). Even though you can't see it in the preview, her costume's reflects yellow, blue, and pinkish-red just like Dr. Mike's drawings.  I'm still working on the cape so this is a WIP.

You can read more about her here: Ms. Amazing