News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Cmdrkoenig67's Map Thread...

Started by cmdrkoenig67, January 03, 2009, 07:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laughing paradox

Haha@the teaser pic. You should have made it smaller!

Nice map! The second I saw it, I thought Star Wars.

electro

BentonGrey

I really can't wait to see the rest of Mos Eisley!  As I said before, this is just incredible work Dana.  I really can't get over the fact that you just cobbled those moisture vaporators together for default objects.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

John Jr.

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 23, 2010, 07:39:13 PM
I really can't wait to see the rest of Mos Eisley!  As I said before, this is just incredible work Dana.  I really can't get over the fact that you just cobbled those moisture vaporators together for default objects.

Same here. Dana is the McGyver of maps. It's incredible how he can make incredible new maps and objects from the original material.

cmdrkoenig67

Thank you muchly, guys...I'm not sure when I'll be able to have the new maps ready, but hopefully within the next month.  I'm going to try and use M25's install-creator to make the maps easier to install.

Best.

Dana

P.S. Here's a couple more Mos Eisley pics...

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

steamteck

Scorpion13mk2

HEY NOW.

The Commander makes such awesome maps....Im flabbergasted by all of them.

cmdrkoenig67

I know a few folks never got my second Mining_colony map to work...I've gone back and fixed the map markers (those were causing the issues of it not showing up in the Rumble Room)...Link below...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gmjs64zncb6ton2/ds_mining_colony2.zip

steamteck

cmdrkoenig67

Let's see....Two new maps released at http://frp.unlimited2.net/

My new mountain terrain map and the new island terrain map...

The Tatooine map is on the back burner for the moments...I apologize, it needs some work still.

Here are a couple more that I'm working on releasing (a lost city and a re-worked docks terrain map from FF1)...

John Jr.

Two great ideas, Dana. I'm already can see KennX's Tarzan in your lost city map and, well, I believe Benton will have some use to the dock maps.
It's great how you're a giving us different places to use in the Rumble Room and in new mods.
Thanks!

BentonGrey

Well, I've seen a couple of these before, and I can't WAIT for that ancient city one.  I can think of at least three different campaigns it should be useful in....

That dock is really cool looking too!  That has tons of potential.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Cyber Burn

Alright! Another map where I can trounce Aquaman!

Just kidding Benton.  :P

BentonGrey

God Bless

Cyber Burn

Crap! :banghead:

It looks like it's time to expose Cyber Burn to Energy X. If Aquaman can throw a bus at me, then who knows what other dangers I may face. :lol:

Epimethee

Thanks for the hard work, Dana. Your maps are a huge part of keeping FF from feeling too repetitive after all these years.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

cmdrkoenig67

Randomdays

I've been working on converting cars, But I can swap to ships to help your dock and island maps. Submarines, aircraft carriers, destroyers, sailing ships,fishing boats, and on and on. I might be able to find a floatplane to convert too. I think some grass huts that might go on the island.

cmdrkoenig67

Well...The island map is done, what other folks may want to add to it, is up to them.  I'd like to look at some of those ships/subs, etc...

Dana

Randomdays

I went ahead and converted about 10 this morning. 2 civilian - a fishing ship and a cargo ship, the rest military - destroyers and the like. A couple of sailing ships, but they come with the sails up and I'm not sure how to show them down. I'll go ahead and add the 2 subs, one nuclear and one not.

For some reason, I'm unable to run ffedit for FF, but FFVTTR works, so I'll do size testing there.

Dana, should they be set as vehicles or objects? Not sure how the maps pull vehicles. If they choose them randomly I wouldn't want a sub appearing on the city streets.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Randomdays on September 10, 2011, 09:17:07 PM
I went ahead and converted about 10 this morning. 2 civilian - a fishing ship and a cargo ship, the rest military - destroyers and the like. A couple of sailing ships, but they come with the sails up and I'm not sure how to show them down. I'll go ahead and add the 2 subs, one nuclear and one not.

For some reason, I'm unable to run ffedit for FF, but FFVTTR works, so I'll do size testing there.

Dana, should they be set as vehicles or objects? Not sure how the maps pull vehicles. If they choose them randomly I wouldn't want a sub appearing on the city streets.

LOL...It depends on how you want to use them (objects vs vehicles), but the game won't randomly choose the sub for maps.  All the cars you see on maps are placed there either by the map-maker or by coding.  The sub would have to be chosen specifically via coding to appear on a map.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

Map update...The Tatooine/Mos Eisley map is on hold for a while, it still needs work.  I may have a few more new map terrains to show soon.

Dana

Randomdays

With civilians, it randomly picks the skin if there's more than one choice, correct? Is that hardcoded or scripted? Are vehicles the same way? I have a limo that has 3 skins, white, black and pink. Would the limo placed on the map show up in game in a random color?

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Randomdays on September 11, 2011, 12:36:28 AM
With civilians, it randomly picks the skin if there's more than one choice, correct? Is that hardcoded or scripted? Are vehicles the same way?
I have a limo that has 3 skins, white, black and pink. Would the limo placed on the map show up in game in a random color?

The game only randomly picks skins for vehicles and civilians, if their templates have "random" typed into the skin field (near the bottom of the Templates tab in the Editor).  If nothing is typed in, only the standard skin will show up.

Dana

Randomdays

I've got all the ships converted. I was also able to figure out how to copy a bounding box from another nif into them, plus resize the box, rotate it and move it around any of the 3 axis. Haven't found a way to edit the actual shape of the box.

When I'm in Gmax or Blender, I can see a natural bounding box around the mesh, I've tried working with the bounds in Blender, but I haven't found a way to export the bounding box out with the mesh. Searching the web hasn't helped. I would think there must be an easy way to do this. Anyone?

I was going to check the size of the ships in ffedit, but found neither works on my winxp machine, even though the games play great. Going to install on my Win7 laptop and see what happens.

Edit - turns out that FFVTTR does work, its just hard to get the double clicks to get into the directories when editing.

Found out how to edit the shape of the bounding box as well, but turns out working with the bounding box in Blender is much easier than in nifscope - for me at least.

Dana, sending you the WW2 sub - its been sized correctly and lowered to the height that its partly submerged. Tested and characters can climb on it and walk on the deck, but needs a more complex bounding box to keep them from walking through the guns and tower. Since all I can work with is FFVTTR, that's what it's converted for.

Edit - I just noticed that the dock map is for FF1. I'll go ahead and try to convert the sub to FF1 and send it out.

Now that I know how to do one, the rest should be setup faster.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on June 23, 2010, 11:09:14 PM
Thank you muchly, guys...I'm not sure when I'll be able to have the new maps ready, but hopefully within the next month.  I'm going to try and use M25's install-creator to make the maps easier to install.

Best.

Dana

P.S. Here's a couple more Mos Eisley pics...

Wow Dana, I don't know how I missed these, but these are incredible. Great work.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Randomdays on September 12, 2011, 05:15:57 AM
Edit - I just noticed that the dock map is for FF1. I'll go ahead and try to convert the sub to FF1 and send it out.

Actually, the map can be for either  :ff: or  :ffvstr:

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

@Cyber...Thank you, the Mos Eisley/Tatooine map needs a bit more work before it can be released. 

@RandomDays...Once I get fully into my backed-up files, I'll be able to look at the sub again (since I lost everything, except the back ups when I did my system restore).

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

So as some of you already know...My old computer crapped out on me again and I did fix it (so irritating!), but I bought a new one and I have been trying to re-install and rebuild to the way I want things...Oh, and I went back to working on a map project (video below, please click on the pic)...

Dana