News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Cmdrkoenig67's Map Thread...

Started by cmdrkoenig67, January 03, 2009, 07:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laughing paradox

I hope you get motivated to complete it.. AND to do a carnival map. ;)

NomadX

*after checking the blog post* Ah ok, thanks. They still look good without the water object, and they kind of remind me of the Atlantis level from MUA. I don't have the game sounds extracted to my drive, so maybe that's the problem. Also FFedit won't let me test the sounds. It says "could not create sound instance"...whatever that means. Anyways, I'm glad I checked this section because maps are one of the least done add ons for Freedom Force and you've filled the void nicely.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: NomadX on August 01, 2009, 06:06:50 PM
*after checking the blog post* Ah ok, thanks. They still look good without the water object, and they kind of remind me of the Atlantis level from MUA. I don't have the game sounds extracted to my drive, so maybe that's the problem. Also FFedit won't let me test the sounds. It says "could not create sound instance"...whatever that means. Anyways, I'm glad I checked this section because maps are one of the least done add ons for Freedom Force and you've filled the void nicely.

You'll get the "could not create sound instance" error message during testing, if the sounds aren't extracted.  Once you've extracted the sounds, you should be able to hear them during testing.

Thanks for the compliments...I hope you get the sound to work.

Dana

NomadX

I got the sound to work by switching it to global sound instead of local sound. Don't know why it didn't play when it was set to local sound. Sorry for derailing your thread a little  :D

cmdrkoenig67

Could more maps be on the horizon?....

Maybe...

The following map doesn't include the torches...Sorry...I'm just not sure how best to describe how to install them...I am soooo tech-tarded.

...And a third map...

cmdrkoenig67

Oh...And a map you may not see (should I make a thread of maps that have never been seen/released?)...

I can't figure out how to make the shadows not look like fully leaved trees....It's looks a bit odd.

Dana

steamteck

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on September 14, 2009, 02:11:00 PM
Oh...And a map you may not see (should I make a thread of maps that have never been seen/released?)...

I can't figure out how to make the shadows not look like fully leaved trees....It's looks a bit odd.

Dana

I hope it does get released its pretty cool looking but its neat just to see stuff you can do.

BentonGrey

What is the concept there, Dana?  It looks like maybe desert ruins?  Really cool looking trees, and I don't think the shadows are really that noticeable.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Xenolith

I wouldn't sweat the tree shadows.  I bet a lot of people have the shadow settings turned down to avoid the ghosting problem.  Plus, It really doesn't look bad at all.

cmdrkoenig67

Hmmmm...I dunno...I hate the way it looks.  Perhaps if I use the trees on a darker map, the shadows won't bother me so much.

Dana

herodad1

what did you guys mean by ghosting problem?

JKCarrier

Quote from: herodad1 on September 17, 2009, 08:48:00 PM
what did you guys mean by ghosting problem?

There's an issue with converted meshes where if you have more than one of the same mesh in the game (e.g., two different characters that both use male_basic), the meshes will sometimes display a sort of ghostly "after-image" that mimic each other's movements. If you go into Options and turn off shadows, the problem goes away. Apparently the issue is the lack of a "NiSkinPartition" on the old FF1 meshes. There have been a couple of attempts at fixes -- Tommy found a way to fix some meshes using NifSkope (the tutorial's up on his website), and there was a Python script floating around that would supposedly generate the NiSkinPartition as well. But I think most people just take the easy way out and turn off the shadows.  ;)

yell0w_lantern

The pYthon script works very well and it's not hard to do.
Yellow Lantern smash!

cmdrkoenig67

Please, please share the Python script or a link to it, YL...I'm having the ghosting issue with a few of my mod meshes (the two meshes you made me are ghosting as well).  Thank you, my friend.

Best.

Dana

NomadX

Eh, from what I've seen the python script adds a skin partition which will fix ghosting but it doesn't fix the floating pieces problem. I find that using blob shadows (which the first game used) works fine though. Anyways, on a different note, your Murderworld map is awesome.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 14, 2009, 04:19:27 PM
What is the concept there, Dana?  It looks like maybe desert ruins?  Really cool looking trees, and I don't think the shadows are really that noticeable.

Sorry BG,  I never answered your question...The map is meant to be post Atomic holocaust/post fire/Post something very bad...I'm calling it Dead World.

DAna

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: NomadX on September 18, 2009, 05:06:54 PM
Eh, from what I've seen the python script adds a skin partition which will fix ghosting but it doesn't fix the floating pieces problem. I find that using blob shadows (which the first game used) works fine though. Anyways, on a different note, your Murderworld map is awesome.

Thank you, Nomad.  Blob shadows only works on the characters, though...Not objects (like trees), unfortunately.

Dana

Previsionary

Dana, Dana, Dana... the link to that python script has been in the comp. list of tutorials thread for almost 2 years now... and it's on FRP space. You wound me, sir. WOUND! :P

Quote from: http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=50675.0Repeating Mesh Fix: http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=44459.0
Disappear when you least expe--

cmdrkoenig67

Whoops!...Uh...Amnesia...I blame Amnesia.

Dana  :P

cmdrkoenig67

Hi Freedom Fans,

It's been a while since you've heard from me about maps I'm making...Well, I'm still making them...I've just been busy with Skoping, mods and RL stuff.  I'll share some pics of what I've been working on soon.

Dana

herodad1

hey Dana, didnt you make a cuban harbor map awhile back?

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: herodad1 on June 08, 2010, 07:45:28 PM
hey Dana, didnt you make a cuban harbor map awhile back?

I did...It went into the "maps that won't be released" folder...But I may be able to release it at some point, after all.

Dana

Epimethee

Hope so. From what I remember it looked lovely.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

cmdrkoenig67

Thank you, E...

Here's a teaser of one of the maps...

More to come...

Dana

herodad1

cmdrkoenig67

:lol:

I have bit of work to do on all the maps still, but I hope to have more news (and some more pics too, hopefully) for you by this weekend...Less teasing, I promise.

Dana  :P

cmdrkoenig67

First pic (and yes, I realize this constitutes as "teasing"...Okay, I admit it...I'm a tease!)...

jeremy355

Is that Tatooine? Awesome Dana. 

steamteck

Completely awesome. I can't wait.

TrajkLogik

Now we'll have a map to use those sweet Star Wars skopes on :thumbup:
Looking good!