Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 01, 2010, 05:48:20 PM
Just a random thought, would the power of a power ring, whatever the color, even matter to big G?  He's already got godlike power, so would the power ring be like the power of his heralds, something insignificant next to his might?

Benton, Shhhh! If you apply logic to it, it isn't any fun.

BentonGrey

Heh, I was legitimately curious! :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

hoss20

I think it's a valid point. I thought of this when the subject was first brought up. Nice to know my thoughts were echoed by a forum veteran. Galactus would eat power rings as a snack.

BentonGrey

Well, I was thinking there was something I was missing. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Kenn

Orange Lantern Galactus would kick the a$$ of regular Galactus.   That's what counts.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

laughing paradox

Nice to see a Velocity skin. I actually planned on doing some Cyberforce and WildCATS characters eventually, but it's nice to have a Velocity already available for now.

That Blue Streak skin/design looks pretty good.

daglob

In a way, my Marvel Lanterns (and any other Lanterns, like Harvey Dent and The Shadow... What color Lantern would Noman be, I wonder?) are like my DC Skrulls, not to be taken too seriously.

The thing is, with Marvel, there are likely to be other Galactus-level beings out there, and I remember the Trial of Galactus; a sufficiently large enough collection of alien races might actually give the guy trouble. Having a power ring can never hurt.

Hey, I even did Yoda as a Guardian, Harvey Dent as both a Green and Yellow Lantern, and Doc Doom as a Yellow Lantern.

bearded

the philosophy of the ring...the way i read it, the ring's power is based on the individual's willpower.  and galactus's willpower would engage the ring onto another level of magnitude.  so, it would be galactus power multiplied by his own willpower.  or storywise, i would write it so that the ring sustains galactus.  he doesn't need to feed from planets anymore.  but, what would power his ring?
what would it be like if galactus was irradiated with gamma energy?  galactus hulk!  "I'm the hungriest there is."
ok, here's the skope.  take a hulk mesh, enlarge it to galactus size and skope on the helmet and gloves.

daglob

Nuklon, Pulp Pool, and the Golden Age Brainwave.

For Sandman T and Sandman TJ.

Just messing around...

Kenn

They look pretty good, although Al looks a little short and scrawny, and Henry looks way toooooo tall.

daglob

Check out the first post in this thread, and you will find an updated list of characters from Character Obscura. It's not finished, but it's on it's way. Just click on the "Spoiler" icon and you can see all the second, third, and lower string characters, forgotten characters, pulp, movie, TV, and serial characters, and a few skins based on other media that are available.

Green Hornet

That Sandman looks really good. The hair could not get any closer to real. The grain to the sand is excellent.  :rickbm

daglob

On the left is not my skin, but that of Commander Koenig. I have it on a hex edited mesh to which I have added the extras necessary to make it work. Great skin; I'm trying to make the Hex worthy of it.

Next to Larry Talbot is The Red Panther, a kind of Phantom clone. Next to him is Steve Holland as Superman. I know I've seen a picture of him in this costume, but I can't find it. Just behind and to the right of Supes is The Creeper, another of those dastardly Jap-A-Nazi Rats. Behind him is Steve Holland as The Phantom. I intend to do Holland as The Avenger, The Executioner, Magnus-Robot Fighter, Flash Gordon, a cowboy, and as Sir Dennis Nayland Smith. If anyone knows of other characters (besides The Saint, Doc Savage, and The Shadow) that Holland has protrayed, let me know; I may include them. I'm checking up on The Lone Ranger.

In the back on the right is The Thing in an alternate costume. That is C6's Thing head there; I haven't gotten around to doing my own.

'Way in the back is Fire Man, a rather more obscure than most golden age hero.

Kenn

So you're working on Mr. Holland's opus?

daglob

cascarudo

awesome skins like ussually love the gl thing

electro

I like the faces on the Sandman & Superman skins - You've got some good ideas on your skopes :blink:

laughing paradox

Nuklon! Great job there.. been needing him.

I really like how how the Phantom came out, too.. good stuff, Daglob.

daglob

Kenn

Just don't put her in a sexy red dress.

John Jr.

Green Hornet

daglob

Quote from: Green Hornet on March 25, 2010, 12:39:53 AM
That reminds me of a Cylon  :rickbm

It's as close as I can get without a scope. The helmet, chestpieces, and shoulder armor would have to be created for it to really match the original. The pointy bootcuffs were smaler than those of a TV mjesh, and the gun was more of an assault rifle than a pistol I also have a two-gun version of this mesh that is slightly different.

Quote from: Kenn on March 24, 2010, 04:20:46 AM
Just don't put her in a sexy red dress.

Funny, but I've been thinking of doing the ambassador-type of Cylon also, one in a red cloak (voiced by Johnathan Harris, aka Dr. Smith from Lost in Space [I wish someone would do THAT robot])). I'm just not sure about dong the pointly transparent head, although I could probalby use Bulletman CS's helmet for the top of the skull...

daglob

This needs a LOT of work.

TrajkLogik

Hey! Thanks for trying this! I think it's a great first attempt. The only thing I see wrong is the yellow band around her waist and left leg shouldn't be there. And the yellow should be a bit more pale. Here's a picture:
http://marvel.wikia.com/Marsha_Rosenberg_%28Earth-616%29

daglob

The bands are an inherent part of the mesh. The build on this mesh is closer to the character's build than the Magma mesh, which would be my second choice. On Wildfire I've managed to get he leg band less noticable than the one here, but I'll need to do it last to match up with the rest of the leg.

yell0w_lantern

Use TUE's Firestar skope; just remove the mask.
Yellow Lantern smash!

daglob

AfghanAnt

Wow, that's some really stellar work daglob. I think this is the first time I've seen an energy form look like it step right out of the comics.

docdelorean88

AA described it perfectly! I didn't know who it was, but i knew it was straight from a comic!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"