News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmdrkoenig67

Wow, Sick! I love the chairs, sitting animations (both are great for cutscenes, etc...) and the new weapons (and Sinister looks fantastic!), SA! Well done!

Dana

SickAlice

TY. The second chair is vanilla, I won't bother previewing it but again that's to make it all easy for modders. I'm close to finishing this whole thing today. I'm otherwise still waiting on Marvel to print what that Year 100 Sins Of Sinister costume looks like so I can finish the skin. By the look of it that might not happen for a few weeks. But I'll have a full plate during that time anyways so it's all good. I am also setting up for the other characters here. Doctor Stasis, Mother Righteous and Orbis Stellaris. I'm excited to try to model the last one especially.

SickAlice

I'm finally redoing Vulcan. I ditched the aura and went with particle effects. I managed to make the fire coming out of his eyes. I'm going to redo the animations so different particle emitters around the body turn on and off during different animations. It will look more like the comic does that way. There is still so much about particle emitter settings I'd like to learn. How control the height/length for one and how to make them static. I "think" the latter has to do with the speed where you have to drop it to nothing somehow. That's the method to make hair and fur with particles.

deanjo2000

Cool :thumbup: I did start skinning your Vulcan mesh and I think it?s about 90% done, maybe just the belt needed doing before my burn out. I think I?ll just wait and transfer it to your new one.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

SickAlice

Thanks. I never like my Vulcan. Actually I remember getting a direct complaint about it years ago and totally agreeing with why. The belt is a new piece I made by hand specific to this model that can be used for males. It has a sculpted buckle and is mapped front to back. The hair is also custom and the texturing is conformed to the male basic texture map. The animations are also going to be unique to this for FX type nifs. CTool2 doesn't do particle emitters much justice but here's a shot of it in action.

Oh, I did sort of finally figure out how to use a 3d model as a particle emitter. Not that it's needed here but I can get the model in the nif but can't figure out to make it un-visible so just the outlining particles remain. The particles alpha out with the model every time I try. For whoever's knowledge when you open the branches look at the Children of the Emitter itself, not the Controller and there will be a mesh there even it is not visible (it's usually just a tiny box or strip). You can replace that with a model. You can also point it to a model in the nif, like male basic which is what I'm trying to pull off but doing so causes conflicts that at least I don't how to resolve.

Anyways it's fun to get to this one. I'm also polishing my Selene a little. I'm injured again and I did mostly get the UHaul packed so I have a little time to pass before the the move, that's tentative the 26th right now but 28th at the latest unless something freaky comes up.

style

Some new Heat!!! 🔥

*UPDATED*

More on the way!!! ;)
The Ultimate Fan!

deanjo2000

spydermann93

haha, those are awesome, Style!! :thumbup:

Is that Attila the Frog? :D

style

Quote from: spydermann93 on February 15, 2023, 10:37:18 PM

Lol thanks and yes! I added Splinter and the Turtle Van I did too!  :thumbup:
The Ultimate Fan!

detourne_me

style

The Ultimate Fan!

spydermann93

Quote from: style on February 15, 2023, 10:43:53 PM
Quote from: spydermann93 on February 15, 2023, 10:37:18 PM

Lol thanks and yes! I added Splinter and the Turtle Van I did too!  :thumbup:

Oh man, that Splinter looks amazing! Shell-tacular even!

Lol, love the style you're incorporating in all of these. As a Turtle fan, makes me super happy!

SickAlice

Mutant Madness? I never played it though I don't delve into Android games much. I had played TMNT Legends and liked the art style, ironic as the artist did not seem to like their job, though the game itself was lacking. I saw previews for that game though. Real pretty models and clearly by someone who grew up with the old school versions. I looked at the wagon model for inspiration for what I'm making but it was too blocky for me. Mine is functional and has a detailed inside, well the challenge of modelling it is part of the fun for me and figuring out the mechanics. Still nice looking models. "Most" of the Turtles games do have them. I have to diss the Konami 2k ones, great gameplay though but I've looked at their 3d models up close and they are really poor for PS2 era ones.

john_patches

wow!! even when i return after time.. everything still amazes me!!!
long live  :ff:  :ffvstr:  :wub:

style

The Ultimate Fan!

style

Quote from: SickAlice on February 16, 2023, 04:29:36 PM
Mutant Madness? I never played it though I don't delve into Android games much. I had played TMNT Legends and liked the art style, ironic as the artist did not seem to like their job, though the game itself was lacking. I saw previews for that game though. Real pretty models and clearly by someone who grew up with the old school versions. I looked at the wagon model for inspiration for what I'm making but it was too blocky for me. Mine is functional and has a detailed inside, well the challenge of modelling it is part of the fun for me and figuring out the mechanics. Still nice looking models. "Most" of the Turtles games do have them. I have to diss the Konami 2k ones, great gameplay though but I've looked at their 3d models up close and they are really poor for PS2 era ones.

SA urs is the ones I anticipate the most can?t wait for them IMO I love the 87 cartoon turtles the best and that?s what it looks like ur going with! 👍🏾
The Ultimate Fan!

SickAlice

Making an April as well. She's one of the options for the wagon driver. I looked at that model for April above for that one as well for ideas. They really did an awesome job with the texture. And even made great use of all the negative space too. Real professional stuff. But I have a few TMNT things. A new Slash based on my new Turtle model. Some other stuff I don't want to put in typing until I commit to it but most of it is at least halfway finished.

Right now I'm still on Selene. I'm trying some idea with it. I made a costume again that can be controlled via the alpha channel on the textures like I did with Lady Death but it's real low poly this time. I also made, from scratch and maybe the first time have, hair that also works with an alpha channel. Then a dress that works the same. Finally the capes. But the new trick the capes are all one component cape that is, yes, controlled on the alpha channel for texture. A lot of is also staging work for Emma Frost. I also corrected the texture assignments on the body model itself. "Female_Gren_Heels" I think it was called? There's always something a little off in any model but that one had zero symmetry to it and I just always be a big pain to skin so I redid it all so that both sides of everything are now symmetrical on the wireframe.

SickAlice

I put a little time into "male basic Professor X" keyframes last night. It's been awhile since I touched that one. The idea was way back in the day we had a male basic Professor X which is intended to be a standing version of INK's Xavier. Except it really wasn't. It was just a male basic with the Cerebro and particles from INK's nif hexed on it. What I'm doing is manually rebuilding the animations so this does have the special animations found in INK's sitting Xaviers, but redoing everything the pelvis down to make it standing instead. It's actually going much better than I thought it would. I'm not liking one animation but I think I can work it out.

style

My one question is will it work with meshes for the 1st  :ff: :blink:
The Ultimate Fan!

SickAlice

No. Of course not. I don't make for  :ffvstr: but in these cases unconverted  :ff: keyframes can not be edited in Nifskope. And I know how to backwardly convert nifs from  :ffvstr: to  :ff: but I've run into a way to do it with the keyframes. And as always if people want to convert my stuff to the first game that's on them but I don't make content for it. I don't own the first game and I just don't like the limitations of it's game engine.

eluvium

I know how the children or w/e in nifskope that keep meshes from converting, tomato showed me

SickAlice

Nif's are simple enough to convert but keyframes, well with Nifskope you can't manipulate unconverted FF1 keys is what's up. I assume in 3ds Max you can but I don't work with the program though regardless I make content for 3rdReich, not for the 1st game. I mostly always have other than when I started trying to make skins years ago. It's no different than the Deviantart demands that I had for MMD models or the ones I still get for a version of my 3rdReich stuff in other Elder Scrolls or Second Life. I don't make those things so it's unreasonable to think I should have and all else as usual I say if that's what someone wants just convert it then. Making stock content to be further altered is what a do and encourage with it. Though more these days I'm directing to just try and teach how to do settings and such to that extent. I'm otherwise just done with requests lest I volunteer myself and a lot of it due to bad behavior in my PM's. More the same reason I stopped providing ripped models from Android games on DeviantArt. Some crude and abusive people turned me off to the whole thing. This is supposed to be fun and just a hobby after all. I'm not some paid content provider or programmer doing any of this.

style

I finally got to rig ripped Galaxy of Heroes models from the game. I knew they would be perfect for  :ff: and they are!!!!  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: more pics to come!!!

The Ultimate Fan!

cranlox

Nice Style, Hopefully you release some of your conversions soon!

style

Absolutely cranlox! :thumbup:

Here's more!!! Yes I'm insane! :doh: :D

Yep I skoped the interior of the Falcon on to the ship LOL krazy I know but I couldn't stop!  :rolleyes:
The Ultimate Fan!

deanjo2000

Randomdays

Those are all great!. I had been thinking about doing a New Hope Land Speeder with Luke, Obi-Wan and the droids. You want to give it a shot?

style

Already on it my brother gonna do one with Leia and Wicket too! :thumbup:
The Ultimate Fan!