Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eluvium

I hear that, I'm just excited

crosspotts1.0

i love coming back and seeing all this awsome stuff thank you to all your what makes this enjoyable

SickAlice

Finally got some time. I'm packing Sinister up for upload. I'm going to make one more texture directory first. I'm deciding between an easy shirtless/modern or doing his TAS one. I think the latter would be something users would like more? I just have an uneven amount of skins and want an even amount is all. I think there's like six keyframes left to finish for Vulcan, I'll check that after I finish with Sinister and do some prep for his brothers and sister.

Kind of in a debate right now. Sinister and Vulcan first no matter what but I was thinking I'd work on Mike's nunchuku anims, that's the big TMNT hurdle. But? Because of Across The Spider-Verse part of me wants to work again on my Spider-Man project. I guess I'll figure it out once I finish those two.

crosspotts1.0

cant wait SA for sinister and vulcan have you fixed your site up yet

SickAlice

I'm chipping at it all just so you're aware and that I didn't just hang it up. I tend to work on a large que and do parts of multiple things at a time. I'm also between very active in real life having a new property to maintain and city to establish myself in and depressed, which the later tends to cause blocks in motivation and inspiration and I end up moving along slowly. Winter time is usually when I am a lot more active here. Given I am in a city where it snows that is likely this year. The pandemic and closures in 2020-2021 otherwise made me more active then usual. There was nowhere to go then of course, so? But all this from the X-Men, TMNT, MOTU and so forth is still all coming along.

WyldFyre

Glad to hear you're still hanging in there. RL is very time consuming so don't feel pressured to do more than you feel comfortable doing.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

SickAlice

Ty. I more wish it wasn't. The whole idea of moving was to be able to consume with my art and try and find some piece of mind for a year or two before the next obligation but it just didn't work out like that. Could be worse of course and I am counting my blessings but still. But winter is coming up fast. Once it's winter Freedom Force and catching up on shows is most of what I do aside shoveling any snow.

cmdrkoenig67

Master Jedi Style,

Where do you post your wonderful Star wars goodies, now that the yahoo Groups are no longer with us (I see you still have your website set as a Yahoo group link)? I apologize if I missed a post about it.

Dana

Randomdays

I'm not here a lot right now, but Style sent me most, if not all, of his new Star Wars meshes and skins. If he doesn't get back to you, I'll look for his emails and forward them to you.

cmdrkoenig67

Hey RD,

Thanks for the reply, good to hear from you too.

Best,

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: SickAlice on February 10, 2023, 01:05:36 AMI did a generic throne for the regular cape. I figure that's easier to work with for people. Else I finished some weapons. I did the fish head spear in the last forty or so minutes, I'm okay with that.
And ty, Podmark.

Hi SA,

Where did these cool weapons end up? I couldn't find them on your various pages.

Best,

Dana

Randomdays

Dana,

If your email is the same I forwarded some of Style's Star Wars files that I could find

cmdrkoenig67

Thank you so much, RD. I appreciate it.

Dana

SickAlice

Hi SA,

Where did these cool weapons end up? I couldn't find them on your various pages.

Best,

Dana
[/quote]

I made these for Mister Sinister. Those are his trademarked canes from the comics, the spear an alternate one of his clones used. Him and Vulcan will be released pretty soon. I've been working on this new house and racing encroaching winter weather outside and pretty much occupied with all that. I "had" intended to sit here and just on art and date and such but my stepfather got a terminal diagnosis so my time table has become crunched. But soon, I was actually getting those two ready for upload in a couple spare minutes I had free last night before sleep.

cmdrkoenig67

I'm very sorry to hear about your stepfather, SA. Sending you positive energy, my friend.

Best,

Dana

WyldFyre

What they said. Take care of yourself and family.
For Freedom!

SickAlice

Ty. Tasks help me get my mind off this stuff. I lost other people recently too. Again. Worst part of aging. I'm on the other side of the country from the family maintaining a property rn. I've been working stone in the yard lately for example, racing the encroaching weather. Pro-tip: If the idea of stone step pathways every comes up pass. It's a pain in the butt.

But as usual as we move into the season there is less I can do outdoors aside shovel snow and salt ice (I'm unsure how this looks in Northeast Arizona but it was a bad as Wisconsin last year) and I can only clean the inside of a house so many times. So I end up with a lot of free time to devote to hobbies like Freedom Force.

But? The situation with my mother and stepfather can happen any day. On the day I will be shipped across the country to help with arrangements and managing that property, hopefully to then move my mother a little closer to her brothers.

Anyways that's why I mostly vanish during summers and my releases kind of flap in the wind. I am otherwise enjoying Arizona. Well? Sort of. My goal was to be in the low lands where it's always hot and there isn't much going in this city that isn't a gun show. Really there isn't even volunteer opportunities. Yet again I'm getting a house ready to flip so it isn't like I would have had time anyways.

Ironically it is all with end goal of sitting on my bum and working on my art all day, someday. And maybe having a beach. I'm thinking Lake Havasu so I can sit and have a coffee and stare at London Bridge. I thought it was very nice there.

deanjo2000

Sorry to hear about your stepfather.
I understand about the hobby stuff i mean it's why i skin so much as it keeps me sane, im just terrible at releasing stuff as im always busy. You do sound like you've got a good handle on stuff though and enjoy life where you can.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

SickAlice

My aunt went two weeks ago right on the day they got a house. My uncle probably won't last long. My old gaming buddy a couple weeks earlier. This is really wearing me out. I use hobbies, obligations, music and comedy. Go out in the community and help where I can.

Vulcan and Mister Sinister are both done and over in the Releases section then.

SickAlice

Trying to remember what cause flickering where faces cross and how to fix it. It's been a long time since I've seen that problem. I think I need to add to both models. If all else memory serves to just create a new piece when all else fails though.

cmdrkoenig67

Hi SA,

Flickering? Like when two pieces are occupying the same space on a mesh, but one is supposed to be on top of the other, yet they seem to "flicker" back and forth (via their polygons or something to that effect)? I've seen something like that, if that's what you mean?

Is it separate mesh pieces or some other issue?

Dana

Quote from: SickAlice on November 24, 2023, 03:01:13 PMTrying to remember what cause flickering where faces cross and how to fix it. It's been a long time since I've seen that problem. I think I need to add to both models. If all else memory serves to just create a new piece when all else fails though.

SickAlice

Another here that ended up needing a bit of manual keyframe work. Namely the bottom the coat. Not as bad as most and I can repeat a lot of the same cape bone positions for it fortunately. I'm also working out an attack animation but it isn't going well and it is optional and think I will abandon that prospect in favor of a mesh that just looks good while animated. The glow effect on this was fun to come up with.

@cmdrkoenig67: Two different pieces and the faces crossed over each other. I male basic neck turned into a collar and thus across the male basic model. I redid it so that the vertices joined instead and it still flickered, like like little white sparkles say that weren't actually in the texture. I scrapped the piece after figuring out it wasn't even needed and would look ugly given how short the neck is (see above). But I always want to know the technical of things and yeah then, exactly what your saying. And I have too before and knew the fix for it but it's been so long since I've seen that issue. In fact the work this was based off of, Sinister, has pieces exactly like it that do not have the flicker issue. And my texture settings and such are always the same from nif to nif.

SickAlice

Only 105 animations to go. Some of this was interesting. I've never done coat tails before and had to get sneaky with his sitting in a chair animation. The art called for it to be draped off the side.

WyldFyre

Oddly enough, long coats have been one area I felt lacking in the game. Both male and female versions seemed forced and unnatural in a lot of animations.
For Freedom!

SickAlice

Either the Gambit Ink type, I corrected the mapping on that awhile ago, male hunter or "the butt cape trick". The first two follow the body, they don't float and that was needed. The last is just the shrunken cape that looks sort of like the bottom of a jacket, Gren used to use it and Ink used a variation for Moira's lab coat I think. But Stasis calls for a unique sculpted jacket and one that flows from the bottom. So that's what I've been making.

The animations are the pain. I don't have too many more but I'm very sick and my eyes are having problems staring at numbers on a screen for too long. After I finally finish the keyframes I'll have to redo a lot since the legs have a tendency to kick through the jacket. But I want it to look just like comic even when it moves so I don't want to cut corners.

WyldFyre

Take care of yourself first! I'm awed by the amount of work you put into your creations. I really hope I can find some time to learn all of these editing tricks you have been showing us. I have always wanted to edit some of the keyframes for these games. The original meshers were wonderful, but I wanted some different hover animations, especially for some of the specific characters that fly. I also want to transfer some animations between different meshes which requires I learn which nodes are needed. Ah, that elusive thing called time.
For Freedom!

SickAlice

It gives me something to do while I'm down. And I just space it out in my daily regimens. Finished him just now, I think the animations look decent enough. And thanks. I don't actually work that fast is the key to it. I build stuff up over months to years than put it all together when I'm ready for it. That's the trick. I don't usually have that much time to just sit and plug away sans the quarantine part of the pandemic. Nodes are pretty easy to figure out once you've done it. Animations aren't that hard either, they just consume a lot of time and patience.

Anyways break time then I'll get moving on Mother Righteous. It's going to be a chore animating the glowing orbs that float around here.

SickAlice

Humble origins. I made Mother Righteous body aka "female_sinister" in one shot without a single error. I'm very pleased. I thought I was going to have to redo this ten times in the least.

SickAlice

This is a new body btw. Much of what I am always doing is thinking of things skopers and skinners do not have and could use. This is a buff female with mouth support based in Gren's She-Hulk weighted to Gren Buff males. Also it has a foot switch as you can see (this was one of the parts I thought I would have do over). On one side of the texture both flat feet mapped down (for bare feet or detailed tennis shoes) is placed, on the other side a new heel I made. A skinner can use the Alpha channel on the texture to turn each set of feet on and off at their leisure then so their character can wear flat or heeled feet without any additional parts or textures.