• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Casanovas Penciling Adventures! Not my artwork....!

Started by Blkcasanova247, March 27, 2007, 09:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Blkcasanova247

Hey there Freedom Forcers,
       What's goin' on? Casanova here just sayin' "howdy" and also wanting to share some of the things I've been working on lately. So there mostly pencils for character designs for skinning projects and a couple av revamps. So without further ado......
[spoiler][/spoiler]Revenent Redux...'bout a month or so he requested a redesign for his AV and this is what I came up with for him....

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
speakin' of Rev....these two are from a series of my vision of "Ultimate" Titans that I requested for skinning.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
This buxom beauty is for a request Yellow Lantern made for a silver age Rogue.....she comes from my facination with Pin-Up & Bond Girls. So she's like an early to mid sixties femme fatale who revels in her powers; she's a "Bad Girl" with a soft side.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
This past weekend I actually had enough courage to color something. Since my knowledge on Photoshop is pretty limited I did this in colored pencils(I haven't used this or any color medium in close to 10 years), scanned it into my system then experimented with photoshop...and this was the end result.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
And finally this was for Unle Yuan.....a little redux on his AV per a request he made.
Things I'm working on.....nothing to show yet on that front but the short list is a redesign of Casanova and Little Bird(my wife)......two team drawings; Invaders (my vision of that team) and The Original Avengers plus Cap....and My Captain America tribute. My stuff right now I know is a little static but I am branching out slowly but surely. And I've set my personal goals this year to just get better at what I love doing and have fun and look good doing it. :thumbup:  :cool:

juancho

wow wow wow
just so damn impressive BC, really, i did not know you were so talented with the pencils, its impresivve, Rev desing is quite awsome, but my favorite has to be longshot, just insane
Thanks for sharing

UnkoMan

Yeah, these are just great. And that coloured pencil Rogue? Gorgeous. You know just when to use the colour and when to leave empty space and it just looks fantastic.

Not to mention... all these designs are totally sweet. I'm jealous.

Reepicheep

Theres some pretty neat stuff in there. You are fantastic with that pencil. I'm still recovering from the amazing Captain America sketch you did a while back!

Thanks for sharing!  :thumbup:

UnfluffyBunny

Uncle Yuan

I've already gushed in PM about my own av reworking, so let me just add another hefty "wow" for all the other work done here.

BC also had an interesting little spiel to explain some of the ideas he had for UY.  I'll add it here because I think it shows some pretty cool ideas for my av design that aren't immeadiately obvious:

QuoteThe staff is a branch from the "World Tree". It is provides light, it heals, it constantly grows herbs and flowers for sustenance, it absorbs energy and it can never cause harm. It also allows him to use more of his dragon abilities and projects "The Breath of the Dragon" through his right hand.

Kitt Basher

UY redesign is absolutely amazing!  And the colors on Rouge are perfectly done in my useless opinion ... I could gush about each and every one of them, but Longshot has to be my favorite!  Great work all around.

Blkcasanova247

Thanks a lot folks.....I really appreciate your comments. :thumbup: I got a lot more work to do to get where I personally would like to be at with my artwork. More stuff coming soon! ;)

Sevenforce

O_o

Wow. Brilliant start there, cas! I love Uncle Yuan, (very busy and clean! Applause) but most of all I love Revenant. He's just such a freaking cool redesign! Wow. Oh, and your coloring start is very reminiscent of an artist whose name eludes me right now :D

Did I mention Wow? Wow.

Nice start, and can't wait to see more! Draw to your hearts content, sketch like noones watching and most of all...look after your heart! ^_^

Glitch Girl

Wow.  I'm impressed.  Those colored pencils are amazing.  And your character designs are very sharp.  Can't wait for more.

Blkcasanova247

Here's prelim pencils for Juancho's LORD JAY!
[spoiler][/spoiler]I kinda wanted to get a bit of a multi-cultural feel with the outfit. I kinda dug the whole Atlantis being the cultural hub of the know world, so I hope that's reflected in this sketch. Next stop for it will be color.....during the week. :lol: Todays agenda is to try and finish my "Artistic Challenge" Sketch....and work on a couple of more redesigns floatin' around in my skull....Glitch Girl, Renegade and Style! We'll see how the day progresses. :thumbup:

juancho

anybody seen my jaw lately?? i guess when i dropped it in awe, it flew to the other side of the world just out of excitment,
Casanova my friend, that redesing isj ust superb, really, actualyl words kinda fail me rigth now, but thank you thankyou thank you
Your are the best

Blkcasanova247

And now here comes the Renegade!
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Yeah...I made him member of Gi Joe! :thumbup: :lol:

juancho

OMG
Ok nuddyu can stop now, before i get a heart attack
then again, dotn stop, because it looks awsome, am inor heart attack wont hurt that much,ahahhaha

Now seriously, Cas that pic of renegade is way to awsome

Blkcasanova247

Thanks a lot Juan.  :D I can't stop.....I really wanna capitalize on this creative burst...see if I can keep it going. Besides which I'm having a good time doing these "Casanova'd" Avatars plus the other penciling assignments I'm givin' myself....doing these AV's though is really keeping me motivated. :cool:

Reepicheep

Damn, they look so... perfect!

I love them! Well done!

The Hitman

These are AMAZING, Cassanova! I'm seriously in awe of your work. Great Job!

Qwazy

it seems sooo long since ive seen any pencilled artwork around.......

very impressive :)

Blkcasanova247

Ladies and Gentelmen....Boys and Girls...I give you the only superhero endorsed by a MLB team...the one the only.....STYLEv2
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Sporting new C6 tech! Gauntlets give him all the abilities he previously possessed plus the ability to create an "energy" bat and ball. And new protective body armor!

style

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charmed

Wow! This is great SPECTACULAR work! Are you taking requests?

Courtnall6

QuoteSporting new C6 tech!

Whoa! My tech was stolen....again!! It may be time I started my own Armor War! :P

Cool pics Cas! :cool:

Blkcasanova247

Quote from: Courtnall6 on April 08, 2007, 04:14:43 PM
QuoteSporting new C6 tech!

Whoa! My tech was stolen....again!! It may be time I started my own Armor War! :P

Cool pics Cas! :cool:
Indeed...C6 armorwars......that gives me an idea. :rolleyes: And thanks alot Court...comin' from you that means a lot! :D :thumbup:

Quote from: Charmed on April 08, 2007, 03:58:56 PM
Wow! This is great SPECTACULAR work! Are you taking requests?
Well...possibly after I work out some other projects I'm workin' on...keep your eye's opened Charmed!
Quote from: style on April 08, 2007, 03:57:16 PM
:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My brother I'm glad you like it...but careful C6 might wanna confiscate that new tech I gave ya. :lol: Now on to makin'.....scones?

gdaybloke

juancho

I prefer waffles if u dont mind, or maybe pancakes... ahahhahaha  :P

Really insane job cas, u know i am in lovewith the way your pencils work, its just pretty awsome
i would love if u post the color scheme of your designs, i need to recreate your work in my micro style, just to worship you

UnfluffyBunny

very nice work, this is turning into one of my fave threads to browse :)

Figure Fan

*Trapped in a bubble of amazement*

Like..wow..

Style's redesign is one of the coolest concepts I've seen in a while. Nice job! Please, keep drawing.

Alphanaut

Man, these are intense! I'm just itchin' to skin some of them... In fact, I think I might just try and skin Style...

UnkoMan

Yeah, geezy louizey. That's some impressive stuff.

Blkcasanova247

Quote from: Alphanaut on April 09, 2007, 11:45:18 AM
Man, these are intense! I'm just itchin' to skin some of them... In fact, I think I might just try and skin Style...
I'm sure Style would appreciate that. I'll try to get some color scheme's posted soon. :thumbup:

|