• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Casanovas Penciling Adventures! Not my artwork....!

Started by Blkcasanova247, March 27, 2007, 09:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Uncle Yuan

I concur, Reep.  That's a really nice job.  I'm no artist, but I woudn't have known that you were a "novice" if you hadn't said anything.

Blkcasanova247

More will be shown...soon! I'm working on a couple of projects for some folks, getting my piece together for this years FR calendar, trying to get myself aclimated to my brand new pen tablet, beginning to learn 3ds Max and Photoshop, practice...practice...practice and....oh yeah...working on my very first "MOD"! :thumbup: I'm a busy boy right now between work and all this....I think my wife might leave me. :( :unsure: NAH! That woman is completely sprung on The Casanova!  :P ;) You know what...screw it!.....He's a little firstlook at one of the character redesigns....I'll reveal nothing else ;) .........I give you

[spoiler]El Diablo!
[/spoiler]
Stay tuned in 2008! :thumbup:

Uncle Yuan

:eek2:

Holy cow, is that cool!  El D has always been one of my favorite FF characters.  I love the smirk - very Ricardo!

juancho

Just beyond awsome!!!
as i told you before, just lovely ^_^

Reepicheep

C4

I prefer the clean shaven version. Though it still looks cool.

Blkcasanova247

Hey ya'll,
         So I finished my calendar piece a couple of weeks ago I figured I share with you at least the pencil version. I really pushed my self with this drawing and am happy with the results. So here goes.....

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Carravagio...Triumphant!
Or Carravagio just beat the tar out of a whole bunch of Courtnall6's from all over time. My collabortator Afghan Ant did a beautiful color job on this. So check out the calendar folks. I can't wait till 2008 to work on the next one.

zuludelta

It shows a marked improvement from the anatomy of your earlier work. Still, you might want to take up figure drawing just to get your fundamentals down. If you can't convince any of your friends or relatives to pose for you, you can try drawing from photographs or from a mirror.

Blkcasanova247

Thanks Zulu for the compliment and the critique. I've actually started doing the latter of your suggestions.....I've been "striking a pose" in front of my bedroom mirror and also taking some really bad pictures of my self and begging my wife to do the same for some quick sketches. This piece I just drew from my head with no reference at all....I was just feelin' it y'know. I was struggling with several ideas...none of which made me happy then I drew a boot and worked the piece backward...go figure. There are several things I would correct now after looking at it with fresh eyes...but I'm still happy...which is more than I can say for a lot of the stuff that ended up in my recycling bin! :P Next are character designs and load screens for C4's new mod...some more forum member redesigns...top of my list being GGiant and a new version of Style that I'm itching to sketch...and character redisgns for my own FF mod. Oh and "Casanova's Fight Club"?

juancho

as I told you on PM, in my zero artistic knowledge point of view, thatp ic is just superb :D

Congrats dude

Uncle Yuan

Frank drawing aside, it's the little design touches I love - CV in the Victorian style suit with the soul patch, all the little C6 emblems worked into the various manifestations, the tributes to the various comic archetypes, especially the war/flying aces genre.  (You need to work in a Doc Savage/Shadow style pulp fiction hero, though!)

Very, very cool stuff!

Mystik

any chance you'll be doing anymore ultimate dc designs?

Blkcasanova247

Yep...coming soon Ultimate "Teen" Titans (not to be confused with the Ult.Titans designs I did that are characters in there early twenties, these are all new characters), Ultimate Trigon, Ultimate Deathstroke, Ultimate Justice League and Ultimate Fearsome Five. ;)

Blkcasanova247

So here is one more from me.....I skoped and sketched this guy at the same time and he's my opening salvo to "Ultimate Justice League"; inspired by "Ultimate Titans" I drew and skoped some time ago. Carter Hall....."Ultimate Warhawk"!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Next up....whenever time allows...Wonder Woman..Queen of the Amazons!

Blkcasanova247

Wow...It's been a while since I posted. So...there are a couple of characters that I've never drawn..Batman being amongst them. But today I started drawing 2 versions....one for Mystik's planned Ultimate Mod and this one for my own reimagined DCU. So here's my vision of the Batman...member of the Justice League and leader of the League of Shadows.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Next will be Superman and a redone Warhawk.

Figure Fan

This is a really sleek design. I like it. I like the mask too.

The fact that the tips of the boots have that fang-like design makes me love this.

Any chance we'll see colors?

Blkcasanova247

UnkoMan

Amazing design. The helmet is so inricate, and a little bit creepy.

I can't wait to see the rest.

Mystik

very nice can't wait to see what you got 4 me

do you have any bios for these designs ( I'm curious)

Blkcasanova247

Thanks guys and I definitely have some bios for them. :thumbup:

Blkcasanova247

Feeling a little inspired these days after being a little burnt out from other things so I did an AV redesign for yours truly and the little woman. ;)

Doctor TOC

Holy moley! :panice This thread has been amazing just to see your progression as an artist and a designer. Great work!

Deaths Jester

I'm normally not known for colouring but I couldn't help but want to try colouring Casa's Yellow Lantern pic...here's how it turned out.

Couldn't have done it without Casa's work though..so it's all his!

Dr.Volt

Hey Casanova, AMAZING work!  Love all these pencil draws.  Nice details.  Btw, I love the escrema pose with the female.  I know shameful, but I don't know who she is?  Is she and iconic character from one of the big Two?

Blkcasanova247

YOU DON'T KNOW WHO SHE IS? Mein Gott! She's only like the greatest espionage agent EVER! :P No I'm kidding...you wouldn't know her. She's the superspy version of my wife. And nice color job Jester. I'm sure Gabe will be happy to see his AV finally colored! ;) Thanks alot my man. :thumbup:

Blkcasanova247

Not my art but I just wanted to show it off! :P ^_^ Just a little sumthn sumthn that I just got from DC artist extrodinaire and all around great guy Matthew Clark! ;)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

AfghanAnt

Awesome sketch and is Clark the guy who draws (drew) the Outsiders?

Blkcasanova247

MJB

|