• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

C6 Skins - On Safari!

Started by Courtnall6, February 12, 2007, 06:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Carravaggio

wow...you really do spoil us, Court.
Seeing them all together like that is very impressive.
And I concur, making the ZIP files is the worst part of the skinning gig, and the part that slows me down the most.

Figure Fan

Yeah, everything I know about color just went careening into my computer screen. Nice updates, Court.

I don't remember seeing that Dr. Fate. He's definitely my favorite of the bunch!!

Jakew

Podmark

Cool stuff Courtnall, looking forward to these.

kssaints

Amazing work oh great master of the skins. The color and detail are great. I can hardly wait to get them myself.

laughing paradox

Great skins.

The Magneto skin really jumped out for me in the whole group. It looks phenomenal. I love the Green Goblin's facial expression, too.

I was wondering, C6, if you ever contemplated doing the female Legion of Super-Heroes members. The two packs on Renegade's site are phenomenal.

bat1987

..Looks at the picture...faints!
...Wakes up...superb work :thumbup:

Xenolith

First, all very impressive.  Your Green Goblin and Hobgoblin stand out.

Second, have you ever tried putting eyes on Iron Man?  I remember all those great John Romita, Jr. & Bob Layton Iron Man comics from the '80s when they sometimes drew Tony's eyes looking out from the mask.  Maybe that would be tough to do?  I'm not asking you to do it, I'm just wondering how hard that would be.  I have an armored character I've been working on and I can't pull it off, but I'm not C6, either.   :)

Podmark

I always hated it when you could see Iron Man's eyes through the mask. Made him look week to me.

Xenolith

I kind of like it.  I thought Colon could pull it off, as did JR, Jr.  They normally did it when Iron Man was in trouble (or so it seemed to me), so I guess you are right, Podmark.  I haven't read an Iron Man comic in a long time, so I'm not sure if its even an artistic key anymore.  Heck, maybe I'm not even remembering who did it.  Maybe it was Tuska.  Oh, well.

Courtnall6

Quote from: Xenolith on November 05, 2007, 06:46:32 PM
First, all very impressive.  Your Green Goblin and Hobgoblin stand out.

Second, have you ever tried putting eyes on Iron Man?  I remember all those great John Romita, Jr. & Bob Layton Iron Man comics from the '80s when they sometimes drew Tony's eyes looking out from the mask.  Maybe that would be tough to do?  I'm not asking you to do it, I'm just wondering how hard that would be.  I have an armored character I've been working on and I can't pull it off, but I'm not C6, either.   :)

It's not that hard at all. I'm just not a fan of seeing his eyes too often either.

Xenolith

I guess I'll just be in the minority...I think that looks really good.   :lol:

Mystik

hey court did you ever skin juggernaut on the mesh by Abdul "War Destroyer" Brown

Courtnall6

Quote from: Thor Reborn on November 05, 2007, 10:09:59 PM
hey court did you ever skin juggernaut on the mesh by Abdul "War Destroyer" Brown

Yes...many, many, many, many moons ago when I was still just learning how to skin. I used his original skin as a guide and added my own colour and muscle base ( not the flesh...that's all Abdul's).

Man, that was a long time ago! :blink:

Carravaggio

Quote from: Xenolith on November 05, 2007, 08:32:33 PM
I guess I'll just be in the minority...I think that looks really good.   :lol:

Yeah me too i always remember tony with his eyes showing. the newer glowing eyes iron man armour makes him look too inhuman.

Outcast

Awesome updates C6. Can't wait to download all of them and try them out in Ctool.  :D

Nice work with Ironman's eyes as well. Sometimes, it looks good on him. I think it makes him more authentic. :P Straight out from the comic books. It reminded me of some of the old Ironman comics i used to read when i was kid.  ^_^

cripp12

Hi Court,
Have you released your latest creations. I can't find them. I have to put all of your hosted sites together. How many do you have without the yahoo groups.

daerdevil

Quote from: Podmark on November 05, 2007, 06:58:29 PM
I always hated it when you could see Iron Man's eyes through the mask. Made him look week to me.

I think that was the point.  Tony Stark was always a weak man.  It was the suit that made him strong.  Anyways I digress.  Great job on everything, as always, especially Ironman.

yell0w_lantern

I actually like being able to see his eyes because it gives a point of reference for the reader to identify with the human inside the suit.

the_ultimate_evil

i think the eyes argument all depends on the armour that is being used, it works for some but looks terrible for others

Courtnall6

Quote from: cripp12 on November 06, 2007, 07:55:42 AM
Hi Court,
Have you released your latest creations. I can't find them. I have to put all of your hosted sites together. How many do you have without the yahoo groups.

Not yet...still doing portraits, readme files, and zips :banghead:.

Gren also uploaded the new Hawkeye_V2 to his 15th group so I can use that mesh now :D.

As for Ironman eyes...I don't mind seeing them when zoomed in but they should be blacked out otherwise.

style

I Actually like seeing the eyes! I think it does give him a human aspect! :thumbup: Perfect work C!  :thumbup:

Spe-Dog

As always I am just in awe.  You are an inspiration, sir.

Gokou

Very nice updates C6, you're work is always great. :thumbup:

daglob

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on November 06, 2007, 11:03:20 AM
i think the eyes argument all depends on the armour that is being used, it works for some but looks terrible for others

I think it depends on the artist; some can do it, some can't. Some know when to show the eyes, some don't. I'd study Colan, Adams, and a couple of others before I ever tried to do the series.

As to Tony Stark's character, that depends on who is writing him. Stark has done the patented "useless playboy" schtick for years, despite the fact that he was developing high-tech armaments and technology to defend the country (see S.H.I.E.L.D.). It was usually Iron Man that got in the  way, caused him to miss deadlines, lose contract, lose girlfriends, and so on. "Iron Man" was more of a soap opera than any other Marvel comic, and it suffered at times for that. Angst is one thing...
Now the character is just being ruined for ruination's sake.

crocodamon

amazing work, when you will release them?

Tomato

Quote from: crocodamon on November 08, 2007, 02:46:06 PM
amazing work, when you will release them?

Quote from: Courtnall6 on November 06, 2007, 03:40:03 PM
Quote from: cripp12 on November 06, 2007, 07:55:42 AM
Hi Court,

Not yet...still doing portraits, readme files, and zips :banghead:.

Gren also uploaded the new Hawkeye_V2 to his 15th group so I can use that mesh now :D.

As for Ironman eyes...I don't mind seeing them when zoomed in but they should be blacked out otherwise.

*sigh* Do I have to say anything?

GGiant

Hey Courtnall6,

Well I was just wondering if you created any Thor skins for the mesh by beyonder or tommyboy.
Just wondering...........just wondering. :mellow:

Mystik

spiderman29574

Quote from: Courtnall6 on August 05, 2007, 01:26:57 PM
Since Carnage is all new and shinny...

Quoteoh man...you REALLY need to start giving out tips on how you do your highlights.  I'm really, really digging the "crisp line" style you've been using for them lately.

It's called the line tool :P

QuoteBut is he so old in Superman: Red Son??

No greying hair and no wrinkles. Does he really look that old?

I'd say he's older...

whats the file name of the spidy with the small eyes?

|