• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Megatallica's Skins - DID Someone say Mutant X?

Started by Megatallica, November 28, 2008, 06:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megatallica

electro

Podmark

Well the first thing I'd suggest is trying to match the yellow of the boot and glove cuffs to the yellow of the body, unless you are removing them. It's a good start though.

djfredski

Megatallica

Thanks alot pod, yea as you can just couldnt wait any longer  :lol:
im learn how to attach parts, then i want to find a more smoother arm cuff for a replacement. also want to add a belt.
Ive removed the collar and moved the cape to remove a gap.
And now im so happy, cause i found out how to scope parts onto meshes, and ive added a belt :D
btw pod, what were you gonna add to your scope?

Podmark

Quote from: Megatallica on November 29, 2008, 01:02:07 AM
btw pod, what were you gonna add to your scope?

I posted images of my Morphs over in my thread, so you can check that out there.

Your skin is coming along, I'd suggest trying to increase the contrast on the costume parts. It will make the muscles stand out a little better and give the body some more definition.

Megatallica

well here is probably the finished product, still finishing up so things
I justed tested it in 3rd reich, and for some reason it glitches sometimes and the body stops animating and stays frozen as he moves, anyone know the problem?

laughing paradox

Firstly, your skin looks really good.

Secondly, for the seams, there are a few different techniques.

You can find Unkoman's technique on seams here: http://frworld.wikispaces.com/Simple+Seams

Murs also has a good one that is posted in this very forum, in the thread on the top that is called Skinning Tips and Tutorials.

Podmark

Quote from: Megatallica on November 29, 2008, 02:50:30 PM
I justed tested it in 3rd reich, and for some reason it glitches sometimes and the body stops animating and stays frozen as he moves, anyone know the problem?

Did you convert the keyframes? I don't if that is related to the problem but I know the shapeshifting meshes always needed their keyframes converted.

The skin looks good. I love Morph, fun character so it's great to see more skins of him done. If you're interested in improving your work we have lots of tutorials listed above that can help, and feel free to ask any questions you got. It's always nice to have a new skinner around.

Megatallica

found the problem, its not anything i did  :thumbup:
its apart of syns mesh, when you use clone self special, either you or your clone will have the glitch
thanks for tutorials ppl

Megatallica

does anyone who is really good at scoping help me, im ready to release the skin but  im tring to scope the mesh, evertime i try to replace the forearm cuffs, either i get it in the right position when adding the branch to the forearm and the problem is when morph goes into dodge or active defence the glove is still visible,
and the belt i also driving me crazy. :banghead:

or i add in to the already made glove branch delete the curent mesh entry and it is imposibvle to reposition the new glove mesh into the right poition.
so i need a profesional, after 2 hours of trying to sort this problem, it occured to me that i could do the first method, and find a way to make it invisible
please will someone take a shot at this for me, i will really appriciate it. :D

Podmark

There's a thread in the hexing forum by Johnny_Patches that discusses how to do shapeshifter properly. Have you looked at that yet?

Megatallica

well i looked at it, it wasnt much of a help
ive decided to remove the cuffs
how does it look
i also managed to fix the belt problem

Megatallica

well, ive decided to leave the cuffs on :lol:

Just One thing, does syn allow scoping and attached meshes with skin releases?

Oh and something else i wanted to show you guys, i made this some time ago, im not releasing it though  :D

I love how the helmets eyes looks like the jaffas helmet :thumbup:

UnkoMan

I like that face on Morph. It's a solid early skin. Maybe add some of the brighter highlights you've got in the orange onto the cuffs.

AfghanAnt

I like Morph but it is bugging me the inconsistency with your work. For example your Dragon Ball Z skins are of really high quality as is Jaffas (?) but Morp is just "bleh" in comparison. I do like his face a lot though it looks like Califore work a lot.

Megatallica

I Know What you Mean AA, I tried my best with morph maybe the problem is  low polygons with the mesh, but like i said im not really sure.....
and thanks for the info anko man, ill add some highlights now.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Megatallica on December 01, 2008, 06:20:41 PM
I Know What you Mean AA, I tried my best with morph maybe the problem is  low polygons with the mesh, but like i said im not really sure.....

Are the Dragon Ball Z meshes high poly? I thought you did some good on those and I'm 100% they were based on male_basic which is what Morph is based on.

Megatallica

Its wierd I just checked, They are both too simular, so it cant be a poly problem,
can you do me a favor AA and take a look at the skin.

laughing paradox

That Egyptian skin looks sick. Good job, man.

Lunarman

Wow! That robots Egyptian is awesomesauceome!

Megatallica

well since you guys like it so much, heres some info, its actually a model from unreal tournament 2003, 3dmaster ported the mesh, you can go get it from one of his groups. The original skin is very simular to this one, which is why im not releasing it.

Zippo

I think the difference between the morph skin and DBZ skins is that morph is generally more cartoony, with less definition. The DBZ characters all have rippling muscles, and loose clothing, which creates more shadows and contrast. Morph is a lot more smooth, and he's not really a hulking behemoth most of the time.

I would try to work on your highlights and shadows a little with your morph skin, maybe try out using blue to shade the white on his face and see how that works out, it tends to make things look a little more crisp and *pop* a little more. Check out C6 or Afghan Ant's skins for examples of what I mean by that.
I might also try to just tweak the blue and yellow colours a little bit, but that's just my opinion.

But overall, it's looking good, I like the expression. Hopefully my suggestions are useful, but feel free to disregard them all completely, it is your skin after all  :D

Megatallica

well i got the thumbs up, im going post the skin and skope just a soon as i finished some small touch ups, + im includoing 3 meshes just incase you want the cuffs, or just want the boot cuff. :thumbup:

Megatallica

I Have just release the skin , You Can Grab it for the Group on my sig, and i was doing abit of expirementing and the skin is infact crisp just the mesh doesnt flatter it that much, so you could use male cape if you wanted instead, next up i might be updating my mutant X Captain Amaerca Skin

Megatallica

Well Ive just Finished UPdating my Mutant X Captain America, once im done some touch ups i will release it, so what you guys think?

martialstorm

Looks really good, just waiting for him to Hulk out ;)

djfredski