• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

C6 Skins - On Safari!

Started by Courtnall6, February 12, 2007, 06:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

yell0w_lantern

Quote from: ips on June 13, 2008, 08:39:01 AM
nice work. hey what mesh are you using for storm?
I'm wondering that myself. It's hard to tell from the pic but that doesn't look like Ink-style hair.

YoungHeros

Quote from: Courtnall6 on June 12, 2008, 06:39:17 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Wasn't Jean Grey/Phoenix a part of a team like this(just curious ^_^)

Looks looks fantastic btw!

miguelyanke

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on June 13, 2008, 09:20:55 AM
I'm wondering that myself. It's hard to tell from the pic but that doesn't look like Ink-style hair.

Surprise! ^_^

Love all of 'em, but i think  there are a banshee/vertes (don't remember the real author) that did a more "classic" look mesh for banshee.... if someone could send to you, i think it coyuld be greater... if not, let me sent you a new skope for him

Sr.Cabeza

Quote from: YoungHeros on June 13, 2008, 09:22:50 AM
Quote from: Courtnall6 on June 12, 2008, 06:39:17 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Wasn’t Jean Grey/Phoenix a part of a team like this(just curious ^_^)

Looks looks fantastic btw!

Hi, I think the new team assembled for Giant Size X-Men #1 was the one depicted in the image (just Sunfire missing, as some of you hinted). The rest of the classic team also appeared in that issue, including Jean as Marvel Girl, but they weren't "technically" a part of the new X-Men. In fact if one wants to be @n@l you could even say Havok and Polaris shouldn't be in the photo either (not that I'm complainig or anything  :P)

Wonderful skins, by the way. Can't wait to test them against some sentinels  :)

Courtnall6

Storm is on miguelyanke's all in one Storm skope. The cape was alpha cut to look like her original cap is slung back over her shoulders.

Quote from: AfghanAnt on June 13, 2008, 09:17:10 AM
What new Marvel Girl/Phoenix love? But seriously how do you have time to do these so quickly?

When I get into a skinning groove...like I have been in the last couple of weeks...I just seem to fly through them that much faster.

Courtnall6

Ok here we go...

First up is a updated pic for the All New-All-Different team with Sunfire and Cyclops moved to miguels' all in one Cyclops skope.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Here's another cross post seeing as Ren just released some new meshes :thumbup:

Ultimate WWII Cap and Bucky Cap

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Here's Wartorn Cap. This originally started with just a banged up shield but then it quickly grew from there lol. Both clean and dirty Caps come with alternate red pouches.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Podmark

miguelyanke

ahhahha I WANT THIS DIRTY VERSION!!!! XD!!!!

AA, Did i sent you my sunfire_aio_skope?... I'm still working on it...

XPTO

bat1987

That Bucky Cap looks like he jumped right out of the comic! Superb!  :thumbup:

The Wartorn Cap is one of the most detailed skins I`ve ever seen!  :o

apfarmakis

Dude, when you're in the groove, you're IN THE GROOVE. Those X-skins are just awesome and I especially like classic Polaris (she was going simply by Lorna Dane then) and Storm.

But, what about giving some C6 attention to the group that (possibly) served as the (arguable) inspration for the original X-Men: the Doom Patrol (Robotman, the Chief, Negative Man and Elasti-Girl)? All the X-folks have had the benefit of your talent with very few exceptions but these hard-luck heroes have never had if I recall. C6 Doom Patrol: now, THAT would be awesome.

Just a thought.

herodad1

i'm  excited about that colossus.if thats going to be his mesh height in game i'm in heaven.thats how big proportion wise to the other characters i think he should be.i always liked the original thunderbird also.man...now i'm going to be magnetically drawn to my computer again like i was looking for the thing.i'm already feeling the pull.

Courtnall6

Thanks for the feedback :cool:

Quote from: apfarmakis on June 14, 2008, 05:21:02 AM
Dude, when you're in the groove, you're IN THE GROOVE. Those X-skins are just awesome and I especially like classic Polaris (she was going simply by Lorna Dane then) and Storm.

But, what about giving some C6 attention to the group that (possibly) served as the (arguable) inspration for the original X-Men: the Doom Patrol (Robotman, the Chief, Negative Man and Elasti-Girl)? All the X-folks have had the benefit of your talent with very few exceptions but these hard-luck heroes have never had if I recall. C6 Doom Patrol: now, THAT would be awesome.

Just a thought.

Doom Patrol...never had much interest in them...I'll keep'em in mind anyway.

Quote from: herodad1 on June 14, 2008, 06:02:57 AM
i'm  excited about that colossus.if thats going to be his mesh height in game i'm in heaven.thats how big proportion wise to the other characters i think he should be.i always liked the original thunderbird also.man...now i'm going to be magnetically drawn to my computer again like i was looking for the thing.i'm already feeling the pull.

He's on Gren's Classic Colossus mesh so he's not that tall I'm afraid. :(

herodad1

captmorgan72

I would like to thank the makers of the Captain America Bucky skin/mesh for making me spit coffee all over my monitor. I was checking out his power1 animation and had a mouthful of coffee and couldn't contain my laughter.  :lol:

captmorgan72

Guess it should be mentioned that this animation is in all the cap meshes but it's sort of a inside joke for those that are aware of the complaints of the new cap costume with the red, white and blue pointing to his groin.

johncostantine78

C6, there is any news upon your old  Marvel skin (previously hosted on Gamma Patrol site)? Some times ago, I read that you located them soon at Toybox...

miguelyanke

Renegade

Quote from: johncostantine78 on June 14, 2008, 09:34:29 AM
C6, there is any news upon your old  Marvel skin (previously hosted on Gamma Patrol site)? Some times ago, I read that you located them soon at Toybox...

Just one of those  things I haven't gotten around to taking care of yet.

style

Quote from: Renegade on June 15, 2008, 02:28:33 PM
Quote from: johncostantine78 on June 14, 2008, 09:34:29 AM

Just one of those  things I haven't gotten around to taking care of yet.

<_< uh huh  :P

USAgent

Fantastic work on these X-men skins C6, but I am really blown away on all the Captain America skins you made for Ren's meshes. The one that comes to mind especially is the WWII Ultimate Cap skin, I can not believe all the little detail you put in on that skin and all his accessories. The buttons on his shirt fap, the flaps on his pouches, the great looking canteen (which saved his but on the war torn skin!), And that gun is perfect with the wood pieces (great texture) and that bolt action on the top (and it really is a Thompson submachine gun). And even though these little details can't be seen during game play, just know they are there give the battles a "cool" feeling. Plus those close up screen shots look fantastic.

There is only one tiny thing that doesnt look quite right with the Warpath skin, its the top of his "boot cuff things". His leg just kinda runs in the solid red top of the boot cuffs, it just don't blend right.  But I am guessing its a mesh limitation and there isn't much that you can do with it.
But other than that, everything you have been making is crisp yet smooth and just darn right pleasing to look at.

And I love the idea that the last thing Nazis see before getting kicked inthe face by WWII Cap is "made in the USA"!

Courtnall6

Quote from: USAgent on June 16, 2008, 04:08:04 PM
Fantastic work on these X-men skins C6, but I am really blown away on all the Captain America skins you made for Ren's meshes. The one that comes to mind especially is the WWII Ultimate Cap skin, I can not believe all the little detail you put in on that skin and all his accessories. The buttons on his shirt fap, the flaps on his pouches, the great looking canteen (which saved his but on the war torn skin!), And that gun is perfect with the wood pieces (great texture) and that bolt action on the top (and it really is a Thompson submachine gun). And even though these little details can't be seen during game play, just know they are there give the battles a "cool" feeling. Plus those close up screen shots look fantastic.

There is only one tiny thing that doesnt look quite right with the Warpath skin, its the top of his "boot cuff things". His leg just kinda runs in the solid red top of the boot cuffs, it just don't blend right.  But I am guessing its a mesh limitation and there isn't much that you can do with it.
But other than that, everything you have been making is crisp yet smooth and just darn right pleasing to look at.

And I love the idea that the last thing Nazis see before getting kicked inthe face by WWII Cap is "made in the USA"!

If I can find good reference pics...I'll detail the hell out of a skin!

Ten points to whomever can read what's on Caps Tommy gun! :P

The_Baroness

"this is Cap's Thompson Machine Gun" "yes it really...." and i cant read the next thing :P

captmorgan72

this is Cap's Thompson Machine Gun yes it really really is.

docdelorean88

This is Caps Thompson        Yes it Really
(    ?  ) Machine Gun              Really is

What is in front of machine gun? because the writing is way too long to just spell machine.

Previsionary

Not to threadjack or anything, but since you skinned the X-men, I just want to point out the 90s series has just begun airing on jetix again. You see...c6 skins them and the show comes back on the air. C6 IS MAGICZZZ!  :lol:

Courtnall6

Quote from: docdelorean88 on June 16, 2008, 06:29:49 PM
This is Caps Thompson        Yes it Really
(    ?  ) Machine Gun              Really is

What is in front of machine gun? because the writing is way too long to just spell machine.

(Sub)

9 points for docdelorean88 and captmorgan72...7 points for  The_Baroness. :P

Quote from: Previsionary on June 16, 2008, 07:01:29 PM
Not to threadjack or anything, but since you skinned the X-men, I just want to point out the 90s series has just begun airing on jetix again. You see...c6 skins them and the show comes back on the air. C6 IS MAGICZZZ!  :lol:

Coincidence. Yes...coincidence...

docdelorean88

Woohoo! I'm (tied for) #1!I'm (tied for) #1!I'm (tied for) #1!
Ok, Self gloated Cheering over, what is it?

murs47

|