News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Any Help on Hard to Find Digital Comics?

Started by yell0w_lantern, April 30, 2015, 04:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yell0w_lantern

I'm looking at making the move to a tablet primarily for books and comic books.  I will probbaly get Windows or Android based; no Apple (it's an old dislike).

I have tracked down legal sources for Gold Key Scooby Doo and Looney Toons. Great!  I will be buying those.  I also found a bunch of public domain comics.

What I really want to find now are digital versions of Hannah Barbera comics, Mighty Mouse, Tarzan, Flash Gordon, old Walt Dinsey Comics, and so on.  Anyone know where to find them?
Yellow Lantern smash!

JeyNyce

Have you tried comixology?  I know that they have some Looney Tune comics from 1994

Also if you are looking for some really old books, it made be hard because some of them may not have been digitize legally.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

yell0w_lantern

I have not tried comixology.  They are more of a cloud service?  I prefer to have the actual files and not be dependent on an internet connection as I distrust wireless and still believe in owning things.  :(

[EDIT]
Not much of what I am looking for at Comixology.
Yellow Lantern smash!

JeyNyce

How comixology works is that you buy the book, it stays on their server until you download it to read it on your tablet or phone.  If you're on your PC, you read it from their site (no downloading).  Do you want to have it as a file, so you can save it on a DVD or something?
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

yell0w_lantern

I only use a land line for DSL and would want the files to shuffle around on micro-sd and read on a tablet.

I didn't see anything on Comixology, really.  I'm looking for old licensed properties for which Gold Key/Whitman was well known.
Yellow Lantern smash!

Silver Shocker

On a slightly-off topic note, some Comixology comics let you save a PDF file. That's a more recent feature and I admittedly haven't tried it out yet.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa