News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 4

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, October 20, 2014, 01:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Ah, I was misremembering Lead.  I'll have to redo both the Environment and the Rat's turns.  Same cards, just redo the damage calc.  Which I'll do first thing in the morning.  Good night everyone.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Reepicheep

Whats the value in remaining infected versus destroying all the infection cards this round, since Plague Rat is now Filthy Vermin? Would we need to get rid of that infection in his hand as well?

Uncle Yuan

Plague Rat only checks for flip conditions at the start of his turn, so we have to endure the infection for one more round.  I'm also not sure what you mean about the infection still in his hand.  There are only 5 Infection cards and they are all out.

As for value, we pick up two powers.  1) We can attack another hero for 3 and heal for 3.  2) deal yourself 5 toxic and destroy an infection.  Otherwise, the only one who benefits is Plague Rat.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Deaths Jester

Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Reepicheep

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on November 21, 2014, 10:44:55 AM
Plague Rat only checks for flip conditions at the start of his turn, so we have to endure the infection for one more round.  I'm also not sure what you mean about the infection still in his hand.  There are only 5 Infection cards and they are all out.

As for value, we pick up two powers.  1) We can attack another hero for 3 and heal for 3.  2) deal yourself 5 toxic and destroy an infection.  Otherwise, the only one who benefits is Plague Rat.

My bad - mistook the in play spoiler for in hand. Forgot we can't actually see the villain's draws. Nor that the villain even has a hand.

Got you. I be learning. I was wondering if there was any tactical advantage in having those powers, particularly the first one, but I don't see that kind of sacrifice coming in handy when none of us are in any particular emergency.

Deaths Jester

*looks around* Hmmm...cat seems to be off gallivanting in the alley again...wonder what evil I can get up too....j/k.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Villains and the Environment doesn't have a hand and doesn't draw cards.  I just play the top one from the deck and follow all instructions on all cards in play.

And I'm a horrible procrastinator when it comes to something I consider annoying, like trying to untangle and redo that turn.  As it turns out, not much changes.  Visionary, Expat, and Wraith take 3 more damage, while Omni-X's armor allows him to simply ignore all of it (since one of the vats is turning all damage to Toxic and all Toxic damage is -2 against him)

Expat draws 2 cards

Spoiler

Liquid Nitrogen Rounds: Equipment,Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.Change that card's Damage type to Cold. After that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn. After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Liquid Nitrogen Rounds: Equipment,Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.Change that card's Damage type to Cold. After that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn. After that Power is used, destroy this card.

It is now Wraith's turn.  At the beginning of her turn, Wraith deals herself 2 points of damage due to Infection.

Effects in play:
Whenever a hero plays a card, he takes 1 point of damage
Plague rat heals based on number of Infected heroes
If Expat would be deal 3 or more damage, prevent it
All damage reduced by 1
All damage increased by 1 and turned into Toxic

Side:Plaguebearer
Spoiler

Side A--Plaguebearer
At the start of the Villain turn, if all active Heroes are Infected, flip Plague Rat's Villain Character card. Whenever a card named Infection is destroyed, Plague Rat deals each Hero Target (H) Toxic Damage.At the end of the Villain turn, Plague Rat deals each Hero Target 1 Irreducible Melee Damage.

Side B--Filthy Vermin
At the start of the Villain turn, Plague Rat deals each Infected Hero 2 Toxic Damage.At the start of the Villain turn, if any active Heroes are not Infected, flip Plague Rat's Villain Character card.Infected Heroes have these powers:Power: Your Hero deals a Hero Target 3 Toxic Damage. Your Hero regains 3 HP.Power: Your Hero deals themself (H) Toxic Damage. Destroy a card named Infection.At the end of the Villain turn, Plague Rat deals each Hero Target 1 Irreducible Melee Damage.
HP: 76 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
Infection--Legacy, Wraith, Expatriette, Omnitron-X, Legacy
Spoiler

Infection: Ongoing--When this card is played, if all active Heroes are Infected, discard this card and play the top card of the Villain deck. Play this card next to an active Hero who is not Infected. That Hero is Infected. At the start of that Hero's turn, they deal themselves 1 Irreducible Toxic Damage.

HP: 13
Available Powers:
Load: Play a card
Submachine Gun: Expatriette deals each non-Hero Target 1 Projectile Damage.Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time. Cards in Play: Submachine Gun, Flak Jacket
Assault Rifle: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

In Play: Submachine Gun, Assault Rifle, Flack Jacket, Hollow Poins(Submachine Gun)
Spoiler

Hollow Points: Equipment, Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.  Increase the Damage of that card's Power by 2.  After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Submachine Gun: Equipment,Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals each non-Hero Target 1 Projectile Damage.Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Flak Jacket:Equipment, Limited--If Expatriette would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, prevent all of it and destroy this card.

Hand:
Spoiler

RPG Launcher: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. If you do, Expatriette deals up to 2 Targets 2 Fire Damage each.
Reload:One-Shot--Take an Ammo card from your trash and put it into play or into your hand.
Quick Draw: One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either "Pride" or "Prejudice" and put it into play.If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.
Quick Draw: One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either "Pride" or "Prejudice" and put it into play.If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.

HP: 9 Lowest Hero Target[
Available Powers:
Sleuth: Reveal the top card of the Environment deck.  Discard it or play it.
Infrared Eyepiece: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Stun Bolt: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.

In Play: Inrared Eyepiece, Stun Bolt, Utiity Belt
Spoiler

Utility Belt: Equipment, Limited--You may use an additional power during your power phase.
Infrared Eyepiece: Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Stun Bolt: Equipment--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.

Hand:
Spoiler

Throat Jab:One-Shot--The Wraith deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. The Target dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.
Inventory Barrage: One-Shot--Destroy all of your Equipment cards. The Wraith deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed this way.
Combat Stance:Ongoing,Limited--The first time The Wraith is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, The Wraith deals that Target 2 Melee Damage.
Combat Stance:Ongoing,Limited--The first time The Wraith is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, The Wraith deals that Target 2 Melee Damage.
Grappling Hook:One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. You may draw a card.
Trust Fund:One-Shot--Draw 4 cards, then discard 2 cards.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment, Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP. Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.
Stun Bolt: Equipment--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.
Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment,Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.

HP: 15
Available Powers
Enlighten: 1 Player draws 2 cards then discards 1 card.
Mental Divergence: Destroy 1 Ongoing card, or take 1 Ongoing card from a Hero trash and put it on top of that Hero's deck.

In Play: Mental Divergence
Spoiler

Mental Divergence: Ongoing,Limited--Power: Destroy 1 Ongoing card, or take 1 Ongoing card from a Hero trash and put it on top of that Hero's deck.

Hand:
Spoiler

Mental Divergence: Ongoing,Limited--Power: Destroy 1 Ongoing card, or take 1 Ongoing card from a Hero trash and put it on top of that Hero's deck.
Demoralization: Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, The Visionary deals each Villain Target 1 Psychic Damage.
Psychic Maelstrom: One-Shot--The Visionary deals each non-Hero Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Precognition: One-Shot--Look at the top 3 cards of the Villain deck.Put 1 on top of the Villain deck and 2 on the bottom of the Villain deck.
Prophetic Vision: One-Shot--Look at the top 3 cards of the Environment deck.Put 1 on top of the Environment deck and 2 on  the bottom of the Environment deck.
Wrest The Mind: Ongoing,Limited--Play this card next to a Target, other than a Character card.Whenever that Target deals  Damage, you may redirect that Damage to another Target. If you do, The Visionary deals this card's Target and herself 3 Psychic Damage each.If the Target leaves play, destroy this card.

HP: 22 color=green]Highest Hero Target[/color]

Available Powers
Timeshift: Reveal the top card of a deck.  Put it into play or into the trash.
Rocket Punch: Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Omnitron-X may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.

In Play: Rocket Punch, Reactive Plating Subroutine, Ablative Coating, Electro-Deployment Unit
Spoiler

Electro-Deployment Unit: Equipment,Component--At the start of your turn, either draw a card or play a card.If Omnitron-X is dealt 5 or more Damage in one turn, destroy this card.
Rocket Punch: Equipment--Power: Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Omnitron-X may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
Ablative Coating: Equipment,Plating--Reduce Melee, Projectile, and Toxic Damage dealt to Omnitron-X by 2.When this card enters play, return all other Plating cards to your hand.
Reactive Plating Subroutine: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever Omnitron-X is dealt Damage of a type currently reduced by a Plating card, Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Damage of that type.

Hand
Spoiler

Technological Advancement: One-Shot--Search your deck for a Plating card or a Component card. Put it into play. Shuffle your deck.You may draw a card.
Rocket Punch: Equipment--Power: Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Omnitron-X may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
Disruptive Flechettes: One-Shot--Destroy up to 2 Ongoing cards.Omnitron-X deals each non-Hero Target 2 Projectile Damage.
Reactive Plating Subroutine: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever Omnitron-X is dealt Damage of a type currently reduced by a Plating card, Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Damage of that type.
Self Sabotage: One-Shot--Destroy any number of Component cards.Omnitron-X deals 1 Target X Energy Damage, where X = the number of Component cards destroyed by this card times 2.
Singularity: One-Shot--Destroy any number of Equipment cards.Omnitron-X deals each non-Hero Target X Lightning Damage, where X = the number of Equipment cards destroyed by this card.

HP: 15

In Play: Danger Sense, Motivational Charge, Lead from the Front
Spoiler

Danger Sense: Ongoing--Legacy is immune to Damage from Environment cards.
Motivational Charge:Ongoing,Limited--Power: Legacy deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Lead from the Front: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt Damage by a Villain card, you may redirect that Damage to Legacy.

Hand
Spoiler

Motivational Charge:Ongoing,Limited--Power: Legacy deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
The Legacy Ring: Equipment,Limited--You may use an additional power during your power phase.
Take Down:Ongoing--Villain cards cannot be played.At the end of your turn, the Villain Target with the highest HP deals Legacy 2 Energy Damage.At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
"Thokk!": One-Shot--Legacy deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.Draw a card.
Fortitude: Ongoing,Limited--Reduce Damage dealt to Legacy by 1.
Flying Smash: One-Shot--Legacy deals up to 3 Targets 3 Melee Damage each.
Surge of Strength: Ongoing,Limited--Increase Damage dealt by Legacy by 1.

Cards in Play: Biometric Plasma Vat, Irradiated Cyclohexane Vat, Supercooled Trisolvent Vat

Spoiler

Supercooled Trisolvent Vat: Vat--Whenever a Player plays a Hero card, deal their Hero 1 Cold Damage.At the end of the Environment turn, deal each Target 1 Cold Damage, 1 Toxic Damage, and 1 Energy Damage.
Irradiated Cyclohexane Vat: Vat--Convert all Damage to Toxic Damage.Increase all Damage by 1.
Biometric Plasma Vat: Vat--At the end of the Environment turn, each Target regains 1 HP.Reduce all Damage by 1.

Glitch Girl

I'd like to put out MicroTargeting computer.

I admit, I'm a little at a loss as to what to do this round.  Can I use stun bolt to deal toxic damage to Omnitron (who I believe is immune) to regain 3 HP? Is that okay with you Omnitron?  It would reduce your damage for a round by 1 but next round is when damage starts counting.

I know my second power is going to be Infrared Eyepiece, but still debating on that first one.

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Reepicheep

Omnitron is, like, um, what?

You might have to explain the logic there...

Outcast

Being infected, one is granted the power to heal 3 hp provided he/she/it deals another hero 3 toxic damage. Im not sure but i don't think you need to use your own power or card to deal 3 damage. I think it's entirely a new seperate power the infected heroes gain. I imagine it's like a zombie or vampire feeding off the life of another. This could be a good strategy too pool everyone's hp. Or if there is one or more heroes who are resistant or immune to damage. Other heroes can target them to regain some hp. Dealing Omnitron damage that he is resistant to, also makes him counter attack. So its healing and attacking at the same time as well.

Reepicheep

Oh, I see. I was trying to work out how stun bolt entered into it, since that would reduce my damage. Also, I can only absorb 2hp of an attack. Not that I'm unwilling to sacrifice 1hp to let you have 3.

But does that power only come into effect next round once Plague Rat is a filthy vermin?

catwhowalksbyhimself

All Infected Heros (currently everybody) gains two additional powers when Plague Rat is flipped.

1. Power: Your Hero deals a Hero Target 3 Toxic Damage. Your Hero regains 3 HP.

2. Power: Your Hero deals themself (H) Toxic Damage. Destroy a card named Infection.

These are in addition to any powers the hero already has and would use up the normal power use (or one of them in Wraith's case)

Omnitron is not immune to Toxic damage, but reduces the amount of any (non-irreducible) damage done to him by 2 thanks to his armor.  This mean that Wraith, or anyone else, could damage him for 1 to heal themselves for 3.  The healing only happens if damage happens, but only 1 point is required.  This would indeed trigger Reactive which could be redirected at Plague Rat.

All this is moot for now, since Plague Rat has yet to flip, so Wraith has no access to that particular power.  Just something to keep in mind for next round.

Outcast

Hmm. I believe you maybe right about gaining those powers only when Plague Rat flips next round.

It would have been a good idea since playing a hero card right now deals extra damage to the hero as well.

Legacy has an ongoing card that can heal all heroes by 1, and if he uses gung ho on one, that hero gains 2 hp total i believe.

If i had my cocoon or decoy card, other heroes can use that to target and heal themselves.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Glitch Girl on November 23, 2014, 10:11:55 PM
I'd like to put out MicroTargeting computer.

I admit, I'm a little at a loss as to what to do this round.  Can I use stun bolt to deal toxic damage to Omnitron (who I believe is immune) to regain 3 HP? Is that okay with you Omnitron?  It would reduce your damage for a round by 1 but next round is when damage starts counting.

I know my second power is going to be Infrared Eyepiece, but still debating on that first one.

Not yet.  We don't gain those powers until Plague Rat flips, and he won't flip until the start of his next turn.  The power to damage someone else to regain HP will be a distinct power that will be granted to us, you don't need to use another power of your own.  (More over, stun bolt would reduce Omnitron's own damage output.)

Hitting Plague Rat with Stun Bolt would be excellent.  Once you have Targeting Computer in play it will deal him 3 HP (which is a pretty solid attack) and reduce his damage output by 1 for a turn.  In fact, that's such a great move I may "Gung Ho" you later so you can do it again! ;)

catwhowalksbyhimself

A guy I often play online with refers to Plague Rat as a "damage race."  A lot of his damage is irreducible, so you can't normally stop it.  It usually comes down to whether the heroes can put out a steady amount of damage to drop him faster than they are being dropped themselves.  Your damage output recently has been low to say the least, so keep that in mind.

Right now you are losing the race, but have a decent setup and could easily turn it around rather quickly, just don't forget that the race is a thing.

Outcast

Between Plague Rat and the latest vat from the environment card, which can deal at LEAST 5 hp damage to some of us, i don't think we can put out enough damage in time.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on November 24, 2014, 12:17:27 AM
A guy I often play online with refers to Plague Rat as a "damage race."  A lot of his damage is irreducible, so you can't normally stop it.  It usually comes down to whether the heroes can put out a steady amount of damage to drop him faster than they are being dropped themselves.  Your damage output recently has been low to say the least, so keep that in mind.

Right now you are losing the race, but have a decent setup and could easily turn it around rather quickly, just don't forget that the race is a thing.

Just a quick note - PR's damage from cards is all "not irreducible" and would be altered by stun bolt.  The chief sources of irreducible damage are actually ourselves while infected and Rat's one base card attack.  Indeed, his "retribution attack" for destroying an infection is NOT irreducible.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Outcast on November 24, 2014, 12:28:00 AM
Between Plague Rat and the latest vat from the environment card, which can deal at LEAST 5 hp damage to some of us, i don't think we can put out enough damage in time.

That's an excellent point.  Perhaps Wraith should destroy the Supercooled Trisolvent Vat?

Deaths Jester

Crap! Didn't see the new vat in play. If GG doesn't want to take it out, those with the ability can tap me and I'll RPG it away.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Feel free to recon your turn, since I haven't processed GG's yet.

Glitch Girl

Sorry, I thought that Omnitron was immune to all toxic so it wouldn't hurt him.  Instead I'll direct the stunbolt at the vat (I forgot about it too) and hope I still have HP next turn. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

The Vat has no hp and therefore cannot be target by the Stun Bolt.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Glitch Girl on November 24, 2014, 02:59:35 AM
Sorry, I thought that Omnitron was immune to all toxic so it wouldn't hurt him.  Instead I'll direct the stunbolt at the vat (I forgot about it too) and hope I still have HP next turn.

Grappling Hook will take out a vat. That would be your card play for the turn; you'd still get two powers.

Glitch Girl

Forgot I had that.  (Weekends are busy, sorry 'bout that)

Grappling Hook comes out instead of microtargeting computer, and Sleuth and Eyepiece go into effect.
-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

Confirm the target of Grappling Hook, please?

Glitch Girl

Disabling the Vat with my Grappling hook.
-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yes, but there are 3 Environment cards currently in play and ALL of them are Vat cards.  You may only destroy 1 of them.  Which one?

Uncle Yuan

Supercooled Trisolvent Vat is doing the most damage, that would be my recommendation.

Glitch Girl

Ah, yes, Supercooled Trisolvent needs to be safely drained.
-Glitch Girl

Reepicheep

Excellent teamwork, guys.

Glitch is now roped to a vat of frozen toxic waste.