News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 4

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, October 20, 2014, 01:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

In case Yuan missed it, Legacy is up.  I'll pm him if he doesn't respond soon.  Since he's been actively moderating the forum game that I am currently playing in, he probably just missed it.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Uncle Yuan

Pay heed, friends!  This decrepit factory is likely to collapse around our ears!  (Play Danger Sense)  C'mon, Omnitron, show this beast your metal, er . . . mettle!  (Gung Ho on OX)
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

catwhowalksbyhimself

Reepicheep

Omnitron, displaying excellent military tactics by closing his eyes and pointing wildly, plays timeshift on Expatriette!

Uncle Yuan

OK, gang, here's the deal.  Properly set up Legacy is an excellent tank.  Not only can I redirect other's damage to me, but I can dramatically reduce or even entirely eliminate said damage.  There are probably 4 cards that will really allow me to do this well and I really don't have any of them.  So, extra draws (Visionary) or extra plays (Omnitron) are going to really benefit the team in the long run.  Pike Industrial has lots of vats and every so often they combine and explode for some potentially ruinous AOE attacks.  And Plague Rat goes berserk when we start healing infections, which we absolutely will need to do at some point. So, standing request, team - I will take any and extras you can spare!

catwhowalksbyhimself

I will hold for now to give Reep a chance to change his power use if he wants to.  Yuan's strategy is quite sound by the way.  Since the environment and Plague Rat both do lots of Toxic damage, he can in effect make the entire team invulnerable to the vast majority of all damage given the right setup.  That only really works with certain villains but this is about the perfect villain/environment combination for that.  Whether you want to go for it or try other tactics is up to you.

Reepicheep

Omnitron, displaying even greater strategic prowess than before, does whatever it is Yuan said to do. (???)

Deaths Jester

I'll be offline for a few days, so unless things drastically change I'm going to go ahead and post my move to keep things running easily:

Spoiler
I'll play "reload" to pull "Hollow Points" back onto my SMG, then use "Load" to play "Arsenal Access".
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Reepicheep on November 16, 2014, 06:35:36 PM
Omnitron, displaying even greater strategic prowess than before, does whatever it is Yuan said to do. (???)

I'll take the Time Shift with one caveat.  IRL Sentinels is by far and away my favorite game.  I play it a lot, and I like to think I'm pretty good at it.  On the other hand, playing with an Alpha Gamer (the one guy who tells everyone else how to take their turns) can be a real drag.  I don't want to be "that guy, " and I really don't want to give the impression that there is one "right" way to play.  There are a bazillion paths to victory and the object of the game is to have fun in any event.  So, I'm basically going to sit on my hands from here on out.  Play your turns as you see fit.  I will happily answer questions and respond to table talk, but I'll only jump in if I see something really huge looming.

catwhowalksbyhimself

That brings out one of the cards Yuan was hoping for

Lead from the Front: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt Damage by a Villain card, you may redirect that Damage to Legacy.

Legacy draws

Spoiler

Fortitude: Ongoing,Limited--Reduce Damage dealt to Legacy by 1.

It is the Environment's Turn.  Everyone heals for 1.  Pike plays Irradiated Cyclohexane Vat: Vat--Convert all Damage to Toxic Damage.Increase all Damage by 1.

The makes it the Rat's turn.  To no one's surprise, he plays Infecion.  Who wants it?

While waiting for that, I'll go ahead and tell DJ that Arsenal Access will bring up these two cards

Spoiler

Hollow Points: Equipment, Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.  Increase the Damage of that card's Power by 2.  After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

Choose 1 to put into play or into your hand and I'll process it as soon as your turn hits (which will be as soon as someone takes the Infection anyway.)

Reepicheep

I'll take this infection. Not even sure if anyone else is left?

Deaths Jester

This infection is mine, was deemed earlier. I'll take "assault rifle" and put it in play. Will then draw and end turn.

Glitch Girl

Um... I don't think I ever got my Sleuth card.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

So I guess Expat gets it, then Omni can have the next one.

So Plague Rat then hits everyone for 3 irreducible Toxic damage.  (irreducible damage cannot be reduced, hence the name, but can still be increased, that's why it's 3) Since Omnitron X has now taken damage that he has armor for, he can deal 1 target 2 toxic damage.

Once Omnitron has selected his target, I'll process Expat's card drawn, then move onto Wraith's turn.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on November 16, 2014, 09:09:59 PM

Lead from the Front: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt Damage by a Villain card, you may redirect that Damage to Legacy.

Yes!  That was a key card I needed.  Now for Next Evolution . . .

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Glitch Girl on November 16, 2014, 10:13:03 PM
Um... I don't think I ever got my Sleuth card.

You said you wished to activate Infrared Eyepiece.  IE and Sleuth are both powers.  You can only use one on your turn.  If you want to use both, you'll need to put the Utility Belt into play.  I did not understand that you were trying to use Sleuth or I would have clarified that sooner.  My apologies for any misunderstanding.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on November 16, 2014, 10:16:05 PM

Speaking of which I forgot give you the chance to redirect damage to yourself.  I have not yet processed the damage, so feel free to do so.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on November 16, 2014, 10:20:40 PM
Quote from: Uncle Yuan on November 16, 2014, 10:16:05 PM

Speaking of which I forgot give you the chance to redirect damage to yourself.  I have not yet processed the damage, so feel free to do so.

Not yet.  Once HPs get a little lower I might throw myself on a grenade or two, but for now we're doing OK.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Okay, then Omni-X should still choose his target.

Reepicheep

Suck it, Plague Locus!

(Ok, I may well take that back - is Plague Locus a card that can be removed by an attack that destroys an ongoing card, or do we have to whittle it's HP down to get rid of it? If the former, hit the Rat himself.)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Plague Locus takes 2 damage. Expat takes 3 from Infection.

Expat draws

Spoiler

Quick Draw: One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either "Pride" or "Prejudice" and put it into play.If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.

Effects in play:
Plague Rat's damage increased by 1
Infected Heroes damage increased by 1
Plague rat heals based on number of Infected heroes
If Expat would be deal 3 or more damage, prevent it
All damage reduced by 1
All damage increased by 1 and turned into Toxic

Side:Plaguebearer
Spoiler

Side A--Plaguebearer
At the start of the Villain turn, if all active Heroes are Infected, flip Plague Rat's Villain Character card. Whenever a card named Infection is destroyed, Plague Rat deals each Hero Target (H) Toxic Damage.At the end of the Villain turn, Plague Rat deals each Hero Target 1 Irreducible Melee Damage.

Side B--Filthy Vermin
At the start of the Villain turn, Plague Rat deals each Infected Hero 2 Toxic Damage.At the start of the Villain turn, if any active Heroes are not Infected, flip Plague Rat's Villain Character card.Infected Heroes have these powers:Power: Your Hero deals a Hero Target 3 Toxic Damage. Your Hero regains 3 HP.Power: Your Hero deals themself (H) Toxic Damage. Destroy a card named Infection.At the end of the Villain turn, Plague Rat deals each Hero Target 1 Irreducible Melee Damage.
HP: 83 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
Plague Locus--6 hpLowest Villain Target
Infection--Legacy, Wraith, Expatriette
Spoiler

Plague Locus: 13   hp, Nest--Increase Damage dealt by Plague Rat and all Infected Heroes by 1.At the end of the Villain turn, Plague Rat regains X HP, where X = the number of Infected Heroes.
Infection: Ongoing--When this card is played, if all active Heroes are Infected, discard this card and play the top card of the Villain deck. Play this card next to an active Hero who is not Infected. That Hero is Infected. At the start of that Hero's turn, they deal themselves 1 Irreducible Toxic Damage.

HP: 21
Available Powers:
Load: Play a card
Submachine Gun: Expatriette deals each non-Hero Target 1 Projectile Damage.Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time. Cards in Play: Submachine Gun, Flak Jacket
Spoiler

Submachine Gun: Equipment,Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals each non-Hero Target 1 Projectile Damage.Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Flak Jacket:Equipment, Limited--If Expatriette would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, prevent all of it and destroy this card.

Hand:
Spoiler

RPG Launcher: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. If you do, Expatriette deals up to 2 Targets 2 Fire Damage each.
Reload:One-Shot--Take an Ammo card from your trash and put it into play or into your hand.
Quick Draw: One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either "Pride" or "Prejudice" and put it into play.If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.

HP: 17 Lowest Hero Target[
Available Powers:
Sleuth: Reveal the top card of the Environment deck.  Discard it or play it.
Infrared Eyepiece: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Stun Bolt: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.

In Play: Inrared Eyepiece, Stun Bolt
Spoiler

Infrared Eyepiece: Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Stun Bolt: Equipment--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.

Hand:
Spoiler

Utility Belt: Equipment, Limited--You may use an additional power during your power phase.
Combat Stance:Ongoing,Limited--The first time The Wraith is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, The Wraith deals that Target 2 Melee Damage.
Combat Stance:Ongoing,Limited--The first time The Wraith is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, The Wraith deals that Target 2 Melee Damage.
Grappling Hook:One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. You may draw a card.
Trust Fund:One-Shot--Draw 4 cards, then discard 2 cards.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment, Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP. Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.
Stun Bolt: Equipment--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.
Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment,Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.

Available Powers
Enlighten: 1 Player draws 2 cards then discards 1 card.
Mental Divergence: Destroy 1 Ongoing card, or take 1 Ongoing card from a Hero trash and put it on top of that Hero's deck.

In Play: Mental Divergence
Spoiler

Mental Divergence: Ongoing,Limited--Power: Destroy 1 Ongoing card, or take 1 Ongoing card from a Hero trash and put it on top of that Hero's deck.

Hand:
Spoiler

Demoralization: Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, The Visionary deals each Villain Target 1 Psychic Damage.
Psychic Maelstrom: One-Shot--The Visionary deals each non-Hero Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Cerebral Hemorrhage: One-Shot--The Visionary deals up to 3 Targets 2 Psychic Damage each.
Precognition: One-Shot--Look at the top 3 cards of the Villain deck.Put 1 on top of the Villain deck and 2 on the bottom of the Villain deck.
Prophetic Vision: One-Shot--Look at the top 3 cards of the Environment deck.Put 1 on top of the Environment deck and 2 on  the bottom of the Environment deck.
Wrest The Mind: Ongoing,Limited--Play this card next to a Target, other than a Character card.Whenever that Target deals  Damage, you may redirect that Damage to another Target. If you do, The Visionary deals this card's Target and herself 3 Psychic Damage each.If the Target leaves play, destroy this card.

HP: 22 color=green]Highest Hero Target[/color]

Available Powers
Timeshift: Reveal the top card of a deck.  Put it into play or into the trash.
Rocket Punch: Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Omnitron-X may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.

In Play: Rocket Punch, Reactive Plating Subroutine, Ablative Coating
Spoiler

Rocket Punch: Equipment--Power: Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Omnitron-X may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
Ablative Coating: Equipment,Plating--Reduce Melee, Projectile, and Toxic Damage dealt to Omnitron-X by 2.When this card enters play, return all other Plating cards to your hand.
Reactive Plating Subroutine: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever Omnitron-X is dealt Damage of a type currently reduced by a Plating card, Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Damage of that type.

Hand
Spoiler

Rocket Punch: Equipment--Power: Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Omnitron-X may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
Disruptive Flechettes: One-Shot--Destroy up to 2 Ongoing cards.Omnitron-X deals each non-Hero Target 2 Projectile Damage.
Electro-Deployment Unit: Equipment,Component--At the start of your turn, either draw a card or play a card.If Omnitron-X is dealt 5 or more Damage in one turn, destroy this card.
Reactive Plating Subroutine: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever Omnitron-X is dealt Damage of a type currently reduced by a Plating card, Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Damage of that type.
Self Sabotage: One-Shot--Destroy any number of Component cards.Omnitron-X deals 1 Target X Energy Damage, where X = the number of Component cards destroyed by this card times 2.
Singularity: One-Shot--Destroy any number of Equipment cards.Omnitron-X deals each non-Hero Target X Lightning Damage, where X = the number of Equipment cards destroyed by this card.

In Play: Danger Sense
Spoiler

Danger Sense: Ongoing--Legacy is immune to Damage from Environment cards.

Hand
Spoiler

Fortitude: Ongoing,Limited--Reduce Damage dealt to Legacy by 1.
Back-Fist Strike: One-Shot--Legacy deals 1 Target 4 Melee Damage.
Flying Smash: One-Shot--Legacy deals up to 3 Targets 3 Melee Damage each.
Surge of Strength: Ongoing,Limited--Increase Damage dealt by Legacy by 1.

Cards in Play: Biometric Plasma Vat

Spoiler

Biometric Plasma Vat: Vat--At the end of the Environment turn, each Target regains 1 HP.Reduce all Damage by 1.

It is now Wraith's turn.  She takes 3 points of damage due to Infection. (Note I modified Wraith's damage early, so the above includes her Infection this turn.)

Glitch Girl

Ouch. 

Activating Utility Belt this turn, using both IR Eyepiece and Sleuth. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

The villain deck reveals

Spoiler

Ravage: One-Shot--Plague Rat deals each Hero Target other than the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Toxic Damage.Search the Villain deck for as many copies of the card Infection as Hero Targets Damaged this way. Play them. Shuffle the deck.
Noxious Bite:One-Shot--Plague Rat deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP (H) Toxic Damage.Search the Villain deck for a copy of the card Infection. Put it into play. Shuffle the Villain deck.

Choose 1 to put on top and 1 on bottom.

The Environment reveals

Spoiler

Chemical Explosion--Destroy all Vat cards. Deal all Targets X Toxic Damage, where X = the number of cards destroyed by this card plus 3.At the end of the Environment turn, destroy this card.
Put it into play or discard it. (I can probably guess in this case though.)

Glitch Girl

Discarding the Chemical explosion (I don't think it would do anything anyway, no vats in play, right?)

Both Ravage and Noxious bite sound bad.  I may go with Noxious Bite just to lessen the overall damage unless someone has a better idea.
-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Glitch Girl on November 18, 2014, 04:04:40 AM
Discarding the Chemical explosion (I don't think it would do anything anyway, no vats in play, right?)

There are two Vats in play currently.  Even if there were none, 0+3 damage is still 3.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Glitch Girl on November 18, 2014, 04:04:40 AM

Both Ravage and Noxious bite sound bad.  I may go with Noxious Bite just to lessen the overall damage unless someone has a better idea.

Another thing to consider is as the hero with the lowest HP, you will be the target for Noxious Bite. 

Glitch Girl

Believe me, I know it.  But I'm kinda screwed either way.   Thinking I shoulda picked the other Wraith right about now.   

Still discarding the vat unless I'm completely missing something.

Still debating on the  Ravage/Bite thing.
-Glitch Girl

Outcast

I think it's gonna be hard for all of us to avoid being infected. Plague Rat has a lot of search for Infection cards at his disposal. But if what Cat said earlier about us being able to safely destroy the infection (once we are all infected and the Plague Rat flips to his Filthy Vermin Side) and possibly without incurring any damage?

QuoteA couple of notes.  I've put Plague Rat's full instructions in spoilers so you can read them for yourself.  Basically he plays constantly damaging Infections on people. Try to remove said infects and he lay the smackdown on everyone.  He flips when everyone's infected, doing more damage, but also no longer punishing anyone for destroying the infection, allowing them to be safely removed.  Also he deals a lot of irredicible damage which just means that no card effect can ever lower the amount of damage, although it can still be raised.....

Side B--Filthy Vermin
At the start of the Villain turn, Plague Rat deals each Infected Hero 2 Toxic Damage.At the start of the Villain turn, if any active Heroes are not Infected, flip Plague Rat's Villain Character card.Infected Heroes have these powers:Power: Your Hero deals a Hero Target 3 Toxic Damage. Your Hero regains 3 HP.Power: Your Hero deals themself (H) Toxic Damage. Destroy a card named Infection.At the end of the Villain turn, Plague Rat deals each Hero Target 1 Irreducible Melee Damage.

I think we might be better off with Ravage. Which would infect 2 more Hero Targets not infected. Namely Omnitron X and Visionary. Once we destroy the infection safely. I don't think there's a way for Plague Rat to infect any of us again. Once that's out of the way early, maybe we can concentrate our attacks on Plague Rat.

If not, i can also use Visionary's Precognition card to check the next 2 cards in Plague Rat's deck and see if any of them are less of a threat.

Glitch Girl

Sounds good.  I'll go with Ravage like my original plan and hope I can soak the damage.
-Glitch Girl

Deaths Jester

Uncle Yuan and Cat got a question for you too..see the spoiler...

Spoiler
Is it possible for Expat to destroy the infection with the RPG launcher seeing as it is an ongoing effect?