Who You Gonna Call?

Started by spydermann93, October 08, 2014, 09:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Wow, Ghostbusters with a new cast and WITHOUT Harold Ramis?  No thank you.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

JeyNyce

What they should do is NOT reboot the series, but make it like the New Ghostbuster cartoon and pass the torch to the next generation of Ghostbusters.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

SickAlice

Uncle Yuan

So the official word is that the new movie will feature an all women cast .
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

spydermann93

hmm... interesting...

Do you know if they're going to be their own team, unrelated to the original group, or is this new group the daughters of the old team?

Either way, I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

JeyNyce

From what I'm reading online, it's a complete reboot, which is kind of sad to me.  I hope it's not all comedy but SciFi/comedy

BWPS

I can't wait to see who they cast, this should be really good.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

stumpy

Maybe the ghosts of the previous cast will haunt the new ghostbusters? (I mean, literally, in the new movie, not figuratively in people's perceptions of the new movie in the real world.)
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

detourne_me

I'm looking forward to this as well. That director has a solid track record.

Podmark

Ghostbusters is probably my favorite movie, and I'd have loved to see a third one, but I don't know about this. But there's so little information there's not much to say yet.

I always thought Ghostbusters would make a great live action TV show. The setup is prefect.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Glitch Girl

The power of Patty compels you... to watch this trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

(sorry, that's probably my favorite line in the whole thing)
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Tomato

I'm not a huge Ghostbusters person, but this looks really good and I kinda want to watch it just to spite the haters.

JeyNyce

Quote from: Tomato on March 03, 2016, 04:04:32 PM
I'm not a huge Ghostbusters person, but this looks really good and I kinda want to watch it just to spite the haters.

I have to agree, I had my doubts, but this looks like it's going to be funny

spydermann93

Trailer looks good!

I'm really surprised by the number of dislikes on that video, though. Yikes :blink:

Silver Shocker

As someone who calls Ghostbusters his favorite movie...I didn't like the trailer. (which I guess qualifies me as one of the "haters"  :thumbdown: )

Humor felt pretty forced and lame. Characters feel off, it doesn't feel like authentic Ghostbusters to me. The only things I did like are the shiny, classic-looking logo (which was already revealed online before this trailer) and the ghosts themselves, which look great (they should, it's a major studio movie made about 30 years later).

Don't think I'm gonna see this in the theater. I've got enough other movies to see as it is. Might rent it if I hear it's good.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

thalaw2

I just saw this movie and wow!  It was goooooodddd! The comedy timing was nearly spot on.  I was thinking it would be terrible.  I was wrong.  So I just want to say everyone should check it out.  See some ghosts babes!
革命不会被电视转播

BWPS

I didn't like the trailer. This movie is amazing though, I wish I had seen it in theaters. It's so funny, better than the original which I also love. It has a great cast, great writing, great effects. Maybe my third Valerie movie of the year, definitely my favorite comedy.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.