News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Comicbook Force beta for 3R

Started by yell0w_lantern, June 04, 2014, 12:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yell0w_lantern

After many fits and starts of work, here is Comicbook Force, a very simple mod for FFv3R done in the style of the early FF1 mods where the original characters are replaced.  There are very few extras beyond that.  I have played it through to completion so it does work although there are some bugs.  For example, none of the swaps relying on the FFX2.py file work so there are no working tangle attacks or throw2. Also, only some of the descriptions are completed.

http://www.4shared.com/archive/lhV8gkkzce/Comicbook.html
Yellow Lantern smash!

spydermann93

This looks awesome, YL!

However, after looking through some of the characters, I noticed that some of the character models were either not converted properly or are just missing.

They are:
Captain Marvel (only the cape is visible)
Cloak (only his head and cloak are visible)
Dagger (only her hair is visible)
Dr. Weird (only his belt is visible)
Rogue (only her clothes are visible)
Silver Surfer (only his board is visible)
The Beacon (only his gauntlets and shoulder pad are visible)

yell0w_lantern

Hmm... they shows up like that on my desktop but not my notebook pc.  :doh:

Cloak is supposed to be like that as far as I know.

The one things they all have in common is I used NiSkinPartition from NIFSkope to get rid of the ghosting problem.  The meshes that work correctly might have been converted already (with a different program).  I'll try to get to my Laptop which runs XP tonight as that had a reliable method.
Yellow Lantern smash!

spydermann93

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on June 04, 2014, 08:17:44 PM
Hmm... they shows up like that on my desktop but not my notebook pc.  :doh:

Cloak is supposed to be like that as far as I know.

The one things they all have in common is I used NiSkinPartition from NIFSkope to get rid of the ghosting problem.  The meshes that work correctly might have been converted already (with a different program).  I'll try to get to my Laptop which runs XP tonight as that had a reliable method.

That might be the issue, then.

If you'd like, you can send the originals to me and I'll convert them to :ffvstr: for you, ghosting fix and all.

EDIT: Actually, I think I can see the original meshes in their folders. I'll get started on those and then report back to you if I'm missing anything.

spydermann93

Ok, I've converted the meshes.  They all appear and work fine in-game (ghosting issue is non-existant! ^_^)

Where would you like these sent?

yell0w_lantern

Already done but, thanks.  :thumbup:

An updated file with (hopefully) fixed tangle swaps is now up.  Use the link above.
Yellow Lantern smash!

Murdock

I like to try it out. But is it possible to upload the file in another site? The current link has so many fake download buttons, i don't know which of them to trust anymore.
Taking a break due to RL issues.

trebean

You're supposed to log in 4shared first to download there then choose the one right next to the premium button, this takes you to another identical screen where you clicl that button again and wait for the timer to end.

Murdock

I see. Then i have to register first.  :mellow:

Thanks for letting me know.
Taking a break due to RL issues.