News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Dick Grayson Costume Rating Results

Started by Podmark, May 27, 2014, 04:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

It's time to review the results of Dick Grayson's costume ratings. Which does Freedom Reborn think is the best and the worst? (Ratings as of May 26, 2014)

1Nightwing's third costume4.56
2Robin TAS4.4
3Batman RIP4.25
4Red Robin4
5Nightwing New 52 Second3.63
6Nightwing 2nd costume3.1
7Nightwing TAS3
8Robin Earth 22.83
9Nightwing Original2.82
10Robin original2.67
11Nightwing Renegade2.38
12Robin New 522.14
13Batman Earth 21.9
14Nightwing New 52 first1.43
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Got to say, this was fun, and I am looking forward to seeing who is going to be next.  :D

BentonGrey

Yeah, this was definitely fun.  This was a great idea, Pod, even though FR is totally wrong about rating those Nightwing costumes so high. ;)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

I know, right? I totally think the TAS Robin should have been much lower than second place  :P

BentonGrey

Quote from: Tomato on May 27, 2014, 04:49:39 PM
I know, right? I totally think the TAS Robin should have been much lower than second place  :P

Annnnnd your opinion becomes invalid.  :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Tomato

In all seriousness though Benton, it's only his main Nightwing outfit, (one that's been prevalent in the comics for several decades now) that made it that high up. All the others got beaten out by not only the TAS costume, but also the Red Robin costume AND the Batman RIP outfit. Neither the original Robin costume NOR the Earth 2 versions of it were really strong designs, and both had MAJOR issues with execution.

And really, you have to remember... while Dick was Robin for most of your life, for those of my generation, he's been Nightwing almost our entire lives. Heck, he's even been Nightwing in the cartoons a good chunk of that time... My first memories of watching the Batman cartoons were when TNBA was first airing (I saw many of the older episodes as well, but the new ones were TNBA), so even though I knew he was once Robin, my very first real exposure with him was as Nightwing. Pretty much every series to feature Dick Grayson since that point has had at least one episode reminding viewers that he would eventually become Nightwing.

Podmark

Well I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. I'll start the next set soon. I'm open to suggestions for future costumes though. Feel free to post or pm me if you've got any ideas.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Well since we started with Dick Grayson/Robin, why not hit the next in line with Wally West/Kid Flash?

Tomato

I'm down with that. I think it's appropriate too, given the n52 stuff coming out

Podmark

Alright that sounds good. The next set will be a Marvel one I've been planning but afterwards we'll do some Flash stuff.  :D
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Glitch Girl

If you're doing Wally West, please include his YJ incarnation as well. 

I wish I had thought to request YJ Robin/Nightwing in the previous set but the queue was pretty full by the time I thought of it. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Podmark

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 28, 2014, 01:18:36 PM
I wish I had thought to request YJ Robin/Nightwing in the previous set but the queue was pretty full by the time I thought of it.

You got it friend!

Marvel set should start on the weekend.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Quote from: Tomato on May 27, 2014, 06:24:31 PM
In all seriousness though Benton, it's only his main Nightwing outfit, (one that's been prevalent in the comics for several decades now) that made it that high up. All the others got beaten out by not only the TAS costume, but also the Red Robin costume AND the Batman RIP outfit. Neither the original Robin costume NOR the Earth 2 versions of it were really strong designs, and both had MAJOR issues with execution.

And really, you have to remember... while Dick was Robin for most of your life, for those of my generation, he's been Nightwing almost our entire lives. Heck, he's even been Nightwing in the cartoons a good chunk of that time... My first memories of watching the Batman cartoons were when TNBA was first airing (I saw many of the older episodes as well, but the new ones were TNBA), so even though I knew he was once Robin, my very first real exposure with him was as Nightwing. Pretty much every series to feature Dick Grayson since that point has had at least one episode reminding viewers that he would eventually become Nightwing.

Haha, I'm only teasing you 'Mato.  ;)   It's not your fault for growing up in a blighted, impoverished era, deprived of good versions of comics! :P  Haha, no, no, I know how you feel about Nightwing, and I'm not about to attack that. :)

Pod, thanks for doing these!
God Bless

bat1987

Really had fun with these, and very happy that my fave suit of the lot won ^_^

I'll echo what others have said, tnx Pod for doing these. As a longtime comic reader, I like looking back on all of these, and seeing how others feel about them.

Podmark

Glad you guys are enjoying them. I'd actually wanted to do something like this for years.
Earlier this week I decided what set we'll be doing after the Flash one. I think you guys will really enjoy it.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page